• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Topic Replies with mobile units

Tom NWGA

I'm going strange places on my Android phone when I click the email link to see what a fellow COGger has posted.  For example, charlie gary's post to 'Tools' - the link sends me to the forum registration page as though I wanted to access something off limits to my membership.  No problem accessing the post on the desktop, though.
For example #2: topic reply to 'Wrenching Session: Advance notice' by BBerry - the android link sent me to the topic but I could not see BBerry's post.  And cannot see it on desktop version, either.

Hope this information helps clear up a gremlin or two in the website.  For the record, I go to strange places enough on my own and usually don't need additional assistance...  ;)

In this case I think this area for Website is referring to the www.cog-online.org web site for COG member services and not the forum.  I assume you are talking about threads in the forum not reading correct on your phone.

PS:  IT is out of town for a few weeks.  We may not have much to offer you till he gets back.  I know I know nothing of Android.

PSS: Can you send links to the offending posts please. 

The post by Charlie is in the Humor Mill which does require you to log in.  I had the same result on my phone.

The other link opened fine but I see no BBerry post in the thread with either the desktop or the phone.  Not sure about this one.

Ok. Same results I had.  Thank you for verifying that I was not crazy (entirely). Did not have to register into Humor Mill from desktop, but I can understand why registration might be a good thing.