• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vance and Hines CS ONE?? Anyone??

ldsrider

Training Wheels
So, starting to do a little research on Exhaust.....I really like the looks and sound of the CS ONE but I can't find on here anything substantial about it. Any of you folks have any input on your favorites?

Anything on the CS ONE?

They had a group buy on them a while back. A lot of them came damaged. But other than that, I have heard nothing but positive about them. And guys that have them seem to like them!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The CS One is the best looking can on the market. It sounds fantastic too. Lemme see if I can provide all my links. I ran the group buy about a year and a half ago, we all paid right around $400 shipped. I still love my CS One.

Before (sorry go pro pic into the sun)
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

Better pic
csone.jpg

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msREM6lo9OY

Yeah, it's amazing how the can that looks the most like the OEM can, can also be one of if not the best looking aftermarket can!

Thanks for the replies guys.  (I think I saw your Youtube video on it as well).....

Helped me make up my mind..

RSM

I just placed my order today for V&H CS1. $449.00 with shipping at Motorcycle Superstore. I plan on installing it myself. Is there anything I should know about the installation. Thanks.

NJ-Joe said:
I just placed my order today for V&H CS1. $449.00 with shipping at Motorcycle Superstore. I plan on installing it myself. Is there anything I should know about the installation. Thanks.

$379 @ bikerperformance.com........

Scott said:
NJ-Joe said:

Ouch!  That has to hurt!  :mad:

Black adds $50 more, making it $429

http://www.bikerperformance.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=6402#

$429.00 Out of stock. $449.00 In stock. Bolted on and ridding next weekend. Priceless. I just couldn't resist.    :p

NJ-Joe said:
$429.00 Out of stock. $449.00 In stock. Bolted on and ridding next weekend. Priceless. I just couldn't resist.    :p

I agree. I thought the price gap was much wider. But for $20, I would have done the same thing! I don't want to have to wait for who knows how long, just to save a few dollars!

Scott, I put a Vance & Hines on my 2010 C14 and love it, shaved a bunch of weight, added power and sounds great. It was easy to install and looks awesome. I would recommend it.

Cap'n Bob said:
Scott said:
NJ-Joe said:

Ouch!  That has to hurt!  :mad:

NOthing worse than finding that price difference right after placing an order.  But apples to apples only being $20 difference, better just to get it and get it on the bike.

I just bought mine at the local dealer today for $450 in black.  Can't wait to put it on.  The pic on this side and the youtube videos convinced me.

I like the black also. Has anyone bought the insert that is supposed to quiet it some? I'd like to get some feedback on that item.

I recieved the following reply from Vance and Hines today after I sent them an email asking them if they could produce a quieter version of the CsOne:

Fred,
    At the moment there are no plans of making something quiet, but we do take customer’s request in to consideration.  I will forward this to our R&D department as a request and will keep you on our email list to inform you if we do come out with something.
--

Hector Montoya 

I'd encourage you to send them an email and let them know you are interested in a quieter slip on for the Concours.

(Replace -AT- with @ in the below email addresses)

tech-AT-vanceandhines.com
sales-AT-vanceandhines.com
info-AT-vanceandhines.com

let me see if i get this, the innerds need replacing regularly too ?? not sure if repacking is the correct term, but there is maintenance on replacement slipons ??
aside from removing the potato launcher, what gains are noticeable for the effort ?? i ride moderate to aggressive, but easier on the throttle.

thanks for the time,
Joel

there simply is no quiet slip on for the connie. you go from quiet to much louder. no body wants to build a larger can, slipon muffler that will divert flow to kill sound and still give an improved sound.