• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trunk bracket search

aaron.c.patterson19944528

Free Limited Trial
Free Limited Trial
Hey all! New to the forum. Buddy gave me a 2006 concours ZG1000 for a Christmas gift and I'm kinda puzzled on locating a bracket for the trunk. It currently has the metal and plastic plating but the actual brack that bolts on the back is missing and I cannot find one online. Any help would be wonderful 😊

Hey all! New to the forum. Buddy gave me a 2006 concours ZG1000 for a Christmas gift and I'm kinda puzzled on locating a bracket for the trunk. It currently has the metal and plastic plating but the actual brack that bolts on the back is missing and I cannot find one online. Any help would be wonderful 😊

Welcome Aaron,

they’re kinda getting kinda scarce.
what kind of trunk do you have?

Bob

Aaron how about some pics on what u have. And what ur looking for. Knowing whose trunk u have helps immensely. GIVI, SHAD... harbor freight?

Here is a set of brackets, I think possibly from Murph back in the day? They're Z-shaped and provide four slotted holes spaced up and out off the factory bolts under the tail cover. They're designed to give you a place to bolt a "universal" top box baseplate onto. Someone else may have a pic of these installed.1000003732.jpg1000003733.jpg

They honestly wouldn't be too hard to fab from scratch.

Here is a set of brackets, I think possibly from Murph back in the day? They're Z-shaped and provide four slotted holes spaced up and out off the factory bolts under the tail cover. They're designed to give you a place to bolt a "universal" top box baseplate onto. Someone else may have a pic of these installed.View attachment 37582View attachment 37583

They honestly wouldn't be too hard to fab from scratch.

Have not seen those before but before I found my factory rack I used a black plastic cutting board mounted with longer bolts where the tiny rack is under the tail . Worked well .