• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vancouver, B.C. (actually Abbotsford) M.C. show.

cogdave

Although still two months away (Jan 17-20Th), give this show some thought. It's at the Abbotsford Tradex Center and it's one of the largest m/c shows in Canada - I've been told it's better/larger than the Seattle show although not having been to the Seattle show, I can't tell you first hand. I know a couple of Washingtonians are planning on attending along with at least a couple of B.C. Coggers so if we can coordinate times, maybe we can meet for burgers n' beer somewhere. Either respond on line or better still drop me a note at cogdave@telus.net. If it's more than a day trip for you, the Best Western in Abbotsford is the place of choice and in years past, they have given a show special room discount.

Once it's a little closer to the date, I'll post and try to find a time to get together. It would appear that at least a couple or three coggers will be there. It would be good to connect. Nothing official ; just a free exchange of enhanced anecdotal factiods. ... over burgers.

The annual bike show at Abbotsfords Tradex Center rolls out January 17 until 20th. I will be there on Friday 18th and will be meeting with "Island"Bob and possibly a few others at the central food court around noon for lunch and lies. Anyone thinking to attend the show on Friday, give me a call if you want to connect. Email me direct at cogdave@telus.net. My cell phone # is 778 220 2212 if you decide at the last minute and find yourself just wandering around the show. If that doesn't work, call Cheryl's cell at 250 852 0445.
Hope to see some of you there. It's a great way to start the season and maybe find some deals too.

We will be traveling up Friday to see our many BC friends and will be at the show Saturday.
It's a much better show than Seattle.

I've heard that before about the Vancouver show vs. the Seattle show. The Friday show will likely be a lot less crowded so more quality time to spend interacting with venders. Saturday and Sunday can be a little hectic. If you happen to end up at the show Friday, you have my cell phone #. Either way, hope you enjoy the show.

There were two BC show threads. So I merged them into one thread for the convince of all involved. Have a good time at the show.

Bob

Carpool to the show from South Puget Sound?????
Leave -SAT-- make that possibly Fri or Sun? morn 8 AM from Puyallup area. Expecct to be 3 hr trip one way.
I usually like to ride but the wx hard to predict and one time the ride way back home in rain with the traffic wheelspray the worst on I-5!

Good idea, Dan. The weather can be really unpredictable. Even if it isn't freezing, road spray is a bitch to ride in. Rainey is planning on coming up but doesn't have internet. Give him a call.

Right now, Chase is getting snowed in. That wasn't part of the deal. I think I'm going to write a letter to the mayor and complain LOL.

Dave.

I'll be at the show both on Friday and Saturday.  Friday I will be in the BCCOM booth for a couple of hours.  Saturday I'll be there with my Canadian Army Veteran's riding club seeing the show.  If you see me, say hi!

Possibly Fri or Sun?
Can't do the trip Sat after all. Put up new calendar and after entering notes find I am commited to Sat here!

I have to make arrangements to get the day off from work, if I'm successful I'll try to stop by and say Hi to you Mainlanders! ;D

Good to hear. food court. noonish. My wife, Cheryl, will be with me. Hopefully Rosemary can join us too. Looking forward to it.

Just in case we don't connect for any reason, like we're both wandering around the Tradex at different booths, my cell phone # is 778 220 2212. Since I'm notoriously lax at monitoring my cell, Cheryl's cell is  250 852 0445. She actually ansewers hers. <g>

See you then,
Dave.

Wanted to bump...  Right now it all depends on the weather for me.  I can really only financially pull it off if I can ride, and while I have been riding through the worst of it here in Oregon, Washington has those lovely ruts in the road which I have never encountered on a bike, let alone when they have water in them (I am taking tips on how best to manage those). :104: On the bright side, starting to look like it might be semi-decent weather.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Brian,
the weather is pretty sketchy right now so , ya, I get it. I'm watching the Coquihalla summit(route from Kamloops to Hope) real close as the time get closer and the weather deteriorates. But then anything can happen in 9 days<g>.

Dan Paulsen floated an idea a few days ago of car pooling up. Haven't heard how that's going but it might be worth giving him a call. He's in Graham, Wa. so that would cut your bike commute down to half and get rid of the worst part. I'm betting that if you rode up the evening before, Dan could probably find you a piece of floor to throw down a bedroll, then roll out in the morning.

Hope you can make it. It's a great antidote for the winter bike blues.

Dave.

YUP!
Floor space and a garage space.
I can take three passengers in my car. (none yet)
Likely can pick up passenger(s) enroute FRIDAY.

Dan Paulsen floated an idea a few days ago of car pooling up. Haven't heard how that's going but it might be worth giving him a call. He's in Graham, Wa. so that would cut your bike commute down to half and get rid of the worst part. I'm betting that if you rode up the evening before, Dan could probably find you a piece of floor to throw down a bedroll, then roll out in the morning.

Hope you can make it. It's a great antidote for the winter bike blues.

Dave.
[/quote]

Conveniently enough Oregon has a furlough day that Friday, so I don't even have to try to get the day off, the Guv was kind enough to give it to me while under the impression it would save money...  :)  Dan, while I may not take you up on the offer to stay there, I might just take you up on the offer to ride up in the cage.  Refresh my memory, which town are you in?

Brian coming up to Puyallup Thurs, Fri morn I will drive us to Burlington to meet Idaho Bob about 9 am then on to the Abbotsford show location. Should easily get there before noon.

Looking forward to it. This will be a lot different from back in P.G. days when it was a full days drive down and 'nuther day back. Major road trip. Now all I have to concern me is the Coquihalla hump. Thanks for co-ordinating things, Dan. Not sure who else localk is joining us. Might be a couple more.
Dave.

It looks as though there are going to be a few folks coming up, over and down for the show. Place to meet for coffee is food court at noon. From scanning my emails it appears that there should be 10 or so folks meeting for exchange of social conventions and other sundry lies on Friday, then possibly another 3 or 4 on Saturday. These numbers could easily swell between now and the weekend.

At this point, Rick Streifel, Glenn Derkson, Dan Paulsen, Bob Rainey, Brian Hartman, Doug Smith, Ken Bergen, and Jeff Beecher will all be hanging around there on Friday along with myself and wife Cheryl. Hopefully we all make contact.
    Rick will be around again on Saturday and likely Dave Walters and Greg Sundstrom.
    If you want to make contact, you might want to swap cell phone numbers now. It’s a big show and easy to get lost in the crowd. In either case, Friday or Saturday, folks are planning an informal meet at the food court at noon. I haven’t heard yet of anybody planning on going Sunday.

I hope to hear tales of good times and good deals afterwards and hopefully some good pictures too.

See you Friday.

Dave Owen
B.C. AAD

Good stuff Dave! I've successfully managed to get the day off so I'll search for you and the others in the food court at noon. Looking forward to saying Hi! My cell is 250 858 9717. :great: