• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The FI Warning Thing

DanLong

Mini Bike
I've read about it, but never experienced it until the other day. Out for a normal cruise, on a back road in 4th gear, when the red warning light flashed 2 times, and then the FI message comes up on the LCD. It goes away and that was that.

Since you've read up on it. I'm sure you know that it's probably fine. If it comes on a lot or stays on, then worry. But once and a great while. I wouldn't sweat it!

IIRC, When the FI warning light comes on and there's actually a problem with the fuel injection. You should also get a warning message flashing both "FI error" and "FI" flashing alternately on the dash display in addition to the warning light. You can then shut the bike down. Then put the bike in self diagnostics mode to get the error code(s).

joe in calif said:
Then put the bike in self diagnostics mode to get the error code(s).
How do you do that?

Joe,
  FJR BOB mentioned Diag Mode.  It will ONLY display the errors IF there are
permanent errors stored. To get to the temp errors (like the intermittent FI error) you need to use the KDS 3 diagnostic tools.

To enter the self-diagnosis mode, turn the ignition switch ON, press both upper and lower dash buttons for more than 2 seconds.  If there are errors stored, you will see the 2 digit error code in the LCD.  This section begins on page 17-1 in the service manual.

HTH,

Mick