• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Volcano Ride 2023

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
With the landslide on 504, this year's ride will be different from any other. We won't be able to get all the way to Johnston Ridge, but we can ride the curvy roads up to the closure point and then back down. We'll sort out the path after that while eating breakfast in Vader. It will be a lesson in how to have fun with a Butler map and a GPS that can create intentionally curvy paths from Point A to Point B. I am definitely open to suggestions on how to spend the day out riding.

Since I can't go, I think ya should go back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, etc, etc, etc..

Glad I kud help.

Ride safe, Ted
giphy.gif

I don't see a problem. In fact, it might make the ride better.

1689733745079.png

You'll get as far as the Coldwater Lake viewpoint. The view from there is actually decent, if I remember right. Plus, you may get less traffic since everyone will think you can't see anything. Sometimes the closer you are, the less you can see.

This looks like a good view.

1689734278578.png

Chris

Attachments

• 1689734129850.png
    1689734129850.png
    878.3 KB · Views: 58
Since I can't go, I think ya should go back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, etc, etc, etc..

Glad I kud help.

Ride safe, Ted
I wonder how many "laps" we could run before someone from Washington State Patrol want to stop and have a chat with us about our enthusiasm, and maybe event document our performance for us so we could have written proof to show our friends when they said we were just telling fish stories. :unsure:

I've got a couple of route options for the start of the day. First option is to ride for a little over two hours plus whatever downtime we add for stopping here and there, and then stop for lunch at the Mexican place in Castle Rock. The second option adds an hour of riding and puts us back in Vader, eating lunch at the same place as breakfast. Once we meet on Saturday we can decide which plan to follow, or we can cook up something completely different.