• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire Thread: MT or MU/90/85 or 140/90 on the rear?

SteveJ

Anyone tried this? The load ranges, diameter, tire width, recommended rim width all seem to point toward it "will fit". My thinking is it should be a tire that will be more willing to transition into a corner. Sorry, not a fan of Avon tires, so the Storm is a no go.

I don't think you will be happy with the MT/MU, as it is more suited for smaller lod on a lighter bike (i.e KZ1ooo old machines, from the 70's) I'd opt for more advanced tire design than those...and I hate them on my KZ, just can't wear them out, and they don't hold the road worth poop.... jmho/ymmv

Thanks Rich, just exploring options. I hadn't thought about the old tech angle. Ya just never know when something a little goofy or off the wall can work well. Witness restricting air intakes for more power. Who'd a thunk it.

that's ok Steve, I hear ya.... besides, you guys down there don't have to turn as much, so them hard tar's will work fine.....
:))

MAN OF BLUES said:
that's ok Steve, I hear ya.... besides, you guys down there don't have to turn as much, so them hard tar's will work fine.....
:))
I dunno, just put a 110-80 PR3 on the front, I'm liking it. Got a MN jaunt coming up, so I replaced the rear Pilot GT with a fresh one. Bike is working purty good now. Now if only I could find a road with a curve in it...

Actually, there are some decent roads in mid Floriduh, just hafta know where they're at. (insert thumbs up smiley here) Personal tours offered.

Hey, just to really turn this thread on a different tangent, coming down to Birmingham for Vintage Week?