• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Track Days: Jennings March 22-23

Douglasjre

Have you ever wanted to improve your riding skills in a safe controlled environment?

The track has:
no tree
no cars
no telephone poles
no cops
no potholes
no debris

The track does have:
the ability to learn how to handle a bike better
rider coaches
long runoff areas
amazing traction not available elsewhere
nightly campfires
free trackside camping
Indoors bathrooms and showers
electricity
endless fun

And you don't have to have a race bike to do this. You can have a street bike. I will help you put tape over your glass/lenses/lights. You unplug the fuses to your lights, and remove your plate. Ziptie your rear pegs. Ignore the website  where it says you have to safety wire your bike and drain your antifreeze. Just make sure your bikes doesn't leak. Anybody interested should have tires that are less than 25% worn and under 1 year old. We're only gonna wear down the sides anyway  :great:

Mike Dionne did his first track day on a C10 BACKWARDS. Yes, it was backwards day at Jennings. But these days are forwards  :)

I want to camp at the track Saturday night, then ride Sunday the 23rd. You have to sign up here: www.jenningsgp.com

You can do the whole weekend for a discount, but I can do just Sunday. Who's in?

Cost:
1day $130.00
Please pay thru JenningsGP

Cost of event: $130
Cost of gas $3.31/gal
Memories of riding on a real racetrack as fast as you want: Priceless!

Disclaimer: I'm not an organizer sponsor a teacher coach or anything else except the person spreading the word. Motorcycling is inherently dangerous you may get hurt or die. Crossing the street may result in death. Eat food at your own risk. I didn't make you do it. Always look both ways before crossing the road lol

Edited to show price correction

Update: I'm going to arrive Saturday night and ride Sunday. Call it Sunday Service for my soul  :motonoises:

What is the discount price and how many has to sign up to get it? I've ridden Jennings once on my C14. The price for the track is less on Monday, many can't get off on Monday :'(. I do have an interest. Please update the post :motonoises:

When you say that Mike did it on his C10 backwards do you mean he was sitting on his bike facing the rear? ???  I don't think I can do that, my arms aren't long enough to reach the handlebars. :D

douglasjre said:
The C14 is a perfect bike for this track! how long since you been there?
April will be two years since I was there, I had a FZ1 and my C14 with me. I felt better on the C14 and think my times were better on the C14 :great:

The same thing happened with Mike. When I put him on my track bike he went a hair slower.

But on his C10: We took the rubber bumper out so the center stand lifted up higher and Mike still ground down the foot pad on top with asphalt!  :-\

Donny is a cool guy. I remember him from Daytona a couple years ago. Real nice guy. He rented the track for the weekend and he's parting out time to us. I wanna pit right next to him. He would be a good guy to hang out with an learn from.

What's holding you back from committing right now? Not enough rubber on the sides of your tires?  :motonoises:

douglasjre said:
The same thing happened with Mike. When I put him on my track bike he went a hair slower.

But on his C10: We took the rubber bumper out so the center stand lifted up higher and Mike still ground down the foot pad on top with asphalt!  :-\

Donny is a cool guy. I remember him from Daytona a couple years ago. Real nice guy. He rented the track for the weekend and he's parting out time to us. I wanna pit right next to him. He would be a good guy to hang out with an learn from.

What's holding you back from committing right now? Not enough rubber on the sides of your tires? 

:motonoises:
Still contemplating, got almost new tires and was saving them for an April(one week) trip to the NC and TN mountains. Last year I wore out the front tire and had to buy one in Tn and the cost was almost unbearable. Know one day at Jennings will remove considerable rubber. Sure is tempting.

Would it make a difference if I told you the racetrack only takes rubber off the sides of your tires? It leaves the middle unscathed.

douglasjre said:
Would it make a difference if I told you the racetrack only takes rubber off the sides of your tires? It leaves the middle unscathed.
The middle is of little concern, need the side rubber for the mountain twisties.
I meet and ride with a group that calls itself WOTF WIDE OPEN THROTTLE FEST :-\ so I need all the rubber on the sides. Gonna decline for now, would like to make a track day in the future. :great: