• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Western WA Tech session March 16

danodemotoman

COG 2877
  :-\  COMING SOON!
Chat and chew,  maybe clink a wrench. :ecomcity:  :103:  :06:

on calendar click on 'more detail' to see "view map' location

I'd love to come, but I don't know if I'm off until the Wed B-4. Oh yeah, just bought a parts bike, so through your orders my way, I can at least shuttle anything that anyone might need B-4 work if you like.

Tim

1) Please register on the event calendar so the burgermeister can get a rough head count

2) bring a munchable or soft drinks to share

2) AD Charlie is bringing the burg/dogs/buns and fixings

I'm working this day, so I (once again) can't attend. I did by a complete parts bike, so if someone needs parts, please contact me, so I can say "yes/no" and deliver them out to Dan's before work.

Really wish I could make it.  Unfortunately I'm working all weekend at my "other job".  I'd love to come and meet and greet some PNW folks; heck I could even swing up to Slybones' place and pickup the Concourier archives he's holding for me.  Darn that hotel it's really cutting into my motorcycling social time.  ;D

Hope you all have a good time.  Someone eat a burger for me. (no mayo or ketchup - I only use mustard).  :great:

We will!  :103:
Hope you can make it next time!
Now back out to the shop to get the Rambler front wheel bearings/hubs wheels back on and the Fairlane ready to drive out of the shop so we have room to wrench.

Rain or shine, I'm showing up at Dan's with burgers, dogs, buns, etc.  :103:   

No matter the weather, in our minds we can all be  :49:

Got the Fairlane off the jacks and on the wheels, Rambler bearings/hubs and wheels on.
Have lots of room in the shop now.
No heat tho the temps look to be moderate for tomorrow.

danodemotoman said:
Now back out to the shop to get the Rambler front wheel bearings/hubs wheels back on and the Fairlane ready to drive out of the shop so we have room to wrench.

Wish I could make it.  I'm sending this posting from beautiful SE China (near Hong Kong).  I'm looking forward to getting home to ride my C-14 since I've been gone since 3/4 and will get home next Friday 3/22.  Often this thing called work gets in the way

Tony

002-L.jpg

quote author=danodemotoman link=topic=41312.msg253822#msg253822 date=1363415350]
Got the Fairlane off the jacks and on the wheels, Rambler bearings/hubs and wheels on.
Have lots of room in the shop now.
No heat tho the temps look to be moderate for tomorrow.

danodemotoman said:
[/quote]

Great to get together.  :)  Weather was fair for end of winter, some sleet a couple times but everyone was under the roof and out of the breeze.
  Pat made the 'LD' ride, rode up from Oregon.
NWAD Charlie showed up with his 'chuckwagon' in tow with BBQ meats, buns and condiments.
Richard and Jack from Oly Peninsula areas.
Chuck from up north.
Jeff on his sub 300K mi C10 from Lacy.  :motonoises:
Fueled with coffee, muffins and later the BBQ  :103:  smoked hot dogs and burgers.
We all joked, including 'Factual Motorcycle Anecdotes'  ;)
Richard did the Sonic springs with new fork oil and added a fork brace.
Chuck valve adjust and replaced lost shim on engine mount.
Jack did fork oil on his prior '02 C10 he rode in for friend.
Pat did a steering head bearing adjust.
Charlie assisted most everbody including bringing in tools including the 'graduated' measuerement tool for fork oil level.
No tools were lost (forever) and other than occasional four letter words alll ended well.  :D
Charlie and his C10 with chuckwagon in tow
006-L.jpg

Charlie unloading the chuckwagon goodies
007-L.jpg

Dan @ the BBQ
008-L.jpg

Jeff enjoying a dog
010-L.jpg

Jack with Jeff assisting with fork oil r&r
011-L.jpg

Richard doing fork springs/oil, Charlie assisiting with Chuck in far background doing valve adjust
012-L.jpg

Chuck doing valve adjust, engine mount shim replace
013-L.jpg

Pat and Charlie assisting Richard with forks
014-L.jpg

Pat, Richard, Jeff, Jack and  Charlie pointing at the discussion of angler (bag) sag
016-L.jpg

Looks like all had fun. I would have loved to have be able to join in but the passes are still a little shaky on the temps IMHO. Won't be long though. Tim

The weather turned much colder later in the week.
I should have a done a ds ride earlier with the snow level was way up, like 6500 ft.

TimR said:
Looks like all had fun. I would have loved to have be able to join in but the passes are still a little shaky on the temps IMHO. Won't be long though. Tim

Looks like you guys really tore it up!  Nice work gents.  Looking at all the C-10s maybe it's a good thing I wasn't able to come.  It looks like I'd have been the odd man out with the only C14.  Would that bike even be welcomed in that crowd?  ;D

danodemotoman said:
Yes, the C14 was noted as absent and assuredly would be welcome.

However the tech assistance might be limited?
Any tech assist would be beneficial.  Other than torquing everything I can see and changing the oil/final-drive-oil, I'm a complete noob on this thing.

I am sure there are some common maintenance on the C14 that can be assisted like clutch/brake fliud and tire changes.

runnerb0y said:
[Any tech assist would be beneficial.  Other than torquing everything I can see and changing the oil/final-drive-oil, I'm a complete noob on this thing.

danodemotoman said:
I am sure there are some common maintenance on the C14 that can be assisted like clutch/brake fliud and tire changes.

runnerb0y said:
[Any tech assist would be beneficial.  Other than torquing everything I can see and changing the oil/final-drive-oil, I'm a complete noob on this thing.
A brake/clutch fluid change-out would be pretty similar, any help or instruction would be awesome!  I'm hoping to be able to harass (meet) some of you at the next gig.

No horseplay, grabass or 'factual motorcycle anecdotes'!  :-\
I don't like the competition  :32:

runnerb0y said:
danodemotoman said:

runnerb0y said:
A brake/clutch fluid change-out would be pretty similar, any help or instruction would be awesome!  I'm hoping to be able to harass (meet) some of you at the next gig.

danodemotoman said:

Be careful what kind of tire DP puts on yer bike though eh...  :eek:

I have a Mityvac and a carbtune.......... I can run the mityvac unless I put the wrong end on and the carbtune has been out of the case once to look at.