• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trunk

caeman

Moped
My first purchase for the Big Red Beast:
01.jpg
It is the Emgo Portable Trunk from NewEnough, complete with Connie install instructions. And with a discount. Once the Ninja sells, I am going to buy some tip-over bars. : 36k miles 2007 Ninja 250: 15k miles

Nice Chad,,how big is that one?? CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Oh, sorry, I had assumed every biker knew about NewEnough.com. $59 before a 10% coupon, which took care of shipping. I shop often at NewEnough. Excellent service, quick shipping, good folks overall so I like to give them my business when I can. : 36k miles 2007 Ninja 250: 15k miles

+1 on New Enough. I see many farkles in your future. :) '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

Been using this trunk on both the Connie and KLR since about 2000? Got mine from JCW, same brand. Very pleased with it and holds a full face helmet plus a light jacket/ gloves.... Dan P COG 2877

I am not too much into farkling. I do want some functional enhancements for a bike, like luggage. The tip-over bars will definitely be an insurance policy. That will be pretty much it unless I want to upgrade the horn to something much bigger and louder. Is it wrong to want to scare the bejeezus out of cars near you with your horn? :eg: : 36k miles 2007 Ninja 250: 15k miles

I have the same trunk on my C14. Put it on a few weeks ago. So far so good. So much more convenient for storing the things that I need access to on a regular basis than the side bags are. I read a post that suggests adding some extra bolts to attach the box directly to the mounting plate as insurance to prevent it from coming off. I haven't done it, I like the option of having it as a removable top case. Oh, and the louder the horn the better!!

I haven't installed it, yet. Until the weather gets consistently warm, I tend to work on in-house projects more often. That, and I don't actually NEED the trunk right now. : 37k miles 2007 Ninja 250: 15k miles

Okay, I give. How do you mount this to a C10? I finally got around to working on the bike today. The new Murph's Gel Grips are installed (that was a royal PITA) and now I am trying to tackle the top case. I just don't get it. Anyone else installed this case on a C10? The instructions at New Enough are for a C14 and don't work for a C10. : 38k miles

I am assuming this trunk has the quick coupling mount. If it does and you have the Kaw rear luggage rack you can drill 4 or 6 holes and mount directly to the rack. Works great. I have been using mine for years. I added a back rest pad for passenger.

I seem to remember a thread on the old forum about a lot of jcw bags just falling of while riding. Is this the same bag???

My plan is thus...to buy a small cutting board from the cooking section at Meijer and mod that into the plate the Emgo base plate will be attached. I will be replacing the Connie plate assembly with the cutting board, re-using the screws currently in use. I report the results later. : 38k miles

I seem to remember a thread on the old forum about a lot of jcw bags just falling of while riding. Is this the same bag??? I also had this trunk, and bought from JCW. I had this trunk on my Concours, mounted to a Ronnie Lyons rack for about a year. I liked it and never had any problems with it. I also had the other style (Givi Knock off) JCW trunk on my DR, and I was one of the ones that posted about the junk latch on that trunk that broke while riding, and I almost lost the trunk @ 50mph. I've had both, and I thought this one was better built, than the other. I have a Givi now, and there is no comparison. If you plan to carry valuable items in your top case, remember, you get what you pay for. I almost learned that lesson the hard way.

I picked up a red cutting board and will be modding that as the new base plate for the Emgo mounting plate to be attached. : 38k miles