• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Virtual Meet & Greet

LSGiant

Do to the strange times.  Is there interest in the South Central in having an on line Meet & Greet ?

I would host this on the "Zoom" platform.  You would be required to have a working computer with camera, mike, & speakers.  Estimates are that it will use about 1 gig an hour of data.  I would not expect it to go more than a couple of hours.  I would like to limit it to South Central people.

Looking for feedback right now.

Jeff K

I'm not in the SC section but read up on Zoom as some have experienced live hacks into the conversation. I think they had mentioned to set it up as a host. Not that you guys would do it but do not share personnel/critical information or attachments. Do some research before setting it up.
We were/are thinking about doing a weekly Friday night social hour with friends and family through some video sharing program. If I do get more info I will share on this post or start a new post.
Stay healthy and be well all.

Bob

Yes I am well aware. We well take the proper precautions. It is very easy to keep it safe with a little precaution.

Thanks

Sounds intriguing, but I have no idea what zoom is. I do have a computer, but none of the other required stuff.  :??:

So I guess that automatically kicks me out!

Thanks for your efforts to pull everyone together though.  :bravo_2:

Hi Jeff, can you share the safe setup? Or is it self explanatory at time of setup?
I saw this issue on the news this morning and they commented that Zoom was working on these security issues. The story was about a teacher that was teaching a class and a hacker got in and talked to the class saying the teachers full name and address. At least the hacker didn't say/show anything explicit.

Thanks Daboo.

Will not need to worry if there is not interest. BTW that will not surprise me as this is a hands on club and that is a good thing just a little challenging right now.

No I would not be interested. It would be like "READING ABOUT ICE CREAM" instead of eating it.

I'll save my memories until it can be done in person at an event or random ride.

I do enough of this now working remotely!

Our family has been doing it, and it's better than no contact .

You asked Jeff......I answered.

Craig

Thank you for the reply no offense taken.  I look forward to seeing everyone face to face also.

Bob_C_CT said:
Hi Jeff, can you share the safe setup? Or is it self explanatory at time of setup?
I saw this issue on the news this morning and they commented that Zoom was working on these security issues. The story was about a teacher that was teaching a class and a hacker got in and talked to the class saying the teachers full name and address. At least the hacker didn't say/show anything explicit.

Bob - the safe setup is more for the host to implement and best practices to use for a large group. Set up specific meeting URL, and do not use the PMI. Know who attendees will be, and use the Waiting Room to verify attendees before admitting into the conference.

Jeff - I would be game.

Hate to be negative, but I'm not very interested.

The idea of looking at a screen {with 20 people trying to talk} sound's more like a headache than relaxation.
Plus: I'm computer illiterate.

I would be more interested in a limited discussion {with a topic} between a few people..

Ride safe, Ted