• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

vozz rear entry helmet

Lists for about $640.  Manufactured to meet DOT, ECE or AS/NZ standard depending on the market.  Marketing literature shows its light weight (about 3 lbs).  Looks like a neat concept, however the part that I don't like is that (if I understood correctly) the cheek pads are the only part of the liner that comes out. :eek: 

Pretty cool, really like the safety and how quick & easy it is to mount and remove. Hopefully it will meet the standards for passing. My concerns in no particular order...price, looks (hopefully after 1st gen they get more styles and colors), pinlock for anti-fogging, where/how to mount BT comm like my Sena 20s since there's no edge.

I've posted on this before. My dilemma is this: will paramedics be able to figure it out? How about my Neotec? I hate to think of someone trying to pull my modular off my head without knowing where the (hidden? really?) button is.

Good point. The designer of this helmet mentioned the paramedics need to scan the QR code to get removal directions. Riiight, how many folks even use QR codes? I know we have a few COG riders who are paramedics and know how to remove helmets including our Neotecs, but the general paramedics won't know. I'm not sure if they even keep up on helmets like this as part of their continued training updates. I'm curious if this is something AMA etc can help paramedic groups on?!

QR Codes don't seem to be mainstream anymore...however, I have seen a few articles on some California first responders / paramedics using the technology. (Marin County)

Interesting...  I'm thinking some people will have a problem with the closed bottom.  It would make the helmet seem
more claustrophobic.  The closed opening will probably create more fogging issues on a cold and/or rainy day.
Don't see a lot of venting on it either... not a Florida friendly lid at first look.

Seeing as the padding is the only thing holding the helmet in place, I'd worry about pressure/friction discomfort over prolonged
periods, because IF the pads are the only thing holding the helmet in place more pressure would be pushing against your head (theoretically).

I agree with the comments on emergency helmet removal also...  "Anybody got a QR Reader App on their phone......  how 'bout a screwdriver!!?"  is NOT what you'll
want hear while you're lying on the floor/gurney.