• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Update/ & begging for OtP XVII 2019

connie_rider

Update;
  The "OtP" Voting is done and the Winner was Cliff Burnett.  {Rich Rinzinger was the Runner-up}
  The "OtP/USA" Team is working with the "OtP/Europe" Team and planning the ride... :motonoises:
    We determined that 1 person will be traveling this year.
    Dates for the trip have been determined..
    Cliff's Airline Ticket has been purchased for his trip!
    A loaner bike has been arranged. {A C-10 from Andree (I think)}  :great:
      The team is still begging Mother Kawasaki to see if they will come thru "again" with a new bike for the traveler to use.
    The entire "OtP" team has been passing on {lots of} information to Cliff about the trip.
      "We've got him as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs". <evil grin I>

If you have any questions about the planning, let us know.
        If anyone wants to add suggestions,, please post them. {Cliff will appreciate additional info}. <evil grin II>

Begging:
  We've done great collecting donations. Awaiting some funds to come in from the Quilt/etc sales.
  Other items will be offered for "OtP" sales/auctions too...
    THANK YOU to all that have helped!
  But, we're not quite there yet, and the donations have almost stopped.    :-\
  Please don't forget to send in donations to make this trip possible...
        "ANY" amount will help us reach our goal.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If any past Travelers have some unused/old/dirty/worn out "Euros" left over from their trip, send them to Cliff...

OMG!!!    :-\    I guess I am slipping.  :-[ :-[
It was posted about 10 times in earlier discussions and I completely forgot to post it with this discussion..

Sooo, you asked how to donate?
          I'll be more than happy to assist...…  >:D

If you are living somewhere in America (USA/Canada) just send your donation via PayPal to    OTP.USA@cox.net

And if you are living in Europe do similar. Send your donation via PayPal to    GTR1000@t-online.de

If you don‘t want or cannot use PayPal or if you live somewhere else in he world and want to donate,
just send a PM to me {or Mark Hartman/Old Man on a Connie, or Bernd Neumann/Birdhilltrekker}.
          I Guuuranteeee, the "OtP" team "will" help you to find a suitable solution.

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: We're still a bit short of our target.
              Everyone, please help make Cliff's trip happen!

Are we done with the auctions??  There has got to be some stuff that folks can donate to auction off in an effort to help OTP without digging in their wallets so much.  As far as I'm concerned, it can be almost anything.  Riding gear that you've "outgrown".  Spare parts or upgrades that you've bought but never installed.  There have been some cool things that members have made to sell to other members.  There was a helmet and jacket dohickey that many would love to have and recently there was someone making light mounts that hung beneath the mirrors for C14's.  No singling those guys out, just using them as an example.  There are folks with some machine shop equipment that could offer up services.  Have you got the best brownies in the whole world?  (Don't get too excited Rich!) ;D  Someone that is really good at C14 valve adjustments would be popular I bet!
Get creative folks.  It's not about what you get as much as it's what you give.  What you get is just a bonus.  Whatcha got? :)
BTW Ted made me do it! >:D ;D

Bud said:
Are we done with the auctions??  ....... Have you got the best brownies in the whole world?  (Don't get too excited Rich!) ;D  ........BTW Ted made me do it! >:D ;D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry, I was going to toss my Kaw rally banner into the auction, but when I got it unfolded, found it to have been ruined by "time/storage/ & a munching bunch of critters"...
I'll be going thru some parts boxes shortly, during my garage /purge/cleaning, and see what I can substitute and donate.

Sucks for sure!  I guess it's better than having that happen to a big stash of cash! :-\

Bud said:
Sucks for sure!  I guess it's better than having that happen to a big stash of cash! :-\

or a stash of gooooood brownies... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
meh... I have tape, and soapy water... It'll be ok for my garage use, but I couldn't see trying to auction it off like it is.

I hate dem' meeses to pieces....

(still cant figure how they got into my steel file cabinet... must have been in there since I moved... in 2011...) :-\ :-\ :-\