• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tony's Tour

CoachTony

This isn't a Club event, but I was hoping to get some input from all you California and Arizona riders. I am leaving from Tucson on Saturday morning heading to Lake Elisinore. Sunday I will be riding to San Luis Obispo to visit family. I will be taking at least one day to ride north of the Pacific Coast Highway, and the Central Coast. I know HWY 1 is closed north of Morro Bay, so I will likely loop through the hills there to Monterey.
I think I have my route figured out for day one. See attached picture.
I am looking for suggestions for the ride home. 58 to Bakersfield? Then what? I am looking for fairly timely routes, with some epic roads in between. I got some suggestions from riders at Springerville. Looking for more cool stuff I should hit on the way home.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Cali route.JPG
    Cali route.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 44
Tony, If weather permits you could go across (east) to Sonora and ride the Sonora Pass up to the 395 and then you have some options going south. Route 120 Yosemite, Mammoth Mountain, June Lake Loop, Big Pine and ride Highway 168 ( Bristle Cone Highway), Lone Pine ( Travel through Death Valley) etc... If you stay on the west side of the Sierras, You could go through KIngs Canyon and Sequoia National Parks and then head down to the Highway 58. I love that ride! Lots of choices as you see. Text me if you have some questions. Have a super trip!

Tony, If weather permits you could go across (east) to Sonora and ride the Sonora Pass up to the 395 and then you have some options going south. Route 120 Yosemite, Mammoth Mountain, June Lake Loop, Big Pine and ride Highway 168 ( Bristle Cone Highway), Lone Pine ( Travel through Death Valley) etc... If you stay on the west side of the Sierras, You could go through KIngs Canyon and Sequoia National Parks and then head down to the Highway 58. I love that ride! Lots of choices as you see. Text me if you have some questions. Have a super trip!
Thank you! I will check out some of those options. I do know that Death Valley is completely closed. Hurricane Hillary wiped out the roads that weren't wiped out in last years heavy rain. I think Yosemite is quite far north, and would add a day. I will do some looking.

Yosemite is tempting. Would make it around 17 hours. If I left SLO a day early, and spent one more night in a hotel, I could squeeze it in. Not sure how my butt feels about it. :cool:

Yosemite, Mammoth, Big Pine, Kingman, Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, Cottonwood, Payson, Globe, Home. About 20 Hours and just over 1100 Miles.
That would be an epic ride!