• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Took Delivery last week!

yojohnnieg

Tricycle
I had the bike delivered last week  ( bad weather  ) the next day i got on her and at first i said to myself this bike not for me.... After a few times around the block and a trip to the gas station its starting to fit my 6ft 260lb body... Its a world of difference from the HD shifting is incredibly smooth and quite it rides like a caddy (compared to my HD) .. It is much more complex than the HD with abs-ktrac etc the little owners manual has been helpfull.. I ask the dealer are  you sure its the correct manual at first i thought it was the manual for my quad also a Kawasaki.. they must use the same book for all models with a diffrent cover 12k and one little crappy book  lol ... but hey i didn't buy the bike for the owner's manual!
Anyway i did install the murphs extenders and a targa tank protector... The riding position seems much more comfortable with the extenders.. I understand its important to follow the break in schedule to the max.. And the 600 mile service is just as important.. I must say its really nice to have a bike out of the box ready without having to dump a few grand into it before it leaves the dealer ready to roll... 130 for the risers and tank protector not bad...So I'm looking forward to some nice days and long rides with my new C14....And as promised i just upgraded my membership the info that i have found on here has really been priceless 37$ is a small price to pay and hey you all seem like really nice people.
Thank You All!!

Welcome to COG forum and the world of the connie.  We look forward to when you are a dues paying member and your COG # will automatically & prominently displayed under your avatar instead of the word "forum."

As the other poster said... come on out to some events.  You may need to leave LI and head north or west a bit.  Check the COG calendar of events.  The Spring Fling rally is always a blast. Also, there is a lunch meet & greet in Newburgh, NY tomorrow. Some may ride, but I suspect some will be driving.

Welcome johnnieg,

As Steve has said, were having a meet & greet in Newburgh tomorrow, Fell free to come on up and join in!