• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vegas Area

bopiii

Tricycle
Looking for other COG members in the Vegas are to put a ride together. Doesn’t seem to be to many of us out here in the desert. And if you are you know now is the time to ride before it gets to HOT!!!! Drove through Mohave Desert on I 15 in July coming back from Santa Barbara. It was 112 F. When we pulled into the Driveway my fiancé got off the bike and said that was awesome. I thought to myself, Yea she’s a keeper!!. Bottom line is we like to ride and meet good people. so if your interested reach out and say hello!

There are a total of 12 members in Nevada, and 2 of them live in Las Vegas.

i'm interested in doing a ride. Going to do a Colorado trip this summer. Last summer did southern Utah, Telluride, Ouray, Silverton, Durrango, Monument Valley, North Rim of the Grand Canyon and I'm wanting to do more Colorado.

I'm in the hendertucky section. Want to do a loop through Co this summer too. Pretty booked through march but would love to look at something around April/May. Day trips out to Oatman or something would be nice.

Wow great to hear from other COG members. I was begining to think I was alone out here. Colorado sounds great. My navigator and I took a trip to Napa via yosemite frisco, then down PCH to Santa Barbara. awesome trip. Maybe a spring trip through Co. Is the next big trip. FYI I'm in Henderson too just off 215 and eastern.

and I thought I was the only one in Henderson area. Old man, I can't do Sundays but Saturdays or Mondays I would be interested.

I may have to fly back east next weekend but if not yes. I'll let you know as soon as I find out about the trip. Bert

Cool. Keep us posted. Was gonna wash n wax on sat and get her dirty again on Sunday but I can swap the sequence. :motonoises:

Postrucks, Bopiii, I'll be at railroad pass between 8:30 and 9:00 on Sat. Hope to see you there. Gonna go pet the burro's in oatman. :)

Greetings from 22 degree and snowing Kentucky.... Great news is im visiting my little boy, and will be here till Wednesday next week. So I will not be taking a ride this weekend but if what I hear is true the following weekend has the annual Bed race?? Let’s plan on that. Bert

Enjoy your visit Bopiii. Good for you. I'll still be there on Sat postruck and we'll check on those bed races for you. I'll post up a ride report fer ya. :motonoises:

Keep me posted on your Colorado ride plans...if you would.  I might be able to meet you somewhere in this state...

Ride report. Postrucks, Good hooking up with you. Enjoyed the ride and swapping stories. We'll have to do more with the counterweights and bopiii when we can get him back in town. Out of the driveway at about 8a. Connie told me it was 30 deg. Felt like it too. Bank, Gas, 93/95/515 so to RR pass. Cup of coffee, met up with postrucks and on the road. Swapped out winter gloves for lightweights and flipped on the heated grips (as you age, you really appreciate the small things) Connie said low 50's. Across the new bridge and into AZ. Stopped at Rosies. They have the souvenir shop open and a lunch truck serving food. Hopefully they'll be rebuilt soon. Straight shot into Kingman AZ for essence of dino and onto Rt66. Up into Oatman AZ to pet the burros and see some southwest history. Walked the main street, Met lotsa folks. Connie said low 60's. Beauty day for a ride. Bed races next weekend, as well as toilet seat horseshoes. Must be a so west mining town thing. Down into the valley and across the Colorado river again, up through Laughlin into searchlight. Met an old member of the COG (Bert Luontela) and swapped stories. Then home. Around 230m RT. Nice ride and thanks again Jim.

Hey, just saw this thread and figured I'd raise my hand for the Las Vegas COG roll call.  Live in Pahrump, work in Vegas.

Alas, I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery, so I haven't been able to ride.  Hoping to be recovered by the time commuting season arrives (late March).

Ninjadad,

I always thought it would be cool to have a ride where So Cal folks could meet Vegas folks in Death Valley or someplace nearby on a day trip, maybe during wildflower season.  I've done Vegas-Lone Pine-Vegas in a day.

From Lancaster, how far into Death Valley and back could you get in a day?

You know, reasonable riding, not Iron Butt riding.  Enough daylight left to grill a steak and watch the sunset when you get home.

CM not really sure how far one could get because I've never been to death valley. New to Lancaster and COG. Maybe through or AD we can get something on the calendar.

Ninjadad,

The only reason I've been reluctant to start planning routes or anything at this point is because of my shoulder.  Had rotator cuff surgery 4 months ago and it still hurts.  If it's in the fall, I'm OK, but if it's in the spring, I'm iffy.

I feel you there, nothing like recovering from injuries. Had my battle back in 07, took me 4 months to et back :(
Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to that desert meet up.

I've signed on to be an AAD on this end just waiting on the official word and access the calendar so I can put something on the schedule. There seems to be a lot of intrest on this end so I'm sure we'll have the calendar populated before long. :)

CM and Ninjadad, Easy Peasy. Out of Lancaster to Ridgecrest through Red Mountain into the top end of DV. B A uty ride. Or 395 to lone pine and across the top. Or 15 north (slab) to baker and through Shoshone into Furnace Creak. Another B A uty but many more miles. It's a good idea. Death Valley is a great ride. Serious open vistas and history all in one. All of DV is a easy 2 day event.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and work with CaffeineMan. I just picked up a '12 Concours and am loving it!  :-* What a great ride!
My other bikes are a KLR-650 and a Road King. I love them all, but the Connie is in the lead right now.

I did the loop from Vegas to Pahrump to Indian Springs and back to Vegas to see how it would feel after a couple of hours of riding. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it is. Now I'm wanting to get some time to ride it in the twisties. On Monday I might take a ride out to Overton and back along the lake to get a feel for it in the curves. I'll bet it handles different than the RK...  ;)

I'm super busy between two jobs and my other hobbies, but I would like to get a few longer rides going with the Connie this spring/summer/fall.

Joanne

Hi Joanne. That run from Overton down the lake is nice but be careful of the federales. Speed limit is 50 and they're money hungry right now. They'll pull you for anything over 55. Congrats on your new scoot.

Welcome Joanne and congrats on your ride....your additional ride :))

Looking forward to riding with you and caffineman real soon. :)

Old Man on a Connie said:
Hi Joanne. That run from Overton down the lake is nice but be careful of the federales. Speed limit is 50 and they're money hungry right now. They'll pull you for anything over 55. Congrats on your new scoot.

Thanks for the welcome! I know that they are pretty strict out there. I've talked to some of the rangers and they told me that pretty much every week one or more riders crash out there. Part of their "crackdown" is trying to slow the bikes down. Of course it's such a fun ride it's impossible to keep the speed down. The only thing that surprises me is that there aren't more sports cars ripping up and down the road out there.

Joanne

Ninjadad said:
Welcome Joanne and congrats on your ride....your additional ride :))

Looking forward to riding with you and caffineman real soon. :)

Thanks ND! I'm sure we'll all get together and do some riding. We just have to get CaffeineMan all healed up. Those rotator cuffs are just so slow to heal. I know he's itching to get back out on the open road.

Joanne

Joanne said:
Thanks ND! I'm sure we'll all get together and do some riding. We just have to get CaffeineMan all healed up. Those rotator cuffs are just so slow to heal. I know he's itching to get back out on the open road.

Joanne

yes.  need to do some chinese dirtbike therapy this weekend.
;D

CaffeineMan said:
Joanne said:

Joanne
J
yes.  need to do some chinese dirtbike therapy this weekend.
;D

What's chinese. Dirt bike?

Just washed the 14 honey. What do you do with a girl after a spa day? You take her out and get her dirty again. Sat Feb 25. Thinkin Henderson over the hump to pahrump, around the horn to the village at Mt. Charleston and back. Weather guesser says it should be nice. Any takers? :motonoises:

Hey I'm still alive. Life has a way of taking over some times. What time are you thinking on Saturday?

HI all, Its nice to finally see some activity here in the SW area. I'm in Flagstaff and get out when the snow lets me. But the last couple of years seems like there hasn't been any COG rides planned around this part of the southwest. I'm definitely interested in meeting up also with others. I get out to Death Valley at least once a year. Its an awesome place to visit on a motorcycle. I'll be watching the calender for any news. Mark

bopiii said:
Hey I'm still alive. Life has a way of taking over some times. What time are you thinking on Saturday?
8 or 9 Bopiii. Tell me what your thinkin. Sparkie, Watch this thread for some Vegas area stuff.

Did Oatmen w/postrucks when you were OOT. With it being over 70 in the valley on Sat. thought it would be a good time to take advantage of some mountain. If you think over the hump to Pahrump is a little far can just do Mt. Charleston with lunch at the inn. Whadduhyah think? Top of Death Valley? :)

Howzabout the corner of Blue diamond and dean martin at the T/A stop? We'll be there between 8 and 9. Good? Cuppa coffee and final gas? :motonoises:

Bopiii, Great ride today. Weather couldn't be better. We both (three) got to see some roads we never have before. Can't wait to meet your better half. Postrucks, Missed ya. We need to get this vegas area a rockin'. Everyone look at your calenders. I'll start a seperate thread. How about a Death Valley ride sometime in March, April? I'll check maps if anyones up. Also the Norwest buncooler. Thanks again for the ride and lunch. I have that intercom we talked about to if you want. :)

Wow. it was a pleasure to meet you and you guys today. I can't believe how fast the time went by. And what beautiful weather we had, couldn't ask for a better day. Cant wait for the next adventure. Talk to you soon.

Ninjadad said:
What's chinese. Dirt bike?

Yes, a Maxfine 150.  Only thing I can ride right now, so I'm calling it physical therapy for my shoulder.

Good to see the Vegas people active, even if I can't join in yet...

Afternoon,

I have been transplanted by the Air Force here to Vegas out of Spokane, WA.  Would like to catch up with everyone and enjoy the roads.  Will check back in shortly.

Newbie here...  You probably can tell by my post count...:)-).

I've had my Connie now for about three months.

I'm heading down to Phoenix to watch the Southwest Police Rodeo, this weekend.

Want to watch the C 14's kick butt...

Anyone else from here going?

John

John,

Welcome.  Would be a great trip but have plans on tearing into my final drive to stop a leak this coming weekend.  Look fwd to hearing about the Rodeo when we meet.

Safe travels Fella!