• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What Motoport to buy?

Sailor_chic

I've exhausted my Lil brain looking at the Motoport website.  I looking to purchase at least a set of pants, and possibly a jacket.
The Ultra 2 mesh series pants seems to be attracting me.  Living in Florida  this is most likely the wise choice for the warm temperature. However, I have been known to travel a bit on this bike, so rain protection is definitely a concern in my gear purchase.
I'm not really in favor of having to stop when it rains to don rain gear or the liners.  I think it's really unsafe stopping on the side of the road and I also hate stopping period.
So this makes me wonder, do I want the Motoport stretch instead?  But then the lack of vents in the jacket and pants will render this gear useless in Florida for 7 months of the year.
I'm definitely confused on what to buy.

I love the crash reports I read about motoport gear and feel this is the top of the line clothing. But can it also meet my other needs?
Should I look at other brands and sacrifice durability?

Go figure, a woman can't make up her mind. Oh my!

Hi,
      Have you called and talked to Wayne (owner) yet? ;D

He is the man to really answer your questions! :eek:

I have the Ultra II Pants and Jacket and love it! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_nr1nliddJk1rhvklto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr1nliddJk1rhvklto1_1280.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 190
Greg, no I haven't contacted Motoport yet.  I really want to have as much knowledge as possible when I talk to them. 
I value the opinions from people that are actual owners, instead if hearing only a biased opinion from a salesman.

I spoke with Gregg and then Wayne before ordering. Wayne won't force a sale on you - he will gladly explain the differences as only he can. This stuff has to be made and therefore is impossible to go try it on - and few people have Motoport - so you hafta trust Wayne's descriptions and our satisfaction with this product. Honestly, next to Motoprort, everything else is FAR INFERIOR period. 100% Kevlar - find some crash reports on ADV Rider - unreal.

I wear Klim gortex pants bc I don't want to stop to add rain liners or warm layers under my pants when the weather turns - but I'm not safe in these pants. At least not as safe as Kevlar pants like my jacket would be... So, I made a compromise and will get Motoport mesh pants when I can afford that luxury for summer use. The Klim pants are great against weather but are barely padded ....

If the Kevlar doesn't convince you - I'll tell you the padding in Motoprort gear covers a LOT more than just elbows and the middle of the back - there's hardly a part of the jacket that even touches me because the padding is so thick between the Kevlar and my skin. Thick, perforated - cool as a breeze in hot weather. Feels like my torso is in the shade not in a jacket - really.

75 days and 12,800 mi trip this summer and it never even showed dirt or got musty. Think Kevlar chain mail - not fabric. Love it.

* I too, am looking at input. Have been over the website for about 3 riding seasons and plan to fly out,visit Wayne,  and get measured while visiting my Bro in San Diego.  After frequently visiting the website and reading threads on about 6 different forums I am convinced...helped to see a few riders locally that have the gear.

If you have time and want  a ton of input the mother of all threads is here
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/motoport-kevlar-first-impressions-long-many-pics.80138/

There are other threads to search there including a "hot and Humid" Motoport thread.

Worth adding: when i spoke with Wayne I was still not sure what I wanted. But, I put down a deposit so i would have my manufacture date set. At that time I still had 2 months to decide what I wanted - they called for the final payment and order just before making my jacket.

I'm sharing as much as possible here bc I want those I care about to have the best and word of mouth is still the Motoport way. Wayne is a good man for making this product work as a made in USA business. You sure aren't paying for any marketing....

Hi,
        Excellent post, Fais! :great:

And yes the armour is fantastic and molds to your body after a bit!

When I ordered my gear and it arrived, the jacket was to short in the torso?

My fault maybe, but maybe not?

Called Wayne,we decided to call it even, I sent the jacket back (my dime) and in a week he sent me a perfect jacket back! (his dime)

I will go so far to state that after wearing this Motoport Gear I see EVERYTHING  (yea even the one that starts with an "A"!) else as a rip off in money and protection! :(

I think Codora is $20 a yard and Kevlar is $50?

You do the math! ;D

Attachments

• 5c07806970aa63fdfd7ca5efa60c058b.jpg
    5c07806970aa63fdfd7ca5efa60c058b.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 163
When I have enough coins saved up I too plan on getting Motoport.  When I took my Ride Safe course in Durham NC, yrs ago,the subject of riding gear came up. They (police) could really endorse any gear, but general safety.  They all wore Motoport and spoke very highly of the company and the product.
I know I haven't answered your question sailor_chic, but I at least think your on the correct track as far as company. Keep us posted on your decision.

Cheers
Ron

You know in hindsight we can't help you Nicole... Because we only have tried and worn one Motoport thing. I can't help you decide WHICH one to get ???

My decision for the Marathon Mesh was made easy after telling Wayne that riding hot was the most aggravating thing to me. He's probly the only person that can answer your questions ....

I have the Ultra II Air Mesh pants, and I wear them year-round in Arizona.  As others have suggested, I called Wayne before ordering, and told him what I wanted from the gear.  Don't sweat the sales pitch - I actually got the feeling that in addition to answering all of my questions and making good recommendations, Wayne was kind of evaluating me to see if I was good enough to buy his stuff!  OK that's probably going too far, but I never felt pressured in the least.  I bought the Marathon Mesh jacket first.  A couple of months later I bought the pants, and then some gloves.  I talked to him on the phone every time before ordering.
I've worn the pants in 117 degrees in the summer, and didn't feel too different from just wearing jeans.  Right now I have the rain liner zipped in and I've ridden like that in 20 degrees.  This morning it was 32 when I left home.  The Connie has pretty good lower wind protection, so down to about 30, I don't even feel the chill.

Hi,
      Nicole, something to remember or know is,  you are paying for  TOTAL custom  gear. ;D

Remember you can have it any way you want it, not just how they show on the site!

On the site I think they show the Ultra II pants and jacket with the outside cargo pockets.

I nixxed that and had the less bulky zippered closures on the jacket (4 pockets, 2 up, 2 down) and no pockets what so ever on the pants (don't need it and more comfy IMO)

There is enough room in the jacket for wallet, cell, keys, ect!

Just sayin,  look HARD before you order in exactly what YOU want ! :great:

Oh yea, just do another of those Marathon (Iron Butt) rides an get it from the Motoport Shop in person! :-[

Attachments

• kawasaki_ninja_girl_biker_1.jpg
    kawasaki_ninja_girl_biker_1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 167
Reading another thread , a comment said the mesh Kevlar jacket with the armor wouldnt fit in the  side cases, is this true ? I plan on riding to work often and want to stash the gear in the side cases.

When I take mine off and toss it it appears as if a torso is still inside the thing. It will practically stand on its own -

If I could fold it up to get it in my side case it would bend the pads out of the 'molded to me' shape they are in. Still, not sure it would fit.

Kevlar = think almost bullet proof vest with full sleeves - this is not like any other fabric and isn't fabric. I have a cable lock for the jacket (draped over windscreen) and helmet (sitting over/shading the dash) when parked.

This is the Marathon Mesh, deleted pockets, fat stripe on the back ppl say is brighter than my Admore LEDs when headlights are on it. It was 127* in Death Valley the week after Cortez and I was able to keep on trucking. Saw 120+ about 4 times that trip.

These are the only pics I have, hope it helps. I ride alone and usually point the camera away from me - but atop Beartooth I had to get one of me . . . ;D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.05.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.05.43 PM.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.09.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.09.09 PM.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 210
Hi,
        Yep,  you need the color coordinated, Motoport matching pants, Bro! ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• 9490414044_68a615c9d9_b.jpg
    9490414044_68a615c9d9_b.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 179
FTB530 said:
Reading another thread , a comment said the mesh Kevlar jacket with the armor wouldnt fit in the  side cases, is this true ? I plan on riding to work often and want to stash the gear in the side cases.

I think I m going to wrestle with that as well. Kind of resigned myself to getting a cable lock and using it. I m fine with that...

Question for those who already own....How long does it take the kevlar to dry if I leave it on the bike in a rain? Won't feel quite so bad about leaving it on the bike if it drys quick.

Fais said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,
        Yep,  you need the color coordinated, Motoport matching pants, Bro! ;D >:D >:D >:D

I'll tell Wayne you sent me  :))

Hi,
        Fais...uh....well..probably is not going to help! :-X

Freebird, to me the stuff is so comfy, I would just wear it in and then change!

I'm also not convinced that the jacket could not go in one bag and the pants in another.

Admittedly may not be much room for anything else though? ;D

Attachments

• checkerd_flag.jpg
    checkerd_flag.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 175
freebird6 said:
FTB530 said:

I think I m going to wrestle with that as well. Kind of resigned myself to getting a cable lock and using it. I m fine with that...

Question for those who already own....How long does it take the kevlar to dry if I leave it on the bike in a rain? Won't feel quite so bad about leaving it on the bike if it drys quick.

If any part of this jacket holds any moisture at all it's the tag. Can't stress enough how this isn't even a fabric. Feels like a million Kevlar rings chained together.

Fais said:
freebird6 said:
FTB530 said:

I think i will have to see one before I buy,the work I do I have no office so if I cant put it inside I ma have to find a different route.

If any part of this jacket holds any moisture at all it's the tag. Can't stress enough how this isn't even a fabric. Feels like a million Kevlar rings chained together.

freebird6 said:

Imagine a jacket made out of chicken wire.  It dries like that would.  Stick your arm out into a 50 mph wind and your arm is dry.  Dunk it in a bathtub, grab it by the shoulders and give the whole thing one big shake, and 90 percent of the water drops out of it.

A lot more comfortable than chicken wire, though.

Hi,
        I didn't buy the liners because I'm mostly a day rider or overnite at the most! (no real time for much else)

If I was a cross country samurai like Fais or Nicole, I'd of probably got them!

In Florida for 50/100 degree weather I just wear under wear and a t-shirt under the gear.

If I go through a Florida rain shower I just keep running and pretty soon I'm dry again, no big deal! ;D

If it's cold (no chance of rain) I put on long handles and I'm good!

With the mesh it's easy to dress under it,  as you need! :great:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/motoport-kevlar-first-impressions-long-many-pics.80138/

Attachments

• Les_demoiselles_SBK_2014_de_Misano_11.jpg
    Les_demoiselles_SBK_2014_de_Misano_11.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 153
Where you at with your decision Nicole? I`ve got Motoport stretch kevlar top and bottom and have input if it's still of use.

Reading threads I wondered about the stretch in the pants vs straight mesh. On the Connie, I kind of decided I would want stretch on the back of the pants to avoid scratching the paint under the seat and tank sides.  Any input?

gottaride said:
Where you at with your decision Nicole? I`ve got Motoport stretch kevlar top and bottom and have input if it's still of use.
I'd be interested in your opinion...looking at a new pair of pants and I'm strongly considering Motoport.

freebird6 said:
Reading threads I wondered about the stretch in the pants vs straight mesh. On the Connie, I kind of decided I would want stretch on the back of the pants to avoid scratching the paint under the seat and tank sides.  Any input?

Hi FB,
              I have the straight mesh in the Ultra II pants (with armour as pictured) without the pockets.

I have never noticed any problem with the paint on my BLACK 2012 C14!

I do have the Tech Spec, tank protectors though.

The only downside I can point out to me,  is that the Kevlar Mesh,  is a little slick and something to get used to, as compared to jeans!

Attachments

• pants.jpg
    pants.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 155
What I'm curious about is how the waterproof liners perform?  I ride all year here in the Pacific Northwest, so I need to make sure I stay dry when it rains and it's in the mid 30s.  I don't want to deal with a rain suit that I have to put on over my other gear, so that's not an option.

Hello all,  thanks for the input on the gear.  I called Motoport twice last week  and I ended up placing an order for the Marathon mesh jacket and the ultra II mesh pants. 
One of my concerns about the mesh I'd also the paint abrasion on the tank. I contacted Lucas at Tankslapper, and he has a clear material, Xpel, that will fit the tank on the sides. So I will be purchasing that also.
One drawback I see about the mesh Motoport gear is the lack of built in waterproofing. I really hate stopping and putting on rain gear.  However on the other hand, I have read a bunch of testimonials of how well this gear protects in a crash. 
I spent a bunch of hours reading the motoport thread on Adv rider site, and every is thoroughly pleased with their purchases.
Now I just need to get home and get my measurements so they can start production.  Right now it's a 4 week turnaround.

Hi,
      Good deal Nicole!

Make sure you and Wayne compare notes on the "length" of the jacket! :-[

This is the measurement from the neck down to where you want the coat to end at your front! :eek:

For some reason my measurement there was short (really short) :(

Wayne took care of me, anyway! :great:

Either I messed up in measuring or comprehended the instructions wrong? :truce:

Just a "gotcha" to keep in mind! :motonoises:

Glad you are going with the Motoport, just because it's the safest gear out there, and I guess that shows how little I think of everything else! ;D

Attachments

• mv-agusta-f3-sexy-lady-1.jpg
    mv-agusta-f3-sexy-lady-1.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 132
Good news, I received an email today saying that my Motoport jacket and pants were delivered. The bad news is that I am out of town for 3 more weeks.

Hi,
        Oh man! I HATE that! :(

Can't wait to see what you think! ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• HELL.jpg
    HELL.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 125
After the long wait, I finally have my Motoport gear. Impressive gear, but not so sure of this "custom" fit sizing. Ive emailed them inquiring on what can be done with this excessive sizing.

Sailor_chic said:
After the long wait, I finally have my Motoport gear. Impressive gear, but not so sure of this "custom" fit sizing. Ive emailed them inquiring on what can be done with this excessive sizing.

Can you take a picture of what you received, please?

Also where did it ship from?

Sailor_chic said:

Hi,
        I'd call Wayne,  Nicole!

Attachments

• tumblr_o2puguwjrV1qc2alio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_o2puguwjrV1qc2alio1_500.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 143
Sailor_chic said:
I think he would get upset if I called him Nicole.

Hi,
        Hmmm...Just trying to help.

Wayne is completely accessable and a stand up guy.

In the end, any REAL decision is going to come from him anyway and not his "Minions"!

Good luck!

Attachments

• guzzi_2013_v7_caferacer_6.jpg
    guzzi_2013_v7_caferacer_6.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 124
I'm a little late "jumping on this wagon" but I'm jumping on anyway. I, too, have Motoport gear and LOVE IT!!!! It is by far the safest feeling gear you can wear. I have the Marathon Mesh jacket and the Ultra Mesh II overpants. I stated with the pants thinking I'd have the pants to wear with my Klim jacket. As soon as I put the pants on and felt the padding and level of protection the material provides I knew the Klim jacked sucked! A month later I ordered my jacket. I'm not going back to the other gear...EVER! Motoport is what I wear for now and forever! The pic below isn't the best but this is what I have from Motoport. The stuff looks like it'sd be super stiff, heavy and uncomfortable. It's not! It's actually far from stiff, heavy and uncomfortable...amazing stuff! I had the benefit of riding to Mototport and having Wayne measure me himself so everything fits great! Great gear, great company...can't go wrong!

Flying out to SD today. While there I hope to stop  by and get measured for Motoport gear. I have measured my gear here at home to find the best length. Looking forward to doing this in person so there is no doubt as to how long I want it and how big my butt and stomach are.

That's awesome. My jacket came just right but I had to send my pants back. And I cant wait to get them back! They were as amazing as the jacket which I have over 20k on so far. Had to buy one at a time ...

I can't believe I tried this stuff and then I can't believe how great it really is. The closet full of riding gear is done growing. This is IT.

:beerchug:

Fais said:
That's awesome. My jacket came just right but I had to send my pants back. And I cant wait to get them back! They were as amazing as the jacket which I have over 20k on so far. Had to buy one at a time ...

I can't believe I tried this stuff and then I can't believe how great it really is. The closet full of riding gear is done growing. This is IT.

Same here buddy...got 5 jackets and a pair of Tourmaster overpants hanging and collecting dust!

Put my deposit down the other day to secure (lock-in) a production date.

3.5 weeks out right now, and growing!

Gotta figure-out EXACTLY what I want now.

Still looking hear from a few more people about their experience with the Rain Liners...if possible.
I'm RALLY reluctant to buy anything that's NOT Goretex....hoping somebody can comment on the Aerotex stuff that Motoport uses.

gr

ghostrider990 said:
Put my deposit down the other day to secure (lock-in) a production date.

3.5 weeks out right now, and growing!

Gotta figure-out EXACTLY what I want now.

Still looking hear from a few more people about their experience with the Rain Liners...if possible.
I'm RALLY reluctant to buy anything that's NOT Goretex....hoping somebody can comment on the Aerotex stuff that Motoport uses.

gr

Ghostrider, I have both the 2 piece liner for the jacket (rain liner and quilted liner) and the rain liner for the pants. I can tell you that because I live in So. Cal. I haven't had to wear them in the rain. I HAVE worn the rain liner for both the pant and jacket in cold weather and I think the rain liners are AWESOME! They fit great and are really comfy. I DO NOT like quilted liner. It's made to be worn over the rain liner and I don't like that so I don't use it. It is really uncomfortable if you wear it alone under the jacket! I wear my "Gerbings Heated Liner" if it gets really cold. It fits well under the jacket and is much more comfortable that the quilted liner from Motoport. So, rain liner for jacket and pant are really nice! Quilted liner for jacket not so much.

Mike

Mike, are you sure about wearing the quilted liner over the rain liner? Honestly that doesn't make any sense.  We're clothing has very little insulating properties, so I would guess that  the quilted (warmth)  liner needs to be next to the body and dry.  Of course this is my personal opinion,  but also based on how my other brand jackets are worn.
There,  my 2 ¢!

Sailor_chic said:
Mike, are you sure about wearing the quilted liner over the rain liner? Honestly that doesn't make any sense.  We're clothing has very little insulating properties, so I would guess that  the quilted (warmth)  liner needs to be next to the body and dry.  Of course this is my personal opinion,  but also based on how my other brand jackets are worn.
There,  my 2 ¢!

That would make sense but the seams are on the inside of my quilted liner. I checked it and if the zipper is in the correct orientation the seams are in the inside and they aren't comfortable AT ALL! I'm wondering if the zipper was sewn on wrong?? If I wear it with the seams on the outside the zipper is inside...makes it tough to zip up when it's "inside" :-[

ChrisD said:
Sailor_Chic, did you get your issues resolved?  And if so how do you like the gear?
t

I love my jacket and pants!  Hands down, they are a quality product. Like the others have said, this is my last gear purchase.
The issues I had were with my rain liners. They were sized excessively large. They were so big that I could wear the liners OVER  the jacket and pants. These are at Motoport now, so time will tell how they are when they return.

Sweet.  I have the pants that I received last month....my short response, AWESOME! 

Jacket to come when funding is available.  Since I'm a big dude that added oversize fee is a shock...LOL

Sailor_chic said:
ChrisD said:
Sailor_Chic, did you get your issues resolved?  And if so how do you like the gear?
t

I love my jacket and pants!  Hands down, they are a quality product. Like the others have said, this is my last gear purchase.
The issues I had were with my rain liners. They were sized excessively large. They were so big that I could wear the liners OVER  the jacket and pants. These are at Motoport now, so time will tell how they are when they return.

Hi,
      I bet they are great!

I had to send my jacket back....the new one,  a WEEK later,  was.....drum roll....PERFECT! ;D >:D >:D >:D

Yea, my LAST gear! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_o4j3g6WjMc1s4yd0lo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_o4j3g6WjMc1s4yd0lo1_400.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 125
Currently waiting two weeks now for the alterations on my liners. Not impressed with the liners or the time to alter.

Sailor_chic said:
Currently waiting two weeks now for the alterations on my liners. Not impressed with the liners or the time to alter.

My quilted liner is all wrong! I looked at it again, after you questioned my reasoning on how to wear it. If the zipper is in the correct orientation when I put the liner on, the seams, the VERY uncomfortable seams are on the inside AND there are Velcro strips on the cuff of each sleeve...ON THE INSIDE OF THE CUFF :-[! Not only is it Velcro, it's the ROUGH HALF of the Velcro. So, if I wear my quilted liner like it should be worn, under the jacket or under the jacket and rain liner I have heavy seams against my skin and ROUGH Velcro rubbing against my wrists...OUCH!

Now, maybe I'm missing something but it sure doesn't seem correct to me :??: I'm not using it because if of those issues. It's hanging with all the other jackets I have that are collecting dust.

MikeB_CA said:
Sailor_chic said:

My quilted liner is all wrong! I looked at it again, after you questioned my reasoning on how to wear it. If the zipper is in the correct orientation when I put the liner on, the seams, the VERY uncomfortable seams are on the inside AND there are Velcro strips on the cuff of each sleeve...ON THE INSIDE OF THE CUFF :-[! Not only is it Velcro, it's the ROUGH HALF of the Velcro. So, if I wear my quilted liner like it should be worn, under the jacket or under the jacket and rain liner I have heavy seams against my skin and ROUGH Velcro rubbing against my wrists...OUCH!

Now, maybe I'm missing something but it sure doesn't seem correct to me :??: I'm not using it because if of those issues. It's hanging with all the other jackets I have that are collecting dust.

I have to say Motoport has outdone the competition with the kevlar gear. Super impressive. A bargain at the price. When I see a 'Stitch get rolled up like beach towel and stuffed into a pannier I know I made a wise choice. But the liners? Must be like getting work boots from Nike - or a truck from Maserati - or a John Deer bicycle. It's just not what they do - but there's too much money on the table not to do it.

I had liners coming for my pants. Than I saw what Nicole went through. Took me 45 seconds to call and cancel the liners. Was like winning $100:) I have all kinds of liners already, was drinking the Motoport KoolAid I guess . . .

My $0.02

Mike, go get your money back!

had time to get measured while I was in San DIego. They seem to know all the folks here by name and gear. Was a very interesting visit and talk. Wayne came out and spent some time talking. Was nice to get hands on samples and figure out what I need and want. They are very thorough in going through the order process and suggesting what they think you might need with the riding style and what you wear underneath.  Now it is just the waiting.

Fais said:
MikeB_CA said:
Sailor_chic said:

I have to say Motoport has outdone the competition with the kevlar gear. Super impressive. A bargain at the price. When I see a 'Stitch get rolled up like beach towel and stuffed into a pannier I know I made a wise choice. But the liners? Must be like getting work boots from Nike - or a truck from Maserati - or a John Deer bicycle. It's just not what they do - but there's too much money on the table not to do it.

I had liners coming for my pants. Than I saw what Nicole went through. Took me 45 seconds to call and cancel the liners. Was like winning $100:) I have all kinds of liners already, was drinking the Motoport KoolAid I guess . . .

My $0.02

Mike, go get your money back!

I'm going to call him and try to figure out what to do. It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things. I can tell you that the Pant Liner is AWESOME! I absolutely, 100% love the pant liner. The rain liner for the jacket is good too. So, like you said Fais, liners are obviously an "after-thought" for Wayne but something he has to offer.

To recap, rain and pant liners are great :great:! Quilted liner sucks :(! Overall, the Motoport setup is amazing and I will NEVER buy another piece of gear that isn't Motoport (as far as jacket and pants go).

Also, for those that are interested, a few months ago I purchased some SIDI boots...they are SOOOOO good! I love my SIDI boots! Motoport also sells SIDI boots and Wayne considers them to be one of the best made boots for safety while riding. He has a customer who works for a local Law Enforcement agency and works 'motors' for that agency. This guy was wearing traditional riding boots that the department gave him, got in a crash and the bumper of the car he was involved with ripped the boot open and ripped of toes from his foot!!!! The guy is a mess but is recovering and wants to continue riding. Wayne said a good pair of boots with a high safety rating is paramount...a MUST HAVE! I'm very happy with my SIDI boots and was even happier when I saw that he (Wayne) sells SIDI and considers them to be a very safe boot!

freebird6 said:
had time to get measured while I was in San DIego. They seem to know all the folks here by name and gear. Was a very interesting visit and talk. Wayne came out and spent some time talking. Was nice to get hands on samples and figure out what I need and want. They are very thorough in going through the order process and suggesting what they think you might need with the riding style and what you wear underneath.  Now it is just the waiting.

freebird, you'll be glad you went in and had them take your measurements. Everything should be "spot-on" when you get it and I think you will absolutely LOVE the gear! It is far and above better than the stuff we were buying from the internet or local shops!

BTW, did you see the samples of gear that have been through crashes? Both his gear and the "other stuff"?

I should have listened to Faisals advice when he was at my house. "Return that crap!" But the stubborn girl didn't listen. The $300 refund would have been nice.
Like he said. A John Deere bicycle. Great analogy Fais.

Hi,
        Thanks for the info on the SIDI boots!

Lucky, I guess cause that is what I bought! :great:

One of the few that come in my size (15) ::)

They actually have little armour plates in high risk areas, and are built like a tank! :eek:

Wayne asked if I wanted liners and I said, "No", as I am just a day rider. :(

In Florida, if I go through a rain shower, I'm dry again in 20 min. with the mesh kevlar! :motonoises:

I know I don't make friends when I say this, but Motoport Gear, makes ANY other gear, a rip off,  in money, AND safety!!! :-X

Attachments

• 2011-Sidi-Cobra-Air-Boots-Black.jpg
    2011-Sidi-Cobra-Air-Boots-Black.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 113
^^^^ you made a friend out of me  :great:

Bro - I Wasted every prior penny spent and nearly died of heat before a wreck ever had a chance on my life!

seagiant1 said:
Hi,
        Thanks for the info on the SIDI boots!

Lucky, I guess cause that is what I bought! :great:

One of the few that come in my size (15) ::)

They actually have little armour plates in high risk areas, and are built like a tank! :eek:

Wayne asked if I wanted liners and I said, "No", as I am just a day rider. :(

In Florida, if I go through a rain shower, I'm dry again in 20 min. with the mesh kevlar! :motonoises:

I know I don't make friends when I say this, but Motoport Gear, makes ANY other gear, a rip off,  in money, AND safety!!! :-X

I hear that brother...a total ripoff! I had Klim gear and thought it was good until I got a taste of the gear at Motoport and quickly...instantly realized I was wearing the wrong gear!

Regarding boots...I bought these;

Fais said:
^^^^ you made a friend out of me  :great:

Bro - I Wasted every prior penny spent and nearly died of heat before a wreck ever had a chance on my life!

Hi,
      Thanks Fais! :beerchug:

Glad you completed your outfit! :great:

Mike, those boots look pretty darn "stout"! ;D

I figure if I go, I'll have my "hide" with me anyway! >:D >:D >:D

Like Fais, said, there ain't no Fashion Show on a gurney and the Nurses don't care!!! ::) ::) ::)

Attachments

• tumblr_o1qo16ZDRZ1sgyzp3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_o1qo16ZDRZ1sgyzp3o1_500.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 114
MikeB_CA said:
\
freebird, you'll be glad you went in and had them take your measurements. Everything should be "spot-on" when you get it and I think you will absolutely LOVE the gear! It is far and above better than the stuff we were buying from the internet or local shops!

BTW, did you see the samples of gear that have been through crashes? Both his gear and the "other stuff"?

ya...got the whole tour...I don't think Wayne will let you get out of there without showing you the section of blown up gear...after he has already asked what you were wearing and shows you an example of your gear after a crash.

On the subject of gear...I have had several pairs of touring boots before the accident left my right leg shattered and misaligned. I have to send measurements off the current pair of boots. I found these for the road. They walk well and have ample protection. They need the measurements at 3 spots to ensure the pants will fit over them.
Adventure_Black_JPG_large.jpg

FTB530 said:
So after ordering Motoport is it a average four week wait?

That's a fluid situation. Always changing....

If you expect to wait 4 weeks I think you'll be pleasantly surprised:great:

Also - pay 1/2 to place order, other half when they make it. No fees for that.

I like what I see and read about Motoport,but I dont have a decent jacket now,leather jacket I wore on harley shrunk  :)),, I am going to chico tommorrow and looking at a Motoquest jacket that came in today, but it is $550, not sure what I will do at this point.

What is the chance of you Motoport owners posting pics Of your jacket? Yea I looked at the page to many choices .

Hi,
      Motoport gear comes a certain way and then has "options" for a custom setup.

This is something you need to think about as to what YOU want in your gear and how you want to set it up!

I hate cargo pockets (the next guy might love them?) and went with the inner zippered pockets on my jacket and NO pockets what so ever on my pants!

I use the jacket pockets for wallet, cell phone, keys ect.

This keeps things from bugging me in my pants pocket,  (more comfy)while I ride.

This is on the Ultra II Jacket and Pants.

Just sayin, worth some time to get what you want straight in your head, and write it down BEFORE you go to order!!!!

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/help-me-choose-a-motoport-jacket.703271/

Attachments

• 11029985_495425293949404_5467586971123650026_n.jpg
    11029985_495425293949404_5467586971123650026_n.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 111

Marathon mesh - it's like being in the shade - not in a jacket - on a hot day - off the bike - I'm known to keep it on :-\

Take it off, zip it up, stands on its' own. My little safety cocoon. Tested to 155(!)

I'm not that big - the front pads are so big and thick, the sleeves are padded from wrist to shoulder - the Kevlar doesn't touch me - I'm in the shade of it.

Thanks guys, if that olympia doesn't fit perfect I will probably opt for the motoport.,going to do some more reserch ,thanks again.

Since i didn't have a decent jacket I want to head and bought the Olympia Moto quest today,
So the Motoport had to be put on the OT List, along with th Delkacic ,sisf flash,lamm seat,rostra cruiseand anything elseni can think of for a while!

Sailor_chic said:

YOur name came up when I was talking about the Forum... at least they know who you are....jI forgot your actual name and they came up with it right away. Hope it all works out ....I opted to keep my heated WarmNSafe stuff instead of order the liners.

Fais said:
What kind of boots are those? I'm starting my Christmas list early. Those look nice

Forma Adventure  US sizing with good toe room. I used Revzilla as they have decent returns if size is wrong. I thought about using the european compainies and taking advantage of the exchange rate but with the anikle deformities and having tried on SIdi and several other brands I jumped on Revzilla. These are built like athletic shoes on the lower sole portion , they are most def water proof as we were in it last summer. I opted for the black but the brown looks good as well  http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adventure-boots. GOod sized toe box

freebird6 said:
Sailor_chic said:

YOur name came up when I was talking about the Forum... at least they know who you are....jI forgot your actual name and they came up with it right away. Hope it all works out ....I opted to keep my heated WarmNSafe stuff instead of order the liners.

Your referring to the people at motoport?

I wish I listened to Fais and returned the liners.

I'm finalizing my order tomorrow.
Glad I read this....but I don't think I was really planning on buying the liners anyway.

Are the attachment points (internal) EXTRA, or are these included in every jacket??

So - rephrasing the question: If I choose to ADD the liners later, will i need to send the jacket and pants BACK
to have the attachment points sewn-into the set??

Thanks,
gr

Sailor_chic said:
2 1/2 weeks later, I finally received an email saying the liners are being shipped.

Hi,
        Well... to be honest, I've seen worse! :eek:

Hope they fit and work for you! :great:

I know you Samurai Riders need them! ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• rrrrrr.jpg
    rrrrrr.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 135
ghostrider990 said:
I'm finalizing my order tomorrow.
Glad I read this....but I don't think I was really planning on buying the liners anyway.

Are the attachment points (internal) EXTRA, or are these included in every jacket??

So - rephrasing the question: If I choose to ADD the liners later, will i need to send the jacket and pants BACK
to have the attachment points sewn-into the set??

Thanks,
gr

I don't think so. The jacket should have it all already. I had them take the snaps off my liner because I never snapped in anyway...have always worn the liner under the jacket but never connected.

Well, I received my motoport liners today. They are okay, almost, but not really. Im going to simply return the quilted liner, but keep the rain liner(s). Rob at Motoport is good to deal with.

My warm-n-safe headed gear showed up yesterday. Today was dress rehearsal, and it wasnt good. With having $2k worth of riding gear laying in front of me, it was a letdown. Let me say this.... The Motoport Marathon mesh jacket and Ultra 2 pants are awesome, no issues. The motoport liners are marginal at best. The warm-n-safe heated jacket liner was a serious disappointment. I need a big size to fit the girls in there, so I expect other areas to be big. However, I didnt expect a 21" neck. After a lengthy conversation with the sales tech, the best he could do is offer a refund. He measured a jacket in his warehouse and he said it was a 20" neck. I asked him who he knew that had a neck that big, much less a womens neck that big. no reply, just silence. Then he went on to tell me that a smaller size collar would be special order. My smart-ass comment was I must be an anomaly having such a small neck. They wont pay return shipping either, they said its not their fault. Even without neck sizes on there size chart. Silly me for assuming it would be like 16"
After I hung up with him I went on to the Gerbings website, as a point of reference for me, and looked at there size charts. A mens XXXL jacket only has a 19" collar.

On a lighter note, I ordered a pair of the Motoport Kevlar racing gloves. And, well, they fit like a glove :D  These are a very nice glove. Im quite impressed with these.

Sailor_chic said:
Well, I received my motoport liners today. They are okay, almost, but not really. Im going to simply return the quilted liner, but keep the rain liner(s). Rob at Motoport is good to deal with.

On a lighter note, I ordered a pair of the Motoport Kevlar racing gloves. And, well, they fit like a glove :D  These are a very nice glove. Im quite impressed with these.

Ok, ok...what I want to know, and I asked you earlier but you didn't tell me, is if the gloves feel like they will breath well???? I want to know because I may buy a pair but I want to make sure they won't be hot in Summer!

MikeB_CA said:
Sailor_chic said:

Ok, ok...what I want to know, and I asked you earlier but you didn't tell me, is if the gloves feel like they will breath well???? I want to know because I may buy a pair but I want to make sure they won't be hot in Summer!

Got the call today that the duds are in production. Not sure if I will get them for Moonshine but at least I know they are on the list.

I looked at the gloves and tried several pairs on while I was there . Very impressed.  I will be picking up a pair of those down the line here.

Wow, Sailor_Chic, sorry about all the aggravation you've been getting!  I can't help but think that you're the victim of a series of screw-ups.  The tragic thing is that I've got pretty much the same setup you have, and I couldn't be happier.  I never tried the Motoport quilted liners, but I got the rain liners and found them very satisfactory, both for rain and winter riding here in the Arizona desert.
When I got my Warm n Safe heated liner, I stopped using the jacket liner.  Speaking of that, my shirt size is 15 32/33, and my Warm n Safe fits like a glove.  The body is snug enough that I feel a little goofy wearing it without the Motoport, but I still do it.  The neck fits just about perfect over a collared shirt.
I'm not trying to be a smart-*ss, but you did get the women's jacket liner, right?  I thought those were cut to provide appropriate anatomical accommodation.
I hope you get everything sorted out.  You're buying high-end gear, and you should be comfortable and happy with it.

MikeB_CA said:

They breathe way better than any leather gloves I've worn - even perforated ones.  When I ordered mine, Wayne told me about a little trick for hot weather riding.  Before I leave work to ride home, I fill the gloves with water, give them a squeeze and pour out the water.  Nice!  I wouldn't do that with leather gloves, but after two summers, my Motoports still look new.

Old Steve said:
MikeB_CA said:

They breathe way better than any leather gloves I've worn - even perforated ones.  When I ordered mine, Wayne told me about a little trick for hot weather riding.  Before I leave work to ride home, I fill the gloves with water, give them a squeeze and pour out the water.  Nice!  I wouldn't do that with leather gloves, but after two summers, my Motoports still look new.

Thanks Steve...that's what I wanted to hear! Ordering mine now!

Woo-hoo, I helped spend more of Mikes money!  Mike, I just received the gloves and have not had them on the bike yet. Ill let you know tuesday how they are.
Steve, Yes my warm-n-safe liner was a womens waterproof jacket. So that is what amazes me with having a 21" collar

Hi,
      Well, sorry for the "liner merry-go-round"! :(

However,  at the end of the day, glad you got the Motoport Gear! ;D

Because, I know it will protect you better, than ANY other riding outfit,  money can buy!!! :great:

Attachments

• a88eb92bb6e90454818eec9420943732.jpg
    a88eb92bb6e90454818eec9420943732.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 136
Sailor_chic said:
Woo-hoo, I helped spend more of Mikes money!  Mike, I just received the gloves and have not had them on the bike yet. Ill let you know tuesday how they are.
Steve, Yes my warm-n-safe liner was a womens waterproof jacket. So that is what amazes me with having a 21" collar

Haha, I know you're always willing to help :great:!

I have worn the Motoport for years.  I have the Kevlar Mesh Overpants, Mesh Jacket and also the Street Jeans.

As far as the rain liners...
They are kind of bulky and don't pack small enough for a long trip.  What I have done is to use my Frogg Toggs under the mesh jacket, on rainy rides or as a wind block garment under the mesh jacket.  Same for the overpants. The Toggs under my overpants work well on cold rides as a good windbreaker as well. 

The top and bottom of the Frogg Toggs stuff into a bag that is smaller than just the pants liner stuff down too, plus they give me a rain jacket to wear while walking around in inclement weather.  I didn't find the Motoport Liners as convenient and they are just stored in my garage.

I would say save your money and frustration on having them tailored.  Mine were tailored at Motoport, while I waited and they were still too much. 

Wayne's Mesh Kevlar is something you will keep for a lifetime though. 

Been riding for years and years, I have dozens of jackets, pants, over pants, rain gear, mesh gear and anything you can think of. Been following multiple forums on the Moto-P gear.

I had in the past a custom leather track suit made for me after careful measurements that arrived and I had some real issues with it.

I was on the edge of MP purchase but am hesitant due to the custom fitment requirements and continuing issues with fit, liners and rain protection.

I went and purchased the KLIM Latitude jacket and pants. Not cheap but both fit me well right out of the box.

Wish you all the best on your purchases, I just could not go through another alteration process again.

NYbiomed said:
Can anyone comment on the carbon fiber gloves, they look like a great deal for only $49.
:)

Faisal just purchased these gloves. They look like a nice glove, although I dont think he is happy with the fit.

I have recently purchased the kevlar racing gloves and I am impressed with them. Not cheap, but very comfy!

Sailor_chic said:
NYbiomed said:
Can anyone comment on the carbon fiber gloves, they look like a great deal for only $49.

Faisal just purchased these gloves. They look like a nice glove, although I dont think he is happy with the fit.

I have recently purchased the kevlar racing gloves and I am impressed with them. Not cheap, but very comfy!

Funny... I just emailed MP the tracing of my hand for the Racing gloves. I'm hoping that the $169 Racing glove is custom made and explains the much higher price than the Carbon gloves- which must? be an off the shelf product/outsourced for only $49. I don't mind investing in quality.
What was your turnaround time?

NYbiomed said:
Sailor_chic said:
NYbiomed said:

Funny... I just emailed MP the tracing of my hand for the Racing gloves. I'm hoping that the $169 Racing glove is custom made and explains the much higher price than the Carbon gloves- which must? be an off the shelf product/outsourced for only $49. I don't mind investing in quality.
What was your turnaround time?

Fast! Ordered mine and had them 3 days later!

gpd323 said:
Been riding for years and years, I have dozens of jackets, pants, over pants, rain gear, mesh gear and anything you can think of. Been following multiple forums on the Moto-P gear.

I had in the past a custom leather track suit made for me after careful measurements that arrived and I had some real issues with it.

I was on the edge of MP purchase but am hesitant due to the custom fitment requirements and continuing issues with fit, liners and rain protection.

I went and purchased the KLIM Latitude jacket and pants. Not cheap but both fit me well right out of the box.

Wish you all the best on your purchases, I just could not go through another alteration process again.

Hi,
        Well......Motoport, is Motoport.......NOTHING else comes close.......:great:

For your protection! :eek:

Just sayin! ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POST FROM Freebird6!

My Motoport came while away at Moonshine. I wore it this morn down to New Castle fo a 730 am meeting. 34 degree with my  :beerchug:Warm N Safe gear underneath. Thank goodness because this thing flows air hugely. Kind of weird not to have my tight Alpinestars or Kawasaki GA gear on. as it fits a bit looser....or feels that way.

I am happy and looked at the gear I had hanging on the back of the bedroom door that I wore out to Illinois this weekend. I immediately thought....that was wasted money that Olympia a nd others got. I will put it upstairs and may find  that I use it in the future...but I doubt it. As for The Motoport ....I was talking to my wife who said I looked "good in it" (no accounting for what a spouse sees in a mate) but she also asked why I had waited the 3 years I have been talking about buying it why I waited so long and asked how much I had spent on cheaper gear (Alpinestars, Kawasaki GA , Bilt, River Road and other stuff) hemming and hawing about the Motoport.

It is stiff and I want to get it broken in but I am liking it enough to go out and get on the bike in the dark when it was below freezing this moring.

The 6'9 gent is a big guy. Seems smarter to get it made to fit and be done with it rather than get an off the shelf maybe it will fit version. Having already been hit and spent 8 days in a coma...and as Flat Spot says....lucky to be here to tell about it....I think the investment pales in comparision to the initial quarter of a million dollars the first 6 hours of my stay. Get fit and have it made. Just my .O2 cents

Attachments

• er6 6.jpg
    er6 6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 115
I, like a lot of you, spent a lot of money on jackets...too much! But, I didn't know about Motoport until end of last year. Once I saw the Motoport gear and compared it to what I was wearing (a Klim jacket at the time) I was pretty embarrassed. Might as well been wearing cardboard! That's an exaggeration but you get the point! The Motoport gear is so well made, reeks of quality and safety, and is actually really comfortable to wear and looks much better on the body than I thought it would! I now own the Marathon Mesh jacket, Ultra II Marathon overpants (which are, by far, the best overpant EVER!) and the Kevlar Racing gloves which I just received on Monday.

The gloves fit better than any glove I've owned in the past. The fit is SPOT ON! No more "long finger tips"! They breathe great, are really comfortable, have EXCELLENT tactile feel and are easy to put on/take off. The ONLY complaint I have about the gloves is that they are SLICK! Try closing your chin bar with the gloves on...hand slips right off! This is a very small complaint and has no affect on how I feel about the gloves but that is something I have to work on and get used to but the gloves are amazing! One bonus in owning these gloves is that you can soak them in water and wear therm wet on hot days which will make your little fingers happy in summer :great:!

The liners for me are great! Both liners fit really well although I don't really use the quilted liner for I prefer to wear my Gerbing liner when it's cold, even if not plugged in. It's just a hard liner to break away from because it is so comfortable to wear.

I feel I am the "safest" I can be as far as gear is concerned. I have the Motoport jacket, pants, gloves and am wearing SIDI boots (which Motoport sells and recommends).

I couldn't be happier with the gear I have and am a Motoport customer for life!

I really need to post an update here on my Motoport gear. I will admit that I had some issues with the fitment of the rain liners, and dealing with Rob at Motoport has been a pleasurable experience. He listened to my dislikes and addressed them appropriately. I have 5000 miles on my gear now and I kept noticing that the leg zippers would open up a few inches during a day of riding. So once again, I contacted Rob, and he told me to send the pants back and they would put a snap tab at the bottom of the leg. They did this with no cost to me other than shipping the pant to them.

Bottom line... I am very pleased with my Motoport gear and I highly recommend there products.

Sailor_chic said:
I really need to post an update here on my Motoport gear. I will admit that I had some issues with the fitment of the rain liners, and dealing with Rob at Motoport has been a pleasurable experience. He listened to my dislikes and addressed them appropriately. I have 5000 miles on my gear now and I kept noticing that the leg zippers would open up a few inches during a day of riding. So once again, I contacted Rob, and he told me to send the pants back and they would put a snap tab at the bottom of the leg. They did this with no cost to me other than shipping the pant to them.

Bottom line... I am very pleased with my Motoport gear and I highly recommend there products.

Hi Nicole, I'm having the same issue with my pants so I'll contact Rob and have them do the same thing. I'll wait until I can make the trip down there and have them do it while I wait!

MikeB_CA said:
Sailor_chic said:

Hi Nicole, I'm having the same issue with my pants so I'll contact Rob and have them do the same thing. I'll wait until I can make the trip down there and have them do it while I wait!

Oh, BTW, I LOVE the gloves I bought from them!