• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What tires are installed on an 09?

jmoretz

Bicycle
Hello All,

Currently looking at an 09 with 7500 miles on it? Does anyone know what tires comes stock? Reading I've done so far stock tires don't get very good ratings? Hoping to use as a negociation point. All info i've found so far talk size not brand? Other strange thing is they put 2010 windshield on it?

Thanks,
John

2009 C14 OEM tires:  Bridgestone  Battlax BT-021.

Yes they have a very high suckage factor.  There is plenty of tire talk in the tire section. Coincidentally where this thread is going since it's titled and mainly about tires.

The 2010,11,12 windshield is taller than the 2008-09 OEM windshield. The 2008-09 windshield was way too low IMO. But they had a taller windshield available from the Kawasaki accessories for the 08-09 C14. That windshield became the 2010+ OEM windshield.

If the bike has 7500 miles on it, I guarantee they are not the original Bridgestone BT-021's. If they are the bottom looks like this: \_/

Something else to think about as a bargaining chip, at 15,000 miles (your 1/2 way there now) the bike needs a major service, valve adjustment, air filter, fluids change ETC. unless you do it yourself it will probably run about $600. But check with a dealer to be sure.