• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tour B.C. - final countdown

cogdave

After posting some route options and soliciting feedback, I have settled on a great little track for the first TBC.  After a few tweaks, I have decided to run route #1 which runs Chase – Merritt – Princeton – Penticton - Chase. Not evident in that general format is the fact that the route includes 6 Destination Highways and three great little gems I discovered that even the Destination Highways guys missed. I guarantee that it will be a blast. There is something for everyone in this route including, if the group wants to, an early lunch break and a stroll back in history at the Quilchena Hotel on Nicola Lake.
    The entire route is 568 km./340 miles.
    The fun starts just 10 miles up the road from home base with Duck Range Rd. and doesn’t let up until after the last grins on Chase-Falkland Rd. which dumps us back out on TC1 just three miles from Chase base, beer and barbecue.

Currently, there are 5 official registrations on website. There are a few folks who have indicated a “maybe”. Do I need to get a second barbecue? Probably. Hopefully I can get some more clarification on numbers as we get closer. There is no cost for this ride so all you need to bring is food and drink of choice and a sleeping mat and bedroll.  I have repurposed the back shed into “The Bunkhouse” so likely, unless the numbers exceed a dozen of so, you won’t even need to bring a tent.
    For those considering coming from outside the region (you know who you are), yes, it’s a long way to go for just a one day ride. Make it worthwhile. Bring a bathing suit and sunscreen. We’ll hang out on the lake in the boat. Be beach bums for a couple of days. Just throwin’ it out there <g>.

For those registered who are GPS equipped, I can send you a more specific route plan so you can enter it before leaving home. Call me if that would be useful.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Dave.

Oops!! Sorry. I posted this to the wrong region. Should be Northwest. Sheesh!!! Not that you're not more than welcome of course but you're prob'ly scratchin' yer heads wonderin' what the hell this is all aboot. LOL. Hye, who knows? Maybe some of you might make the trek.
Dave Owen
B.C. AAD