• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

website backup?

2fast

Crotch Rocket
Ok, by now most of us that use the "popular" Concours websites know that the other one had an anuerism.  An enormous amount of content seems to have gone poof on that site. Is it safe to presume that our official site is backed up and redundant enough that this could not happen here?

Is that what really happened over there? He seems to have lost absolutly everything, including the domain name? It does make me wonder!!!  ::)

I think he's moving the data to the new domain name. Maybe this is part of a pending release of the concours.org website registration?

Hmmmm.... ya, it is kinda funny how the forum has a new domain name....
I think good old Rick is counting on most people not being tech savy enough to notice....
Oh well, I really do wish him good luck...
Now that my history is gone from that forum, I think I'll keep it that way...
I know I'll miss some of the people I've come to know over the years but for me it's always been about the club, not the forum...

Camper Dave said:
Hmmmm.... ya, it is kinda funny how the forum has a new domain name....
I think good old Rick is counting on most people not being tech savy enough to notice....
Oh well, I really do wish him good luck...
Now that my history is gone from that forum, I think I'll keep it that way...
I know I'll miss some of the people I've come to know over the years but for me it's always been about the club, not the forum...

+1 Dave  :13:

2Fast said:
Ok, by now most of us that use the "popular" Concours websites know that the other one had an anuerism.  An enormous amount of content seems to have gone poof on that site. Is it safe to presume that our official site is backed up and redundant enough that this could not happen here?

Yes we have a backup and restore ability on this Forum.

I'm thinking he talked with a lawyer.

Cap'n Bob said:
Is that what really happened over there? He seems to have lost absolutly everything, including the domain name? It does make me wonder!!!  ::)

Bert said:
I'm thinking he talked with a lawyer.

No....  the www.concours.org site wasn't affected and hasn't changed - take a look.

I believe Rick when he says he lost a partition - the same partition containing the forums and his backups....  :rotflmao:

I think he has backups offsite, but it would take him a coons age to restore them with his dial up connection. Oh, wait, he's got a sat connection now....  OK down, but not so good up....  He's got to get it up fast and it's easiest to build the forums from scratch and then restore the data later. Dunno why he decided to change the domain name, he'd lose the Google ranking. He may be doing some redirecting or something. Have to do a whois.

Karma, it's a bitch

I re-registered over there just to have the username reserved.  Same one as here.  Whether I become active over there again, dunno.  Regarding karma, etc, I don't know enough about it so I just try to help folks out whichever place they are. 

As far as the domain change, er, yeah...  I've got theories, but lemme put on my tin hat first.

Off topic, thinking about MOB's request to change member info, and talking about karma....  I just noticed (yeah, sometimes it takes awhile) that my COG member number is the same as my employee ID number. Woo-ooo-oooo    :-X

Ok I think the release is about official. Rick just sent an email stating his concours.org email will cease to work May 20. I think he may be releasing interest in the domain.

mmmmmmmm!
We'll see.  THat would be close enough to justice to suit me... and plenty of other folks Im sure.

And geez, I didn't get that memo.    :))