• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

TPMS Sensor

tjnoma99

Mini Bike
I bought a 13 about a month ago. The rear pressure has never shown, i figured the battery died in the sensor. Turns out the sensor isnt even installed. Can i buy a used one or do i have to get new?

Tjnoma99 said:
I bought a 13 about a month ago. The rear pressure has never shown, i figured the battery died in the sensor. Turns out the sensor isnt even installed. Can i buy a used one or do i have to get new?

Curiosity on my part (i.e., not knowing), so if the sensor is missing then your screen is blank in the area where it would typically report the psi, yes? Wondering if this is the case vs some error msg popping up too. Thx.

Thats exactly what happens. I just have a blank space where the rear psi number should be. I found a used sensor on eBay. Its the old style ( like my front sensor). It has all the info still on the sensor. Will it work?

Maybe, but only if it is the correct frequency, has a good battery within and is registered to your bike's ECU with KDS3.

Freddy said:
Maybe, but only if it is the correct frequency, has a good battery within and is registered to your bike's ECU with KDS3.

How do i find out the correct frequency for my bike?

Gscott said:
Look at putting a new battery in not that hard to do, lots of write ups on doing this.

Ive been looking at the write ups for days now just to get ready!

Tjnoma99 said:
Thats exactly what happens. I just have a blank space where the rear psi number should be. I found a used sensor on eBay. Its the old style ( like my front sensor). It has all the info still on the sensor. Will it work?

thanks. just curious what I may or may not see when sensor fails on my bike.

Road Runner said:
thanks. just curious what I may or may not see when sensor fails on my bike.

You will get the low battery warning initially then when it's close to dead flat or removed you will get -- -- on the screen where the number should be. 

Awesome! Mine is a US bike. The one on ebay is  315. Its also off an 07, so changing the battery is easier.

The TPMS is made by LDL France.  They make a genuine right angle valve stem to suit but Kaw never made them available as a stock part.  However they were fitted to GoldWings the Honda p/n is 42755-MCA-R31 for the rt angle stem - I have em on my bike. Do yourself a favour and get a pair.

Would those sensors in that kit link up with the kawasaki system? If they are the same manufacturer, id bet they would!?

I believe so.  Although I have not had one of those sensors in my hand, they should have the required data on an attached label just like the one you saw on ebay.  Murph will know. 

The kit is a such a good price.  I'd buy one but my bike uses 434MHz. 

But, Jose Soriano, in the first paragraph of his install, says:  "The main control unit is powered
by a single replaceable lithium battery that should last (according to the manual) two years.
The wheel sensors are powered by a non replaceable battery that should last five years. "

Are these wheel sensor batteries "non-replaceable" in the same way that early model C-14 wheel sensor batteries are?

Freddy said:
The TPMS is made by LDL France.  They make a genuine right angle valve stem to suit but Kaw never made them available as a stock part.  However they were fitted to GoldWings the Honda p/n is 42755-MCA-R31 for the rt angle stem - I have em on my bike. Do yourself a favour and get a pair.
Freddy --

JUST that part number required? Anything else?

Do these "screw" right into the OEM KAWI TPMS monitors?  Does the tire / TPMS monitor need to be removed from the rim to install these??

This is a fantastic find, and I really appreciate you posting it.  have been wanting these since I bought the bike 4 years ago!

gr

AmphibSailor said:
They are available on Amazon and YES, they directly replace the straight stems.

Partzilla appears to be cheaper than Amazon currently, but it's unclear if these are sold EACH, and TWO need to be ordered for both front and rear???

Also - are these compatible with both the OLD and NEW style TPMS Monitors from Kawi??

Thanks guys.

gr

They fit the early type sensor only but the tyre has to be removed to do so.  That Honda p/n will get you 1 rt angle valve stem to suit, nothing else required other than care when r&r the tyre so the sensor within is not damaged in the process.

Thanks Freddy.

$12.71 ea. on partzilla + min. shipping fee of $10, currently.

Are we SURE they don't fit the new style TPMS monitors??

I have one going dead, and was planning on getting a warranty replacement next month when the bike goes in for a valve adjustment.

I'd REALLY like to have these on the wheels.  :??:

gr