• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Track Day - Barber Motorsports

wipfel

Road Bike
Not sure where this should go, so please move if necessary.

Signed up for my first track day at Barber Little Talledega with STT on 6/28.  Any other coggers going to be there?

As long a they have spots in your skill level, you can do one or both from what I understand.  It looks like you pay for them separately.

Last year I went with some buddies from Xact for $300 for 2 days! Any special pricing for 2 days? I run expert group so I can always wait til the last minute to sign up.....

Wesley,

Barber is a highly technical track. If you want to get the most out of your track day there you really should start with a basic track like Jennings or FIRM. These are short tracks that even us experienced guys find amazing fun. Then, after you get some basic concepts under your belt you'll be able to appreciate why Barber is so great. Any doubts talk to Mike Dionne, he'll clue you in. Or you could call me one evening if you wanna talk track. I do have some days coming up at flat short courses.....

Thanks for the offer.  I just realized I didn't update the original post.  The track day on 6/28 is actually going to be at Little Talledega, so that is probably a better choice anyway.  I wanted to go to Barber, but the dates wouldn't work.