• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tires For Connie

mike_s

I've got an '87 Connie that I've had for 11 years and run only D205 tires. I like grip and the tire life (14-16K). I called my local tire guy and found out that the D205 has been discontinued in the 110/80-18 size for the front of my bike. I'm looking for opinions on the Avon AV55 front with an Avon AV46 rear. Any other radial recommendations? Mike

I replaced my Michelin Pilot GT (wing tires) with standard stock size Avon Roadriders from motorcycle-superstore.com and I love them. The price was right and they provided an install quote from the local dealer where I direct shipped them. AM26 Roadrider Rear Tire Color - --, Size - 110/80V-18 SKU# 163781 AM26 Roadrider Rear Tire Color - --, Size - 150/80V-16 SKU# 163703 They list the Front tire as a "rear" but when you go to Avon's website it is listed as "universal". It seems to work great

The only down side to the Avon storm/azaro combo that people post around here is the lack of rear tire life span. Some get some decent mileage. most dont. You might get close to that D205 mileage out of the Storm front, but most likely now out of the Azaro rear ( unless you are one of the rare few ). 2003 Concours, 55K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I have gotten better life out of my Avon combos than I did out of the Dunlop D205. Used to love Dunlops until I got my Connie, the factory original tires were garbage in less than 4k miles, and I got about 6500 out of the D205, I am currently at 15k on the front and 10k on the rear, getting ready to replace the rear (still a bit of tread left, but want good rubber for playing in the mountains at WRRR). I will say that it is getting harder to find rears for the Connie.

I switched to the Storm/Azaro combo for my '05 recently and love them. Don't have much for mileage so far, but I love the handling and ride as compared to the stock Dunlops.