• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The First Midweek Flowriduh RTE

SteveJ

For all of you Saturday/weekend workers, here we go.

January 9th, about 6pm

Flaco's Cafe
5347 Gall Blvd.
Zephyrhills, FL 33542

Location is 2.5 blocks north of SR 54 on US 301, on your left if north bound.

http://www.flacoscafe.com/index.htm

A note on the midweek RTE's(or any RTE's): your arrival time is not critical, if you can't make it until, say 7, don't sweat it. Come anyway and eat up. Then everybody else can stare at you while you eat. ;)

The next one will be most likely toward the east coast, restaurant ideas encouraged.

turbo-max said:
awesome! hope i can remember this to make it  :-[
Iff'n you register at the calendar location for this event, you can choose from several email reminders. I know that that helps my 60 year old addled brain a lot.

SteveJ-- I think you mean US 301 instead of 310. I'm sorry to say I'll be missing this RTE by only a few days. Looking forward to getting down there ASAP.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
SteveJ-- I think you mean US 301 instead of 310. I'm sorry to say I'll be missing this RTE by only a few days. Looking forward to getting down there ASAP.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Hey Tom, thanks for seeing the mess up. We'll see ya around somewhere.

Sounds like a great idea!  I ride Tuesday am  with the SOBs(solivita older bikers) for breakfast ride  leave 8 am back by 1030am usually 60 miles round trip  and Thursdays  is Lunch ride day leave about 9am  return home around 230 pm.. usually 200 round trip. went to  Mo's in Lake Panasofski sp? today... nice ride through some of the nicest in Polk , osceola and Lake counties... I will probably be able to make some of the mid week rides  . as long as I continue to heal up  my back...  ;)  . I will keep watching this space....
I am currently retired but not out of choice ...have  some time to decide what to do when I grow up!

I'm not sure I can make t, way to far for me  ;)  Seriously, expect a couple others - one has an associate COG #, the other is a COG "dependant". Thanks for doing this SteveJ - Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I'm not sure I can make t, way to far for me  ;)  Seriously, expect a couple others - one has an associate COG #, the other is a COG "dependant". Thanks for doing this SteveJ - Steve
You will probably make it OK if you stop for a break about half way.  BTW, Todd came up with the location, I'm just following along. You gonna pile three people on a bike? Cool. It will be just like The Philippines.  :))

YAHOO!!!  I'm leaving snowy upstate NY, ( almost 2 feet on the ground and -11 degrees this morning ), Jan.7 and should be able to make the RTE Jan. 9.

Once more YAHOO!!!

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
YAHOO!!!  I'm leaving snowy upstate NY, ( almost 2 feet on the ground and -11 degrees this morning ), Jan.7 and should be able to make the RTE Jan. 9.

Once more YAHOO!!!

Tom Taylor COG#7173

It'll be good to see you again. I A$$ume you'll be buying cuz you'll be so happy to be here and see us, right?  :great: :great:

Steve-- I'd love to pick up the tab Wednesday, but living in New York means all my extra money goes to pay my taxes.

Looking forward to being there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Steve-- I'd love to pick up the tab Wednesday, but living in New York means all my extra money goes to pay my taxes.

Looking forward to being there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Understood completely.

Steve, how can I support your RTE on Wednesday?
Did you hear from Snake or Eddie?
If we have enough riders, we could give out a $50.00 BikeBandit gift card for this first one. Also have some really nice C10 prints that Mike Schmidtt gave me to give out.Al

Nope, not me. I have to do that nasty four letter word...WORK! And for Tom...New York, the VAMPIRE State!

Eddie-FL said:
Nope, not me. I have to do that nasty four letter word...WORK! And for Tom...New York, the VAMPIRE State!

hook·y 
/ˈho͝okē/
Noun
Stay away from school or work without permission or explanation.

After having conferred with His Highness, the Grand Poo-bah of SECOG, IronbuttAl, we came up with a shameless bribe to get folks to attend. This bribe prize is a $50 BikeBandit gift card. This prize, OK, bribe, was purchased with funds from COG, so it would seem fair to require membership, or a promise to join right away, to win it. Hey, if you're not member, you can join up and still be thirteen bucks ahead. Much better than getting poked in your eye with a sharp stick, I'm thinkin'.

So, come one, come all.

It was sooooooo close.  That week I have Thurs/Sun off...  :-[

To add insult to injury, I'm off the entire following week!  :banghead:

Enjoy guys!  I'll make the east coast RTE, come hook or crook!

I'm SO SORRY to cancel hours before the event but I brought a serious case of bronchitis with me from NY. I hope to see y'all soon.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
I'm SO SORRY to cancel hours before the event but I brought a serious case of bronchitis with me from NY. I hope to see y'all soon.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
We appreciate you not spreading the germs. Catch ya next time.

Hey Tom, get outside in the warm sun and let the heat and warm air help to clean out your lungs!
Don't forget to hydrate too.

Feel better soon!!

:49:

To all that wanted to, but could not make this event...bummer, cause I  had a good time and it seemed everyone else did too...judging from the laughter and conversations.

Not a big turnout but what a way to start this string of RTEs!

Good restaurant choice guys!

:08:

We had seven folks show up for the first of these. Jo Poole won the Bike Bandit gift card, for having the least tread on a rear tire.

Flaco's is one kick butt place to eat, a wonderful dining experience. Nice prices, a waiter with a real personality :great:, and excellent food.

This place is really not on the way to anywhere, but is really worth the effort to get there. It was that good.