• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What would y'all do?

Bicycle
If you were going to go with full Ohlins front and rear and the little lady rode with ya 80%+ of the time would ya have it sprung for your combined weight or yours alone, or perhaps even half your combined? Not sure what to do here, thanks!

Wait a minute, that didn't come out right, not half your combined- I meant half your pillions weight for somewhat of a compromise between solo riding and two up.

Wow, 80% of the time eh...

That's alot more 2up than most, I'd spring it for the 80% IMO I guess...  ???

well, i would have a follow up question then... :truce:

who are you buying the suspension from and who is installing it?

if they call themselves a reputable technical company, they should be able to answer that question for you before installation.

i know when my normal mechanic, the guy who has done the suspention work on my racebikes, intalls suspension bits, he has many questions for me BEFORE he starts the work.  questions like my weight, my weight in gear, the measured power of my engine, the tracks that i am going to be riding, the gearing that i am running, the tire manufacturer that i run, and more...that way he can make an honest suggestion on what size springs to use up front and in the rear...i say talk to your suspension guy first.

IMHO

That's good advice,  I'm going to get it from Kyle Racing and I'm sure he will cover all the bases, I guess that is a lot of pillion time but I have a ZX14 for me time, but then again she loves that thing too.  ;D

1882 said:
That's good advice,  I'm going to get it from Kyle Racing and I'm sure he will cover all the bases, I guess that is a lot of pillion time but I have a ZX14 for me time, but then again she loves that thing too.  ;D

I bought my full Ohlins from Dan as well, he is very knowledgeable and asked me lot's of questions prior just as MOP posted, Dan will be the best to answer this question for you...

Oh, and tell him I said hello while you've got him on the phone...  :s_hi:  :beerchug:

The ass kicker is that she expects 186 hp/109 tq acceleration out of Connie which she has experienced many a time on the ZX14 with -1 +2 gearing. It's quite addicting indeed!

I would take advantage of the high performance aspect of the shocks more when I am alone.  When I ride two-up, I'm more conservative.  But, that's me.