• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

tires

redline

I know , might be getting old talking about tires but I like to get some input on what you all like. I have been using the road pilot or II and very happy with them, except maybe the milage. I was wondering if anyone used any of these tires and what you liked / disliked, handling, cornering, traction, milage.... Continental Road attack Metzeler Z6 RoadTec Dunlop Roadsmart Firelli Diablo Corsa III or Diablo Strada Extended milage Bridgestone Battlax BT 021 Thanks Ted Proud to be American! (since 2005) Lost and found in 1991 2008 C14 "Freebird"

I have been using the PR2 only so far and really like them. The cornering is great with them. I just ordered the Dunlop RoadSmart. Just to try them out. Have been getting about 12,000 miles from the PR2 and am expecting the same from the RoadSmart.

I've been using the Avon Azaro/Storm combo. Very sticky, handle wonderfully but they're wearing out quick. Wouldn't go back to the ME880s though unless I knew I was going to do many, many slab miles.

Anybody that tried to put ME880's on a C14 should have his/her scooter taken away for being ... Umm opps sorry my mistake. 2003 Concours, 47K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://mysite.verizon.net/slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
IMGP1036.jpg
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I do that all the time. How I use it 99% of the time. I still think anyone who puts ME880's on a C14 should ... 2003 Concours, 47K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://mysite.verizon.net/slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
IMGP1036.jpg
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I'm not kidding you but they put the avon storm on my c14 in denver. I rode from frisco, co to flagstaff and a couple days of riding at the rally, down to the wire. I loved the avons on the c10 but.. this bike is a tire eater. I've gotten a little better not peeling out of the driveway all the time but a lot of bad mountain roads etc doesn't help the cause. I hated the dunlops on my C10 but I'm curious what Rod will think once he gets his roadsmarts. I had left a message for the national organizers if they made any arrangements with local dealers but never heard back. do you guys know of any dealers / arrangements out at the rally? Ted Proud to be American! (since 2005) Lost and found in 1991 2008 C14 "Freebird"

I just replaced the OEM Tires on my C-14 with PR-2s and what a diference . I had 6000 Miles on the OEMs and the back Tire had some life left but the front was cupped and treadless . The OEM tires were the worst tires I have ever had on any of my bikes . :)

the ride on the OEMs wasn't bad, and they lasted 6k only. 5k of that was 2 up fully loaded with momma, but i was a bit let down by the PR2's, they feel great, stik well, are quiet, but i had severe weaar from the crowned Va roads on the left side of the tread only....very disconcerting and a total waste of a great tire after 8k miles...bummer....maybe some euro folks that ride the opposite side of the road might want my old carcasses, they have a full tread on the right sides..... I did put PR2's back on though, seeing as they were the logical choice.... for the money, I may just try another set of the BT021's again, they are really cheap costing, and I don't care to much seeing as the cost and grip to get 6k makes it a better deal in my opinion, looking back in hindsight. At least they wore out evenly when they wore out.
2550418850015463693SQtyXF_th.jpg
2897924420015463693CnEofH_th.jpg
Rich Riczinger COG 5977 JUSTAMEMBAHNOW