• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire discount

M

MikeERideWNC

I offered this on the other C14 forum, so I will offer here as well.
I will pass on my savings to a few here who might need tires.
Contact me at: MikeE@RideWNC.com

You just need to PAYPAL me money as a gift and I will buy the tires on my account and send them to your address from JakeWilson
They don't have to be Michelin, just tires which JakeWilson sells on their website.
I can save you 11.00 -15.00 per set depending what the listed price is.

JakeWilson -

120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Front Motorcycle TirePart # 1223970005  -  $114.99
190/50ZR-17 (73W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Rear Motorcycle TirePart # 1223980006    -  $163.99
Sub Total:$278.98

I could get you these from JakeWilson for 268.00 shipped to your door step.

JakeWilson.com
PR2
120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Front Motorcycle TirePart # 1223970005  -$114.99
190/55ZR-17 (75W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Rear Motorcycle TirePart # 1223980008  -  $170.99
Sub Total:$285.98

I can do 275.00 shipped from JakeWilson.com.

PR3
120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 3 Radial Front Motorcycle TirePart # 1324630002  -  $133.99
190/55ZR-17 (75W) Michelin Pilot Road 3 Radial Rear Motorcycle TirePart # 1324650005  -  $192.99
Sub Total:$326.98

I can do 315.00 shipped from JakeWilson.com

On PR3s you can do $315 shipped from many places, Amazon included (if you are a Prime member and get free shipping). This seems to have become the sweet spot for PR3 set prices.

cablebandit said:
If you can't afford the tires...don't buy the bike.

I think MikeERideWNC made a nice offer.  There is a difference between not being able to buy tires and trying to get the best possible deal. 

PR3's are $305.00 delivered from Competion Accessories. For $20-$25.00 extra, there's no comparison between 2's & 3's. Just my 2 cents!

Cliff  :beerchug:

MikeERideWNC said:
As for this ******* comment; If you can't afford the tires...don't buy the bike.
I ride 30,000 miles per year and have five bikes. I only ride in the mountains.
I would rather spend money on gas than tires.
I can't get 20K miles out of a set of tires like you do... I am not as good of a rider, I guess.

Whooptee doo.  Who said anything about getting 20k out of a set of tires.  I don't live in Iowa.  If I get 5k out of a tire I'm ecstatic.  I ride a little less per year, but I'm doing it all on one bike.  Changing tires every couple weeks is the norm.  If you wanted to spend money on gas rather than tires you should have bought a smaller bike.

The point being if you know you're going to use up tires you shop the sales and buy when they are cheap.  I've yet to pay over 300 for a set of PR3's

@cablebandit

Please provide a link to where you got a set of PR3 tires for a C14 for under or equal to $300, and I'll go buy a set. Thanks!

Good offer... but going through 3rd party to buy stuff is a hassle that it would take a lot of savings for most people to want to consider.  Technically speaking, the buyer is buying second hand stuff.  If there is ever a problem with the order or the merchandise, the buyer will need to go through the 3rd party.

Besides, tires go on sale periodically.  I bought my PR3s when Comp Acc had them for $289 shipped.  I got the local Cycle Gear store match their price.

Anyhow, you might still get some folks that can use your services.  Good luck.

JR said:
@cablebandit

Please provide a link to where you got a set of PR3 tires for a C14 for under or equal to $300, and I'll go buy a set. Thanks!

Last set was from Comp Accessories.  The best idea is to link your email to all the big tire houses and strike when the sale comes up....don't wait until you need them that day.

I don't even want to mention how much the last set was.  Granted they made an error but still.

Thanks will go to CA and get on mailing list. My last (and currently installed) set of PR3s came from Revzilla and I paid about $80 for the set after using Zilla Cash I'd accrued.

Man this is a RUFF group :-X

I'll take a 190/55 and 120/70 P3's please

It's the best deal I've come across 

Hey Mike dont piss these guys off they will eat you alive :rotflmao:
Just kidding its all good but I do want to ask CUDA what happened to his 20,000mi tires he was telling ME about :))
Take care Mike see ya round.
Al

If you know anything about the weather in Naples fl. it rains almost every day in the summer time , hence the P 3's, I wish they made them in a 200 don't ask me why I need a 200 so bad  :truce:
I'm going to order the two P3's AND order a 200/55 Commander 2 , not sure I'll even be able to get the 200 under my new hugger? I will spread it open and TRY.
The 200 is 26.30 tall and 8.66" wide the chart on the Michlin site says the 190/55 is 25.83 tall and 8" wide . Is that enough info for your inquiring minds :beerchug:

I was just giving this thread a BUMP ;D

Since this is an effort to sell products, specifically tires, I for the life of me do not know why the moderators have not moved it to the emporium yet.

And nothing against OP, but I wouldn't buy anything from someone who's COG# is "forum" (as opposed to member or industry member) until they have a lot of references.

I just bought two P3 's from him at the best deal that I have seen,
Oh wait I'm just a guest so it does not mater , GET A ____