• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What Motoport to buy?

I put in my order earlier this week on the mesh jacket and pants. The conversation here convinced me it was really the only way to go if I was going to be serious about staying as safe as possible. My hope was that I would get lucky enough to get them before leaving for Helen, but I got a call Wednesday to verify some measurements and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the gear should ship by the end of next week. While gray seems to be the popular color here based on the pictures, I can't talk myself out of staying with the loud hi-viz in the jacket.

MikeB_CA said:
Sailor_chic said:
Good point Mike, I forgot to mention those, thank you.

Aren't you due to put another 5,000 miles on this week?  :D

Ah, not this week. I think I'm feeling the touring bug taking its effect next month though.

Swampcat said:
I put in my order earlier this week on the mesh jacket and pants. The conversation here convinced me it was really the only way to go if I was going to be serious about staying as safe as possible. My hope was that I would get lucky enough to get them before leaving for Helen, but I got a call Wednesday to verify some measurements and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the gear should ship by the end of next week. While gray seems to be the popular color here based on the pictures, I can't talk myself out of staying with the loud hi-viz in the jacket.

Ed, your gonna love your gear! Gload that you will have it for the National.

Swampcat said:
While gray seems to be the popular color here based on the pictures, I can't talk myself out of staying with the loud hi-viz in the jacket.

Since your Hi Viz will be gray pretty soon anyway no problem. They had no problem showing me the fading that occurs with the hi viz when I was out there in Feb. I end up with black/gray and beefed up the yellow reflective stripes changing from the gray for visibility. Amazing how the kevlar fades because it won't hold the dyes.

You may be different but I had no problem talking myself out of it once I saw the jackets in the shop that were a couple of years old and totally faded out.

Swampcat said:

Hi,
      I guess I'm boring..... :(

I just got black with the gray reflective stripping! :-[

Your gonna love this gear, and feel out of your "shell,"  riding without it!!!! ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• RayHume075.jpg
    RayHume075.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121
seagiant1 said:
Hi,
      I guess I'm boring..... :(

I just got black with the gray reflective stripping! :-[

Your gonna love this gear, and feel out of your "shell,"  riding without it!!!! ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Nothing boring about you at all, SG1. I'll admit it: I have a certain obsession about maximizing my chances of being seen.  :??:

Really looking forward to getting the gear in after hearing about yours and seeing Nicole's today.

So, a month and about 1k miles on my motoport gear, and I think I need to ask the group a few questions:

The sleeve zippers on my jacket will not stay zipped.
I wear full gauntlet gloves that actually cover the jacket ends, and it is quite bulky and difficult to get them over all the materials - including the
velcro adj. flap.
I'm thinking of having them make the wrists closure smaller, and changing the adj. velcro strap to actually fold OVER the zipper.
Anybody else have this issue, or have custom closures on the wrists??
this is an airmesh jacket, btw.
Also, the right arm elbow/forearm armor is not positioned correctly, which I'll need to have it corrected.  Oddly the left arm armor IS correct.

The Air Mesh Street Pants i ordered are totally awesome!
The only complaint I have is the waist is a bit big, and I might need to adjust the knee armor UP just a scoche.

I'm slightly concerned about turn-around time, but I'll contact Rob on Monday and see what the current production status is.

Love the gear.  I bought the full armor package, and couldn't be happier with the overall package.

The only thing I wish motoport did differently, was offer proper GoreTex liners, and that work better than everyone else is reporting.
THis would be a TRULY awesome all-season package if they could get the liners correct.
I may be emailing the owner to say this.  I would think He'd know this by now.

thanks everyone.
gr

My sleeve zippers took a bit of adjustment. When cold I thighten them down, when hot I let them out one notch. The zippers stay fully in place no matter which snap I use. I am not sure about how I would get the mesh inside a gauntlet as it is fairly stiff and unforgiving.

I have been wearing a dri wick t shirt under the gear. Long sleeve if under 70 as this stuff is cold when the wind whistles through. More often than not I am pulling out the waterproof heated gear to wear under the Motoport rather than lament the lack of liners. Seems to work on cool mornings.

Pants are great. Mesh front, stretch back. Only problem is the Forma Adventure Boots I wear have closures which seem to be tearing up the lining of the lower legs. Not sure if they can sew some kind of material there that would resist the boot closures tearing the insides up.

freebird6 said:
My sleeve zippers took a bit of adjustment. When cold I thighten them down, when hot I let them out one notch. The zippers stay fully in place no matter which snap I use. I am not sure about how I would get the mesh inside a gauntlet as it is fairly stiff and unforgiving.

I have been wearing a dri wick t shirt under the gear. Long sleeve if under 70 as this stuff is cold when the wind whistles through. More often than not I am pulling out the waterproof heated gear to wear under the Motoport rather than lament the lack of liners. Seems to work on cool mornings.

Pants are great. Mesh front, stretch back. Only problem is the Forma Adventure Boots I wear have closures which seem to be tearing up the lining of the lower legs. Not sure if they can sew some kind of material there that would resist the boot closures tearing the insides up.

I'm CERTAIN they could reinforce the inner linings for you! ;-)  More Kevlar???  Yes please.....  :rotflmao:

Snaps on sleeves??  I have velcro only. 
Must be a different model.
Going thru my jacket last night....I have several things that seem out of whack, including the arms seems longer than they should be....
but I'll wait to confer with the good people at MP before i make any half-baked statements or decisions.
they KNOW what they are doing....me, nosomuch!

gr

I have the Marathon Air Mesh II jacket and the sleeve has 3 buttons...no Velcro. I have a pair of 'Held' gauntlet gloves and can easily fit them over the jacket sleeve. I do have issues with the zipper moving 'up' a little but it always stays inside the glove if I'm wearing the gauntlets. I also have a pair of the Motoport racing gloves and those fit inside the sleeve. The racing kevlar gloves are really nice! Most comfortable glove I've owned and I've owned a few over the years!

Hi,
      No problem with zippers on my jacket! ::)

What does happen is the zipper on my pants wants to grab the inside ( "zipper protector?) or flap? :(

Would of been better made of leather, instead of cloth? :-[

I just got used to it, and watch it when I suit up! ;D

Attachments

• 13094388_1198029873570896_2382742813218277131_n.jpg
    13094388_1198029873570896_2382742813218277131_n.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 129
seagiant1 said:
Hi,

What does happen is the zipper on my pants wants to grab the inside ( "zipper protector?) or flap? :(

I've noticed that on mine too.  I have the Ultra 2 Stretch pants.  Love them but that damn little piece of cloth that loves the zipper..... :mad:  Racing gloves on the way, after hearing everyone talk about them here figured I was due a new pair. ;D

Wayne has your money and won't give 2 craps about your opinion on the liners. He won't even believe you when you tell him your stuff doesn't fit. You're wrong - he's right. Remember the measurements? It's your fault.

Was sold pants that needed more Velcro in order to close on my boot properly and hold the pads correctly. That Velcro cost me $58. My waist came so tight I couldn't sit in the pants. That adjustment cost me $28. Plus shipping BOTH WAYS. Oh - it was my fault. Even though I sent my favorite jeans properly marked and wear a common Tourmaster boot, etc. Almost $200 of bad taste in my mouth every time I suit up.

I had to order gloves twice - sent gloves and traces of my hands. Sold gloves bc just didn't want to hear Wayne's voice again. They were way too long to wear safely. Customer service? Before his head got all big and before he had all my money.... What does he gain after we have bought the whole suit? No way to look cool biotching on the net... But, it's all I've got.

He's going to ask you how you are operating the zippers. Get ready for the interrogation. He will want to know how you ruined them.

- Mr Nice Guy  :beerchug:

ChrisD said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,

I've noticed that on mine too.  I have the Ultra 2 Stretch pants.  Love them but that damn little piece of cloth that loves the zipper..... :mad:  Racing gloves on the way, after hearing everyone talk about them here figured I was due a new pair. ;D

Seagiant, the gloves are 'slick' as in 'slippery'! Don't be surprised by this. The material slides right off the helmet, making things a little more difficult when closing the chin bar or whatever you might be doing. What I've learned is a quick 'lick' of the fingers of the gloves and things are nice and sticky...just some info for you!

MikeB_CA said:
ChrisD said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,

Seagiant, the gloves are 'slick' as in 'slippery'! Don't be surprised by this. The material slides right off the helmet, making things a little more difficult when closing the chin bar or whatever you might be doing. What I've learned is a quick 'lick' of the fingers of the gloves and things are nice and sticky...just some info for you!

Hi,
      Well?

I wear, Aerostitch, Elkskin,Roper Gloves???? ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• 13230198_1032242023537564_4300340269884747732_n.jpg
    13230198_1032242023537564_4300340269884747732_n.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 121
seagiant1 said:
MikeB_CA said:
ChrisD said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,

Hi,
      Well?

I wear, Aerostitch, Elkskin,Roper Gloves???? ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

ummm...one of your best pics yet buddy :)!

Fais said:
Wayne has your money and won't give 2 craps about your opinion on the liners. He won't even believe you when you tell him your stuff doesn't fit. You're wrong - he's right. Remember the measurements? It's your fault.

Was sold pants that needed more Velcro in order to close on my boot properly and hold the pads correctly. That Velcro cost me $58. My waist came so tight I couldn't sit in the pants. That adjustment cost me $28. Plus shipping BOTH WAYS. Oh - it was my fault. Even though I sent my favorite jeans properly marked and wear a common Tourmaster boot, etc. Almost $200 of bad taste in my mouth every time I suit up.

I had to order gloves twice - sent gloves and traces of my hands. Sold gloves bc just didn't want to hear Wayne's voice again. They were way too long to wear safely. Customer service? Before his head got all big and before he had all my money.... What does he gain after we have bought the whole suit? No way to look cool biotching on the net... But, it's all I've got.

He's going to ask you how you are operating the zippers. Get ready for the interrogation. He will want to know how you ruined them.

- Mr Nice Guy  :beerchug:

That's disconcerting.
But I have to admit, some of the things that are wrong on my gear have NOTHING to do with the measurements I provided.
And then there's that little bit of wizardry they pull off, with how the garment is made vs. the measurements....lots of grey area there.

One issue I have, is the belt loops are literally 1" larger than they need to be, and that's with me using a heavy duty 1.5" tactical belt.
just an example of things that I didn't THINK I needed to specify.
If I were to fill the loops entirely with a wider belt, I wouldn't be able to attach my zipper to my jacket correctly.
As it is now....the zipper barely has room to be attached properly.

I get he's running a business, but I hope I don't get this from him.  Really I don't.  Or I'll be in the same boat as you Fais.

Of all the things I don't understand about the way my gear came back to me.....I gave them a pair of pants to match the fit of the riding gear.
These were by far the best fitting pair of jeans I own (actually Kuhl branded heavy duty cotton hiking pants) that fit me like a glove.
and STILL my waist came back  at least 2-4 inches larger than that fitment.  The vecro closure on the waist barely makes contact in the closed position....that's how TOO BIG the waist is compared to the pants I gave them.
That makes NO SENSE.

Anyway....going to finalize my adjustments, and ship it back this week.
what I should REALLY get, is a committment from them, on what they intend to charge me FIRST.
i was under the impression, most of it (barring wild measurement discrepancies on MY part) were to be covered for free.  ::)

gr

I noticed that lil flappy thing that loves the zipper as well. ....only on the way back up. Does not interfere when I am removing the pants only when I am relieving mesef. I am learning to zip without engaging it but it does take some thought.

Sad to hear Fais. I was happy to go to the store to get measured while I was out there. Was Not taking those chances after reading those 200 pages threads on ADV. I should have bought the gloves while I was there. Tried them on while I was talking to Wayne. SHoulda sprung for them then.

freebird6 said:
. I should have bought the gloves while I was there. Tried them on while I was talking to Wayne. SHoulda sprung for them then.

Freebird, I have the gloves and did it all by mail. AND, they had to cut and sew the left index finger for me because mine's gone and the gloves are PERFECT!

Once again I will reiterate. I had problems with the fir on my gear, and I spoke exclusively with Rob and he was nothing less than profesional and did everything in his power to make sure that I was a content customer. I will concur with Fais that other people in that company are less than sympathetic and will insinuate that I was at fault for providing wrong information and that I dont know how to properly don riding attire.
My take on dealing with this company... Talk with Rob. There, that may 2 cents!

Sailor_chic said:
Once again I will reiterate. I had problems with the fir on my gear, and I spoke exclusively with Rob and he was nothing less than profesional and did everything in his power to make sure that I was a content customer. I will concur with Fais that other people in that company are less than sympathetic and will insinuate that I was at fault for providing wrong information and that I dont know how to properly don riding attire.

Roger that!

Thank you.

Sailor_chic said:

Seems Rob's kindness has been shut down. I heard the pain in his voice when he had to transfer me to Wayne.

Y'all have me holding my breath in worry over what I'll unpack on Tuesday when my new gear arrives. Will it fit, or will I look like I'm a dwarf trying on the jolly hi-viz giant's clothes?

Spoke with Rob once and Wayne once during the process. Rob was as good as reported previously. Wayne wasn't too bad, but it was a short discussion confirming something and not about a delivered product.

I hate to say it's hit or miss with them which would really suck.  I'm a big dude so custom made protection is a must.  I bought the Ultra II Mesh pants with normal liners to give them a shot, also had them do some custom work on the suspenders.  I am extremely happy with the outcome and have ordered a pair of the racing gloves.  I'll order the jacket later this year. 

Now about the measurements, I went to a seamstress to have her measure all the areas that Wayne wanted done and also a few others just to be accurate.  Did it twice to be sure.  Called and talked to Rob about how I wore my pants and what I wanted extra.  Received them a month later, tried them on and immediately felt good, inserted the liner and wore the pants around the house for an hour or so.  Felt really good and the fit was perfect, everything worked as ordered.

My only issue is the liner of the pants themselves.  My Joe Rocket boots have extra Velcro and it looks like it is messing up the liner so talking to Rob about what can be done, maybe I'll try to eliminate some of the Velcro on the boots or cover it.  But that's it.

Hope the gloves go just as smooth as the pants did. :)

ChrisD said:
My only issue is the liner of the pants themselves.  My Joe Rocket boots have extra Velcro and it looks like it is messing up the liner so talking to Rob about what can be done, maybe I'll try to eliminate some of the Velcro on the boots or cover it.  But that's it.

Let me know how it works out. THe buckles on my boots are kind of compromising the liner of the pants. Thinking about having some stretch kevlar sewn in there. Not like where the lateral boot is rubbing needs a lot of air flow anyway.

Swampcat said:
Y'all have me holding my breath in worry over what I'll unpack on Tuesday when my new gear arrives. Will it fit, or will I look like I'm a dwarf trying on the jolly hi-viz giant's clothes?

Spoke with Rob once and Wayne once during the process. Rob was as good as reported previously. Wayne wasn't too bad, but it was a short discussion confirming something and not about a delivered product.

Hi,
      In my experience I had to send the jacket back as it was too short length wise.

I warned Nicole about this and guess she did ok,  still do not really know if it was my fault or Waynes instructions, on how to measure???

Called Wayne and we called it even, payed the jackets way back to Cali, and he had a new jacket in the mail a week later!

Fit was perfect and I was VERY pleased!

Just sayin, if there is a problem, it should be handled! ;D

Attachments

• 13239214_1031692300259203_7475626309634369749_n.jpg
    13239214_1031692300259203_7475626309634369749_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 146
I now have well over 12,000 miles on my new Motoport gear. The comfort is A++++. Its well broken in now, and conforms to my body quite well. The only problem that I will say about this gear is that its abrasive traits are very rough on the paint job. I dont have any paint protection other than a clear (Tankslapper) in the center of my tank. I now have worn paint on the side where my knees rub, and also in other places.
While on my trip, I stopped in a hardware store in Stevenson WA and purchased a roll of clear contact paper to apply to the abrasion areas of my bike. The lady at the store was very friendly and let me use her scissors and Sharpie for this project. It took about and hour to cut and apply the sticky stuff. It doesnt look good, but it will prevent further damage on my return ride home. Then I will have to get either Techspec or more 3M Tankslapper protection, or most likely both.
I noticed while on the Techspec site, that the right side tank protection is a two piece, and that the lower piece doesnt cover the entire panel. Is this normal or is there different kits available?

Nicole it is normal with the Techspec but you can buy a sheet and modify it as you like.

Update: I bought a pair of the racing gloves.  Wore them for 2 days but had to send them back for repair.  Was very hot while I was taking the MSF advanced course.  Removing the gloves and putting them back on between the lessons I had issues with the liner coming out and then not being able to get some of my fingers back in the gloves.  Was horrible.  Then when I got home I noticed the seam on the pinky finger was split open.  Contacted Wayne and sent them back for repair or replacement.  I was happy with the glove but disappointed that it came apart after 2 days.  For that kind of money I expected better.  Oh well, let's see how it turns out.

Hi,
      Never noticed the Motoport Gear being "abrasive".....

But I have heard that from several sources?

I do have Tech Spec on my tank, maybe that is it?

For gloves, I use the Elkskin Ropers, from Aerostitch!

Not crazy about their riding gear, but like the gloves they carry! (Go figure!) ;D

Attachments

• 13692599_1005345999581107_6716915558337302722_n.jpg
    13692599_1005345999581107_6716915558337302722_n.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 143
I cannot recommend Motoport gear too highly. Here's what I wrote to Wayne:

8 Aug thru 14 Sep

Wayne,

"My cousin Al and I take a long motorcycle trip every summer. He couldn’t come this year so I was free to do silly things like ride through all 48 contiguous states and DC on my way to Montana. But I wasn’t satisfied with my riding apparel and emailed you in late Jul 2014 to see if I could get Motoport gear prior to my trip. You told me my options, I placed my order, and the Marathon air mesh Kevlar jacket and Ultra II Kevlar air mesh pants arrived two days before my 8 Aug departure date. Both jacket and pants fit perfectly, felt comfortable and were cool in the heat. I was pumped. By the end of my trip 14 Sep I was convinced that it was the best investment I had ever made, and was proselytizing for Motoport.

"People look at me oddly when I say that the most exhilarating moment of what turned into a 16,112 mile ride was when I crashed at about 65 mph in the mountains in southern Idaho. I made an amateurish mistake going through a fast sweeping left hand curve: I glanced up and to the right at the BMW rider entering his right hand curve. When my eyes got back where they belonged I was too wide and too fast and, despite my best efforts with lean angle, throttle and brakes, low-sided off the road.

"When the dust had settled and I realized I was absolutely unhurt (and before I felt stupid) I experienced a euphoric rush, and thought of Winston Churchill’s 1898 comment on his experience at the Siege of Malakand in the Northwest Frontier of India: “Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”

"Surviving a crash always involves some degree of luck, and some of my luck that day was that there was no guardrail on this one bit of a 28 mile mountain road, and the cliff face (rather than a 1000 foot drop) was about 50 feet from the road instead of the usual 18 inches. That’s where luck ended and proper equipment took over. My visor was shredded after sliding 30 feet or so on my face onto a pile of rocks. My leather gloves were shredded rather than my hands. And my body was “adrenalized” but entirely unharmed. My Marathon jacket and Ultra II pants were a little dusty but otherwise unmarred and as good as new. And due to the Quad-Armor you put in every conceivable place on the suit I had no impact injuries. I got up and the BMW rider and a truck driver spent about 45 minutes helping me get my Kawasaki C14 off its own pile of rocks and onto the road. I pulled gravel and dirt out of the bike, ripped off the dangling left mirror mount, put on the left side-case and rode away. I stopped for the evening in Lolo, MT, where the hotel clerk said, “Someone must be praying for you; you’re blessed.”

"I don’t know about that, but I’m certain that the outcome would have been much more punishing had I been wearing my old nylon mesh riding outfit."

There are a couple of down sides to Motoport suits, but I don't give a damn about any of them. This gear will really let you walk away from what might be non-survivable events under other circumstances. You really feel as though you are wearing a suit of armor. It instills a lot of confidence, but not foolish overconfidence. Worth every penny.

Hi,
        Nice story

Glad your ok! :great:

I bought my Motoport, BECAUSE, I wanted to be a better rider on such a nice bike as the C14! >:D

To be a better rider at some point (I think), you have to push yourself, and the C14 is so agile and fast, you want to use that! :motonoises:

Although I have not "tested" my Motoport Gear, like you.... :eek:

I believe, ANYTHING else is a rip-off, in Protection AND Money!!!! :-X

Attachments

• maxresdefault-2.jpg
    maxresdefault-2.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 135
My wife bought me the racing gloves, ich whI had lusted after when I was at Motoport factory, fo r my .birthday. ANxiously awaiting delivery.

Wingman said:
I cannot recommend Motoport gear too highly. Here's what I wrote to Wayne:

8 Aug thru 14 Sep

Wayne,

"My cousin Al and I take a long motorcycle trip every summer. He couldn’t come this year so I was free to do silly things like ride through all 48 contiguous states and DC on my way to Montana. But I wasn’t satisfied with my riding apparel and emailed you in late Jul 2014 to see if I could get Motoport gear prior to my trip. You told me my options, I placed my order, and the Marathon air mesh Kevlar jacket and Ultra II Kevlar air mesh pants arrived two days before my 8 Aug departure date. Both jacket and pants fit perfectly, felt comfortable and were cool in the heat. I was pumped. By the end of my trip 14 Sep I was convinced that it was the best investment I had ever made, and was proselytizing for Motoport.

"People look at me oddly when I say that the most exhilarating moment of what turned into a 16,112 mile ride was when I crashed at about 65 mph in the mountains in southern Idaho. I made an amateurish mistake going through a fast sweeping left hand curve: I glanced up and to the right at the BMW rider entering his right hand curve. When my eyes got back where they belonged I was too wide and too fast and, despite my best efforts with lean angle, throttle and brakes, low-sided off the road.

"When the dust had settled and I realized I was absolutely unhurt (and before I felt stupid) I experienced a euphoric rush, and thought of Winston Churchill’s 1898 comment on his experience at the Siege of Malakand in the Northwest Frontier of India: “Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”

"Surviving a crash always involves some degree of luck, and some of my luck that day was that there was no guardrail on this one bit of a 28 mile mountain road, and the cliff face (rather than a 1000 foot drop) was about 50 feet from the road instead of the usual 18 inches. That’s where luck ended and proper equipment took over. My visor was shredded after sliding 30 feet or so on my face onto a pile of rocks. My leather gloves were shredded rather than my hands. And my body was “adrenalized” but entirely unharmed. My Marathon jacket and Ultra II pants were a little dusty but otherwise unmarred and as good as new. And due to the Quad-Armor you put in every conceivable place on the suit I had no impact injuries. I got up and the BMW rider and a truck driver spent about 45 minutes helping me get my Kawasaki C14 off its own pile of rocks and onto the road. I pulled gravel and dirt out of the bike, ripped off the dangling left mirror mount, put on the left side-case and rode away. I stopped for the evening in Lolo, MT, where the hotel clerk said, “Someone must be praying for you; you’re blessed.”

"I don’t know about that, but I’m certain that the outcome would have been much more punishing had I been wearing my old nylon mesh riding outfit."

There are a couple of down sides to Motoport suits, but I don't give a damn about any of them. This gear will really let you walk away from what might be non-survivable events under other circumstances. You really feel as though you are wearing a suit of armor. It instills a lot of confidence, but not foolish overconfidence. Worth every penny.

Great story! Thanks for sharing your misfortune. Glad you walked away with only your pride hurt.  This reinforces my decision I made to purchase motoport.
Like Greg said, this gear gives you the confidence to push your personal limits.

Hokey smokes.

Fall is here and temps went below 50. This stuff is COLD> I found myself stopping and getting the Warm and Safe out of the bags for the ride.

Stretch Kevlar back and Kevlar Mesh front flows the air.

A few thousand miles and I have been impressed. I had on a pair of Olympia Dakar riding pants I had packed on a run over to OHIO and thought I would wear them for the trip home instead of unpacking the Motoport pants from the pannier. Wrong. I was about 4 miles down the road and did not feel as safe with all the deer out and Friday night drivers out so I stopped and changed into the Kevlar...just in case. Got to say I feel much safer in this stuff.....just in case.

freebird6 said:
Hokey smokes.

Fall is here and temps went below 50. This stuff is COLD> I found myself stopping and getting the Warm and Safe out of the bags for the ride.

Stretch Kevlar back and Kevlar Mesh front flows the air.

A few thousand miles and I have been impressed. I had on a pair of Olympia Dakar riding pants I had packed on a run over to OHIO and thought I would wear them for the trip home instead of unpacking the Motoport pants from the pannier. Wrong. I was about 4 miles down the road and did not feel as safe with all the deer out and Friday night drivers out so I stopped and changed into the Kevlar...just in case. Got to say I feel much safer in this stuff.....just in case.

Hi,
        I guess maybe, I come on to strong sometimes, about how good Motoport is, and how EVERYTHING else isn't!

Anyone that uses Motoport Gear for awhile...

Will get that "Turtle Out Of Their Shell" feeling if they then ride without it!

It is that protected feeling that it gives, that others don't!

The Mesh Kevlar, does flow air like a screen and in even a Florida Winter can be cold!

I hear a lot of people say, "Best money I spent!" on this or that, but...

I'll have to say for me, that is my Motoport! :great:

Attachments

• 821a2d9920115a70574a7783ae0243aa.jpg
    821a2d9920115a70574a7783ae0243aa.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 123
To those of you wearing the motoport gear how is the comfort of a two piece set?
If the dam don't break and the weather clears up I will probably buy a new Connie in a few weeks,(per Dr. Ok). I like the road crafter but like the protection reviews of the Motoport Gear.

Can report all good on Motoport products with 50k on my kevlar mesh jacket and 30k on my kevlar mesh police pants. They hardly even look used at all. Not a decision I have regretted for even a second and I sorta hated the way they handled some pant alterations. I have the best gear no doubt. Definitely safer than my one piece leather suit with chest, back,kidney and rib protection. Safer in my Motoport wthout a doubt. Irony . . .

And I absolutely love the Road Crafter. Hope to own one someday because sometimes it's nice to show up somewhere looking nice in black leather. Date night $2,000 suit there(!) But for the every ride and etc - you're on track with Motoport.

:beerchug:

Hi,
      Fais, pretty much nailed it! :beerchug:

Want to go to the Prom? :motonoises:

Wear your Aerostitch! :(

Want the best protection, sliding down the tarmac, money can buy??? :great:

Get in a Motoport!!!! ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• tumblr_olbmrwVJq01u66s8io4_540.jpg
    tumblr_olbmrwVJq01u66s8io4_540.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 118
I can definitely agree on the quality of motoport. I don't regret the money spent for this great gear. As previously stated, I feel very safe in motoport.

I'll chime in on everything said here. I really like the Motoport and had an overall good experience with the purchase and the one alteration I've done. I don't have any experience with Aerostich, so I won't try to compare.

:-[  I got to remember to take mine to the laundromat to wash it while the Connie is getting the valves done. Wore it on the Bimmer the other day and noticed how buggy it was. Always an adventure to stuff it in the wash pads and all and get it clean

freebird6 said:
:-[  I got to remember to take mine to the laundromat to wash it while the Connie is getting the valves done. Wore it on the Bimmer the other day and noticed how buggy it was. Always an adventure to stuff it in the wash pads and all and get it clean

Hi,
        Sounds like a plan! :great:

I haven't washed mine yet!!! :eek:

I just shake it out, every now and then, way over due I guess! :-[

Might even soften it up......might not!!!!  Ha! ;D

Attachments

• tumblr_mcs0kukEv61qbuqnto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mcs0kukEv61qbuqnto1_1280.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 108
Sailor_chic said:
I've washed mine once and it didn't soften one bit. Only smelled better

Hi,
        I was being "cute"! ::)

I don't think it will soften it, one bit! :eek:

If I saw a rider wearing a worn looking Motoport outfit.... :(

I'm giving them my respect, cause that's a Motorcycle Rider!!! Ha! :great: >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• tumblr_okpp5wV8CM1smn8ndo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_okpp5wV8CM1smn8ndo1_500.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 116
Have washed my pants in the shower washer once - but the jacket gets woolite and water sprayed on, let it soak a minute, and hit it with the hose. 1st time was at a car wash in Illinois. This stuff doesn't stay wet long(!)

I washed mine before I sent it back to Cali for adjustments. Although I'm sure they get a lot of gear that is an olfactory challenge, this son of a east Tennessee mountain girl was raised with better manners. I noticed no difference in stiffness at all when it came out. I agree with the comment about it not staying wet long. It was darn near dry coming out of the spin cycle.

I hit mine with Febreze every now and again to try to keep it from getting too bad. No one has complained (yet).

Swampcat said:
I washed mine before I sent it back to Cali for adjustments. Although I'm sure they get a lot of gear that is an olfactory challenge, this son of a east Tennessee mountain girl was raised with better manners. I noticed no difference in stiffness at all when it came out. I agree with the comment about it not staying wet long. It was darn near dry coming out of the spin cycle.

I hit mine with Febreze every now and again to try to keep it from getting too bad. No one has complained (yet).

Agree with that I put mine on and rode home. I do have to use my Amazon Prime and grab some of the fabric protector. When I was out at the factory they showed some examples of gear that did not use the Fabriguard 303 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spackler said:
Does Motoport make anything that isn't mesh? I didn't see anything on their site.

Oh yeah - the mesh is perfect for me but not recommended for anyone with milder summers and a colder riding season. The jacket actually keeps me cool just standing in it in the summer. It's like portable breezy shade. You would freeze in this stuff north of Texas or FL.

You want the stretch Kevlar. My hard riding Canadian buddy has lots of miles on his. He rode a circle around the 4 corners of the country in Motopor stretch Kevlar.

Wow I just found this thread and the timing is perfect as I had a fitting and ordered a jacket and pants two weeks ago.i ended up with a mesh jacket w liners and mesh/stretch overpants.
I live in so cal and wanted the coolest gear possible to ride in the heat. liners for the short cold/wet season here.about four weeks wait time but if everything fits I well be a happy camper.
thanks
jay  :great:

Hi,
        The problem is, the Motoport Mesh  KEVLAR.....

Is probably as cool or cooler than any other gear out there and.....

Gives as good or BETTER protection than any other gear!

That's pretty hard to beat!!! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_mcs0kukEv61qbuqnto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mcs0kukEv61qbuqnto1_1280.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 149
thanks for the encouragement , my gear arrives next week just in time for my trip to Zion.
I've never been ATGATT (my riding Buddy's are all pirate's ).
this is a major expense and I'm second guessing myself.

thanks
jay

Cigar Jay said:
thanks for the encouragement , my gear arrives next week just in time for my trip to Zion.

thanks
jay

Hi,
        Seems like expensive till you have a slide down the asphalt! :-X

Then it's cheap! :great:

I shake my head everyday, watching people riding with cut off shorts, and flip flops! :(

Attachments

• tumblr_omyx6kDZeS1tk46tjo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_omyx6kDZeS1tk46tjo1_500.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 127
Cigar Jay said:

thanks
jay

Ain't no second guesses once you got it and it's on. Great pockets, cool riding, awesome protection. Yeah I have been in a coma 8 days and lots of broken parts. Still riding. Enjoy. Upload pics

i,m back and have traveled twelve hundred miles in my new gear, ( California , Nevada , Colorado , Utah )
the fit and quality are fantastic. i,m not to sure about the hot weather wear ability of the pants yet but i wore shorts and it wasn't too bad i think i need light long pants and i well figure this out soon, not much airflow across my legs and the armor does restrict air across my knees.
thanks for the tip about the cable lock.
all in all i am a very happy camper

are any of you're +1 wearing motoport ?
thanks
jay :great:

My wife has a Motoport mesh jacket and pants that I found on eBay for about half the price of new. It fits her well enough that we didn't have to send it off for adjustments. She has mentioned that it's a little warm, but she agrees that protection is more important. We both wear light pants or shorts and technical shirts under the gear.

My philosophy was that I was not going to put the most important person in my life in gear that was any lower in quality or protection than what I wear, even though she rides with me only a small percentage of the time. Buying used instead of new was the only compromise I made. This stuff is so durable that even used it looks new.

I know this is really great stuff from reviews and such, but ALOT of their stuff is god-awful looking, case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXL-MOTOPORT-Motorcycle-ONE-PIECE-SUIT-Rain-Gear-Waterproof-MOTO-Line-DIFI-/302273266818?hash=item4660e40482:g:MewAAOSwZVlXvJOc&vxp=mtr

WTF could someone be thinking wearing this?? I think one would be laughed at even at a gay-pride parade- and that takes some doing!

I could live with plain black with some reflective accents tho....

PS/Edit :D
ROTFLMAO, nevermind, LOL, "never worn, still has tags" it's no wonder gents, but even the mindset to create such a monstrosity!

NYbiomed said:
I know this is really great stuff from reviews and such, but ALOT of their stuff is god-awful looking, case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXL-MOTOPORT-Motorcycle-ONE-PIECE-SUIT-Rain-Gear-Waterproof-MOTO-Line-DIFI-/302273266818?hash=item4660e40482:g:MewAAOSwZVlXvJOc&vxp=mtr

WTF could someone be thinking wearing this?? I think one would be laughed at even at a gay-pride parade- and that takes some doing!

I could live with plain black with some reflective accents tho....

PS/Edit :D
ROTFLMAO, nevermind, LOL, "never worn, still has tags" it's no wonder gents, but even the mindset to create such a monstrosity!

LMFAO, not a product of Motoport at all.  Got to fully read the add and look at the pictures.  At least look at the pictures. :-[

NYbiomed said:
gPink said:
That's not very tolerant and inclusive is it?

Really, why not?

Stupid post. There isn't a parade on earth where I wouldnt wear my Motoport gear with pride  ;)

60,000mi on the jacket and 35,000 on my pants - look and smell like new, and there is nothing cooler or safer. 20 years of gear collecting dust in the closets; most lasting one season or 2 at most. Luckily, I can't run the girls off no matter what I wear :great: Or I look good in anything :great: or maybe attitude is everything?  :great:

:beerchug:

Hi,
        Riding a Black C14 and and wearing Black Motoport Gear....

I notice people, getting out of my way sometimes, thinking I'm a Cop!

All good, I'll take it, where I can get it!

Here's another pitch...

As Swampcat stated....

This gear is so wear resistant, that you could actually wear it for 20 years and then sell it and get half your money back...

An opinion I agree with!!! :great:

Attachments

• M-Leman-MotorOfficerCasual-sized.jpg
    M-Leman-MotorOfficerCasual-sized.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 124