• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Thicker handlebar grips?

johnhopkins1649

I picked up a 2008 C14 yesterday. In the hour ride home, I figured out that I'm going to need thicker grips. I'm not as young as I used to be and my hand was not loving the skinny hand grips. I ordered a throttle lock but I'm going to want to do something about the thickness of the grips.
What are the go-to options for grip thickness? I searched the forum but didn't find the info I was hoping for.

Thanks, in advance for any guidance.

+1 to what bud said. Foam grips over the stock ones. Gives me a fatter grip, still can feel the heat when needed...come in several colors as well to accent the ride...lol

I used the grip buddies over another add on grip (a modestly thick grip from ebay I think Connie_rider mentioned once) over the stock grips. Oury's are very nice; used them on a previous bike. Nice thick blocky grip. Since the 08 doesn't have heated grips you can change them out and put something over them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm enjoying the bike; just need to address to a few little things like that. The only biggish thing I want to take care of is the seat. I kind of wish my bike had more miles on it when I bought it... more likely for someone to have already put on a better seat.

I didn't like the size of the grip with Grip puppies on them. wanted somethnig smaller and looked elsewhere.

OK, promise not to laugh. Here they are.
I installed the black ones on my grips by heating in hot water and sliding them on.
Tight fit, but doable and not too large of diameter.

www.ebay.com

2x Practical Motorcycle Hand Grips Dirt Bike Soft TRP Handle Bar Handbrake Cover | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2x Practical Motorcycle Hand Grips Dirt Bike Soft TRP Handle Bar Handbrake Cover at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
www.ebay.com

I have joint pain in my hands and grip puppies really help with that .They kill vibes pretty good too . It takes some getting use to but now normal size grips feel really strange to me

Attachments

• 20220108_160624_HDR_(1).jpg
    20220108_160624_HDR_(1).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211023_100206_(1)_(1).jpg
    20211023_100206_(1)_(1).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 77
I have the grip puppies on the C14, which I do like. Another option that I have used is Cold Shrink Tubing. Very durable.

Attachments

• 1400351306329.jpg
    1400351306329.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2014-09-02_17-08-45_491.jpg
    2014-09-02_17-08-45_491.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 67
I didn't like the size of the grip with Grip puppies on them. wanted somethnig smaller and looked elsewhere.

OK, promise not to laugh. Here they are.
I installed the black ones on my grips by heating in hot water and sliding them on.
Tight fit, but doable and not too large of diameter.

www.ebay.com

2x Practical Motorcycle Hand Grips Dirt Bike Soft TRP Handle Bar Handbrake Cover | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2x Practical Motorcycle Hand Grips Dirt Bike Soft TRP Handle Bar Handbrake Cover at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
www.ebay.com
I bought those in a set of 3 pairs. Went through them in no time as they split out at the end and shredded within about 3 or 4 weeks. Cheap and felt good but did not last long. I ended up with these https://ridermagazine.com/2013/07/03/original-grip-buddies-super-sharkskin-motorcycle-grips-review/ and have used several pairs over 170K+ miles but just saw that they are constructing a new website so I won't post the original addy

Last edited:
The ones you described are the same I have?
I thought these would be junk, but these have been on the bike for about 3-4 years.
No problems whatsoever.
They work with OEM heated grip.
Their smaller than Grip Puppies etc but larger than OEM grips. (ie; Fit over the OEMs)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: