• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Two Brothers Exhaust opinions??

I know it's bad but I can't help myself. I haven't even brought my new ride home from my dealer yet and already I want to buy a new exhaust. Here is my question. Has anybody heard or is anybody running the following setup: Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. Slip-On Exhaust System M-5 Large Oval Carbon Fiber I LOVE the look of that exhaust and the much smaller missle silo on the back! However, I DON't want to have a noisy bike that will draw any unwanted attention. Also, can I add this type of exhaust system without modifying the tune? Not that interested in performance gains, just a nice sound from a more tidy exhaust and a reduction in weight. (lighter is righter!) Any input would be greatly appreciated regarding this system. Trying to get an idea of what changes it will make in the sound level from stock. Thanks!

From what I've read elsewhere, you are NOT required to make any modifications to the bike. The sound generated by 2Bros is not as bad as some of the racing ones the squids are running. I too am considering the 2Bros slip on, in carbon for me. Just my $.02 worth.

Hey guys, I just purchased my 2009 C14 and I'm loving it! My question is do you know or have you heard of anyone changing the C14 stock exhaust (4 to 1) to a 2 to 2 exhaust simialr to the ZX-14? Does this setup add any performance benefits and/or negative benefits? Thanks in advance. Roland Houston, TXTextText

Prolly not worth the outlay if it's all about performance. But the grin factor is HUGE. Nice mellow kick-ass sound. Then you get on it - and all hell breaks loose! Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 Editor, The Concourier E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Check this out: http://fuelmotousa.com/2008_kawasaki_zg1400_concours.htm They are claiming 24HP increase with the 4-2-1 exhaust, secondary flys removed and a power commander... Aaron

Yeah thanks, I saw that on Friday on a different C14 forum. I still would like to have a dual exhaust setup with PCV and filter. Wonder what kind of performance this setup would give.

I put the two brothers carbon on my 2009. Went together in about 15 minutes. Only difficulty was getting the new pipe to slip onto the existing. Had to take the new muffler off, coat the pipe tubes with dishwashing detergent and use a rubber mallet to drive the pipe all the way onto the existing. Then it clamped right up. The sound is deeper, and much more gutteral. It is louder, much louder in hard deacceleration with a bit of detonation popping. Overall, I am extremely happy. Bike runs great,........although I am considering getting a K&N and a PowerCommander (Don't know why, bike is already fast and all it will do is lower milage).

I have this exact setup and I will say its pretty awesome. The sound is deep, gutteral, not excessively loud, the look is clean, elegant. Way back when I got mine, Two Bros. had two versions of mid pipes. One designed for the original header diameter (which Kawi changed) and one for the change. Of course I got the original from 2bros which was too small in diameter and had to have the newer version sent out. Most folks don't even know there was a change midstream on the 2008 version.

On my way to Southern California last Wednesday. I stopped at a rest stop on I-5 and chatted with a C14 owner from Portland. He had the 4-2-1 exhaust, Powercommander and Area P exhaust. He claimed the increase in HP and torque. He fired it up and wow, did it sound nice! Not loud, but deep and beautiful.

i have an 09 with the two brothers carbon and pcv.runs great and sound is super, only problem is a stumble right off idle,probably have to have a custom map on the local dyno..

I just ordered the Area P slip on exhaust, Power Commander V and BMC filter for the 08 1400. I can't wait to get it all in and see what she does. I will video tape it so you all can hear it. They say 150 HP after mods. Warren