• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This is bizarre.

Weg3111

Training Wheels
I don't know how or when this happened. It definitely wasn't this way when I bought it. I have a pic to prove that. Check out my tac. See how the center post of the needle is warped and melted looking and the speedo side isn't. I just noticed it today and don't know how long it's been that way. I can't imagine what could have caused it though it seems to be working fine. The clear plastic lens cover is undamaged. Very strange.

speedo_tac.jpg

There have been quite a few people who have had parts of the dash melt because of sun through the windshield. Mine had a small bump between the gauges. This is probably just another example of magnified sun through the shield!

Mine did the same thing on the speedo side.  Kawasaki replaced the instrument cluster on warranty.  They sent along a note telling me not to park it in bright sunlight.  Yeah...right...  I put a shade over the new gauges I got from a guy on the forum and glued a couple of bullseyes over the center.  Those bullseyes take a little getting used to, but they keep direct sunlight off the needles.  Pics here:  http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2559343390094676570HjBacQ

IAStan said:
Mine did the same thing on the speedo side.  Kawasaki replaced the instrument cluster on warranty.  They sent along a note telling me not to park it in bright sunlight.  Yeah...right...  I put a shade over the new gauges I got from a guy on the forum and glued a couple of bullseyes over the center.  Those bullseyes take a little getting used to, but they keep direct sunlight off the needles.  Pics here:  http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2559343390094676570HjBacQ

Did the melting on yours impair the functioning of the speedo somehow? Or did they replace it soley for aesthetic reasons? Do you still have the stock shield on? I was thinking I would have a hard time getting Kawasaki to do anything about this.