• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WA - Trip to John Day Dam 12th - 13th Sept.

colinp386

Hey Chaps & Chapesses! Good news, I can now ride my scoot after being off it for 10 weeks with a broken leg from a soccer injury. So the dam-bear and I plan to ride down to the John Day Dam this Friday leaving lunchtime from Downtown Seattle and coming back early'ish Saturday morning to make it over to North Bend for a party by 1:00pm. This is the last dam I need for my WA pin and the forecast 69-70deg looks perfect for the ride that will take in some of the passes. Most likely going via Rte 7 to Morton 12, then 131 (Wind River Rd) and 14 to the dam. Camp or cheap motel for the night. Then back via 97 and 90. or 12 and 410. Any one wanting to come with is most welcome! :) Colin the ex gimp. Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Dag nabbit... You guys that go out on Fridays really starch my riding shorts. Only 'cause I can't go. Have fun, it should be a fantastic day. Wish I could bail, Friday is the absolute worst day for me to play hookey. You gonna ceremoniously burn the big black boot? Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

Aw come on Mike; I ain't leaving until 12:00 and if your really up for it I can leave a bit later if I have to. If we left prompt at say 2:00 we could be there around 6:30 - 7:00 before dark. I'm going to go to the salt mine early to make up for it :) The good news is I plan to leave early Saturday so you can be back home in the early afternoon. :) Yes I should have a ceremonial burning, of das-boot or perhaps just tow it behind the scoot for a few miles! :eg: Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767

<b>Aw come on Fred; I ain't leaving until 12:00 and if your really up for it I can leave a bit later if I have to. If we left prompt at say 2:00 we could be there around 6:30 - 7:00 before dark. I'm going to go to the salt mine early to make up for it The good news is I plan to leave early Saturday so you can be back home in the early afternoon. Yes I should have a ceremonial burning, of das-boot or perhaps just tow it behind the scoot for a few miles! </b> Psst. Mike, mike... Not Fred! :eg: AKA "2linby" That's 2-lin-by folks! Northwest Area Director COG #5539 AMA #927779 IBA #15034 TEAM OREGON MC Instructor http://community.webshots.com/user/2linby http://tinyurl.com/njas8 (IBA BunBurner Gold Trip) http://tinyurl.com/lwelx (Alaska trip)

Any more trouble with you Bob, Fred, Mike or what ever your name is, I'll be editing your profile sunny Jim! ;p Thanks 2linby; I think perhaps my head needs to be in a Velcro boot too :) CP. Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767

Wow, I missed out on all the name calling again. Colin, thanks for the offer on the late departure, but I don't think I can make it happen. I was serious about Friday being the pits around here, and I'll be lucky to get out of here before 7 PM. Besides, it sounds like my wife has committed me to "something" on Saturday. Oh well, at least summer is back. Maybe I'll head up toward Neah Bay & back early on Sunday to make it up to myself. :8|: Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

I will be heading down the same path Friday morning. I will leave some bread crumbs. Going to John Day with another group to try out the new bike. :) --chris - on the trailing edge of technology

I will leave some bread crumbs
Do me a favor Chris, don't leave them on the apex of the tight right hander's ;) Perhaps I'll see you on the way back what are you riding tomorrow? Look out for InCOGnito probably on the Wind River Road between Carson and Randle. Mike; Sorry you can't make it Bud, try a bit less starch on those shorts in future :) Hope to see you both at Chez Prior in October a the soon to be posted wrench session. CP Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767