• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

There is a cure for the dropsies

barberman

Training Wheels
And I just discovered it this week after installing Soups' lowering links. Yes, better footing helps. But a side effect of lowering is the changing of the center of gravity. (discussion in "suspension and adjustments")  Takes away that top heaviness at slow speeds.  I drop no more. KJ

@ KJ :" I drop no more. "

Jeez, man, don't tempt fate with something like that!  ;D

And who is this 'Soup' of whom you speak? I am interested in lowering my C-10 as much as possible. For some reason...  :great:

Ed

Runner said:
@ KJ :" I drop no more. "

Jeez, man, don't tempt fate with something like that!  ;D

And who is this 'Soup' of whom you speak? I am interested in lowering my C-10 as much as possible. For some reason...  :great:

Ed

Soupy made lowering links for the C10. Search for “Soupy’s Lowering Link” on the forum. Don’t think he’s making them anymore.

You can only realistically drop about 1” - partly because you can’t get but *maybe* 1” in the forks (think it’s actually less), and also because you just start bottoming out.

Dropped mine 1” - had these problems. Now I’m at about 1/2” and that makes a good difference for me (I’m 5’9”, and wear riding boots with a heel).

Thanks Jim Bob. I guess lowering the bike ain't the answer. Checking with my local orthopedic surgeon about lower leg extensions...  :))

Ed

Mornin',  I measured how much I lowered and it came out to 6 9/16ths. The original stock length is 6 1/4".  Still retain stock K.S. and WAY reduces that top heaviness w/ a full tank. Slow speed maneuvering is much improved too. KJ

Barberman, your measuring the drop incorrectly.
You gave us the change at the Link. That amount was 5/16"
Because of the lengths and ratio's, the actual drop of the bike is much greater than the change at the Link.
  I suspect your 5/16" change amounts to about 1 1/4" drop...

To determine how much the bike was lowered;
  Before adding the Link; (with bike on center stand) measure from the frame to the axle.
  After adding the Link; (with bike on center stand) measure from the frame to the axle.

The actual drop is the difference in the 2 measurement's.

NOTE: After lowering you need to set the Suspension Sag.
          I watched several YouTube video's before doing the adjust.
          This seemed like the easiest to understand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzTyCKh5fY

Hope this helps.
      Ride safe, Ted

Ted, You are correct. Measuring at the link just worked better for me, then sitting on it. You are probably right about seat height dropping 1 1/4. Thanks, KJ

Runner said:
Thanks Jim Bob. I guess lowering the bike ain't the answer. Checking with my local orthopedic surgeon about lower leg extensions...  :))

Ed

Lemme know what the doc says...I’d like to be about 6’2”

Maybe we can get a group discount.  :D