• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Today I make the walk of shame...

slingblade

Mini Bike
My name is Brad Morgan and I am....a Connie dropper

Well, today the inevitable finally happened

I was tired and wore-out after riding all day. I was leaving a convenient store and thought my kickstand was still down...I attempted to lean over to plot a course on the GPS and down she went....

Nothing really damaged other than my pride

Once I got her upright (within seconds) I tried to start-up and get outta there asap but it WOULD NOT START !!!  :mad: What the hell - is this some kind of built in humiliation feature....daym.  After a minute or so it finally started.

So - where do i go to turn in my "man card" now?

That's funny Brad. It's gonna happen to me but so far I've been lucky . Not so with my son though. He decided he would move the bike for the " old man" and yep, you guessed it, down it went.  I got him a patch at the last rally.

Oh you can keep your man card, Brad.  We all drop them from time to time.  The key is that you mounted back up and kept riding.  I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew

You have to buy the patch from the COG store, and then you can have your CDA number embroidered on it when you receive it.

Slingblade said:
Once I got her upright (within seconds) ....

It's called the 5 second rule.  If you can get it back upright fast it never really happened.  :rotflmao:    :D

Welcome to the club.. and I, for one, am glad they only hand out one number (or I'd have several).