• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Took a little ride this weekend up to Suches

roy826

Moped
Left after work friday at 3:45 PM CST from Ms. Arrived in TWOoS parking lot at 11:30 PM EST. That was 478 miles, Had as high as a 72 mph moving average before hitting the North part of GA 400 with the never ending work zone that had me get radar checked no less than 3 times by local PD with nothing else to do on a friday night near midnight. ::) Ended up with a solid 70 mph overall average though. Fog was terrible going up the mountain side on 60. 1st and 2nd gear at times, helmet visor open and windscreen down following the double yellow line best I could.

Set camp once there, few drinkers on the porch was about it stirring around. Got up saturday and rode 310 miles all the usual roads plus a few new ones out near Cesars Head SC. Sunday same thing, 300 more miles of curve nirvana. Monday loaded up took the long way back to MS up through N GA into N AL to interstate 59 where it was welcome back to the heat of the south. :mad: Was home back in MS by 4 pm CST. Covered 1600 miles on the ride. Concours never missed a beat. I hate the brakes on this bike though. The linked BS is terrible and ruins a really good motorcycle to me. I will be de-linking mine sooner than I originally thought. I just cannot risk getting killed on this thing due to a shitty braking system. The shuddering, the pulsing, the braking on ends I don't need it to be doing, unpredictable lever feel, it's all bad for me and I love braking on a motorcycle but not on this one.

Few pics I took, I don't take much time if any out on the rides to mess with picture taking as you can see.

Stopped to change that tinted helmet visor late friday  :)

Home for a couple of nights

Porch relaxing after a days ride

Can't wait to do it again in Sept. up to the Rally there. Hopefully I have the brakes fixed by then.

Good place to hang. You were within 60 miles of the Beat The Heat Rally. You should've come on up! Maybe next year. See you at the 'wolf.
Ron

ron203 said:
Good place to hang. You were within 60 miles of the Beat The Heat Rally. You should've come on up! Maybe next year. See you at the 'wolf.
Ron

Really, I guess I need to pay attention more.  ;D