• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted: Carb Needle Jet

gaillarry

Training Wheels
While cleaning my carbs I lost a needle jet:

16017-1313 JET-NEEDLE | [CN]

16017-1316 JET-NEEDLE | [CA,US]

Since its a Canadian bike I suspect the first item is for the Canadian version.  Bloody dealer wants $41 + taxes for one.  I can get the US version for $23.  Anyone know the difference between the two versions?

NeedleJet.jpg

I have a canadian carb set coming to me now; I'll measure and see if I can determine a difference. It'll be a few days though - steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I have a canadian carb set coming to me now; I'll measure and see if I can determine a difference. It'll be a few days though - steve

Thanks Steve,  I'm in no rush, its been snowing for the last 12 hrs  :(

Larry

When I got my Canadian version 89 titled in the US, one of the things I had to do was change the needle jets to bring it to US spec.  So I've got 4 of them taking up a very tiny bit of space somewhere.  I'll round them up tonight and shoot one your direction, just PM me your address.

Rob said:
When I got my Canadian version 89 titled in the US, one of the things I had to do was change the needle jets to bring it to US spec.  So I've got 4 of them taking up a very tiny bit of space somewhere.  I'll round them up tonight and shoot one your direction, just PM me your address.

PM sents, thanks very much :)

Did Steve (or anyone else) ever fond out if there is a difference in the Canadian Needle Jetts?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: What is snow? (I live in South Texas)