• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What's that? It's the Hole In The Wall RTE...Saturday July 27

Tom NWGA

Come one, come all! An RTE in North Georgia that does NOT, I repeat NOT, involve BBQ!  Looks like homemade sausage and outstanding "awemolettes" are on order at the Hole In The Wall Restaurant on the town square in Blairsville, GA.

RTE set for Saturday, July 27 beginning at 11:00 AM. 

Here's your address information:  Hole in the Wall Restaurant
                                      Address:  90 Towns Square , Blairsville , GA  30516
                                        Phone:  706-745-5888

See registration details here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=189272&mo=7&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-07-07%27%7D

Besides the food, there are a FEW GOOD ROADS to be had in the immediate, and not so immediate, vicinity.  For me, I want to swing by Riders Hill on this trip... :motonoises: Anyone wanna buy me something?  :))

:'( My niece is getting married on the 27th and my brother has threatened me with castration if I fail to attend.  :mad:

Ranger Jim said:
:'( My niece is getting married on the 27th and my brother has threatened me with castration if I fail to attend.  :mad:

Well, nuts to you! Next time... :))

Hey Tom.....looks interesting. Just beware I saw this on a review.....

"Great place for southern food and hospitality. Friendly staff, excellent food for the price, and awesome banana pudding. Does not take debit/credit so bring cash or check. "

Make sure you bring CASH

Ranger Jim said:

Jim,

it's just no fun when you make it so easy for us.

I ate breakfast there back in May.  I don't have any vacation until Aug 7th or I would take off on Friday and be there.  300 miles for me to get there, I guess I could leave the house at 6am and meet y'all  :-\  then ride the twisties the rest of the day and go home on Sunday.  Hmmmmmm, let me stew on this awhile  :)

Please feel free to keep stewing on what I'm a brewing... :beerchug:
Would love to see you there! :motonoises:

I talked to Jean and she says she is up for it  :great: and I got a buddy who has a camper at Turners Corner campground so we got a place to stay Saturday night  So I will sign us up for this one too  :great:

Tom, I'd love to, but oddly enough, I'm working for an hour on Saturday from 11-12. Next time! Thanks for setting it up.
Ron

ron203 said:
Tom, I'd love to, but oddly enough, I'm working for an hour on Saturday from 11-12. Next time! Thanks for setting it up.
Ron

Be glad you are working...even if it is an odd hour!  :great: See you next time!

GOOD NEWS! Got some indications that brethren from down south may make an appearance at this one. Seems they have intentions on taking advantage of the roads while in the area..

AND, rumor has it that a certain Conn E. Ryder might show up....  ;)

Hey, the forum board is talking up events in September and even October.  Haven't even gotten past July yet  ;)
So, come one, come all to the Hole in the Wall on July 27th...  :great:

Tom, My wife ask if I would take her on vacation to the Mountains.. Without the bike I said!!!  ??? Then I saw this.. So, a little compromise..  :) (God is Good)  :motonoises:

Conn E.  Really wanted to come to this one.  We are having photo's taken that morning for our bluegrass CD cover.  Y'all have fun, sounds like it's gonna be fun.  And thanks again for cruising down south last weekend!! :motonoises:

We are going to record the end of September.  This will take me out of the fall rally, but it was the only weekend we could get.  Yes we do play a few gigs.  We play the 4th Sunday of every month at Hahira United Methodist Church.  It's called Bluegrass, bluejeans and bikes.  After the service we all ride somewhere for lunch.  Usually around 20 bikes.  I'll make sure to have a few copies when we get the CD done.  We are called "Lost Dogs Found"  :great:

I think I sense a new type of event in the making, RTL&E (Ride to Listen & Eat). We've got lots of music venues up in the mountains, too.

ron203 said:
I think I sense a new type of event in the making, RTL&E (Ride to Listen & Eat). We've got lots of music venues up in the mountains, too.
:great: :great:

ron203 said:
Tom! I worked that odd hour!! See you on the 27th.
Ron

In return for which we get a visit by an odd fellow... :great:

BBerry said:
Tom, My wife ask if I would take her on vacation to the Mountains.. Without the bike I said!!!  ??? Then I saw this.. So, a little compromise..  :) (God is Good)  :motonoises:

Absolutely (all the time)! Glad to have you and the missus aboard, Billy!!

reid53 said:
ron203 said:
:great: :great:
Looking forward to more suggestions for RTL&E. Next Spring we'll have the Roman Roast which involves music on Friday night.

reid53 said:
Conn E.  Really wanted to come to this one.  We are having photo's taken that morning for our bluegrass CD cover.  Y'all have fun, sounds like it's gonna be fun.  And thanks again for cruising down south last weekend!! :motonoises:

Reid, you ever heard of photoshop  :)  :great:

First Fridays in Sautee are Music on the Porch. Maybe a dinner RTE w/ Music on the Porch. Or we can look into the John C. Campbell Folk School near Murphy NC. They used to have music w/e's. Let the Googling begin! I'll keep an eye out  for the Sautee thing.

As of now, I'm planning to be there. Here's hoping the rain stays away. I'll be coming from Cleveand, TN area if anyone wants to meet up. Will go up Ocoee to Ducktown, etc, etc.

Great! Look forward to seeing you at some of our events from now on.  It's called getting the most from you COG membership!

Looks like Jean and I will come up on Friday and stay with my friend at his place at Turners Corner.  Easy ride up Saturday morning instead of busting 290  miles on Saturday morning  :great:

Good deal, Jerry! Beats hitting the road at 4 AM.

Now, if I can find some replacement parts I might also make the trip. Am doing 60K maintenance and, well, stuff happens....See Emporium for info on needs - so far  :-[

Tom, sad to say life has once again intervened. My college aged kids need me for back to school duty on Saturday. Y'all  have fun.  :-(

ron203 said:
Tom, sad to say life has once again intervened. My college aged kids need me for back to school duty on Saturday. Y'all  have fun.  :-(

Those life moments are worth taking when they occur. We'll catch you next time, buddy.

Sorry to hear that, David.  :truce: Next time, pal.

Still hoping that my part gets here on time.... :sign0085:

Volcantour said:

Now, if I can find some replacement parts I might also make the trip. Am doing 60K maintenance and, well, stuff happens....See Emporium for info on needs - so far  :-[

The part arrived!!  ;D  Fluids are changed, now will button her up and be there on two wheels instead of the dreaded four...

Volcantour said:
Volcantour said:

The part arrived!!  ;D  Fluids are changed, now will button her up and be there on two wheels instead of the dreaded four...

Great news  :great:  We will see everyone tomorrow.  Jean and I should be at Turners Corner around 8pm tonight.  I added two more people as my friend and a another guy will be there also

COGnosticat0r said:
Great news  :great:  We will see everyone tomorrow.  Jean and I should be at Turners Corner around 8pm tonight.  I added two more people as my friend and a another guy will be there also

I see you successfully recovered from our recent bout with non-registeritis. Great to have the additional support for the effort!
The Grand Poobah sent a package this way that should have a door prize or two.  Looking forward to seeing one and all!!  :motonoises:

Looks like there's gonna be a contingent from NW Georgia making the trip. The NW Georgia Posse rides again!!  See you girls there!

Watching the radar this morning looks like some rain,who cares,get rain gear on ,roll her out into a monsoon,start her up and take off not 2 miles from house oncoming car drenches me so what keep riding another one drenches me keep riding and seat feels a little cool come to find out I have an indoor pool in my pants,cheap rainsuits (40.00) suck water came right up through the seat of the pants screw it not riding 200mi like this :( gotta cancel sorry-holy crap there's a river going down my street,keeping connie ,going looking for a boat--Have Fun

Roger

Sorry you couldn't make it. We had nary a drop all day and plenty of cool, overcast skies. :great: 

The group met in downtown Blairsville and took up three tables in the upstairs room of the Hole In The Wall Cafe. Had a great time  talking whilst taking in some really good food.  Then we saddled up and headed down US 129 and Wolfpen Gap Road (go figure) to arrive at Two Wheels Suches for a brief layover before going on to Dahlonega and Riders Hill.  Did some shopping and more talking while one fellow went for gas and passed the place - twice - before finding us.  Mike gets the Tom-Tom award for errant wayfinding.  It was a GREAT day and, thanks to those that came along for the ride, I had a wonderful time.

Ya'll ride safe, and keep your eyes and ears posted for our next RTE in August...

Attachments

• at Riders Hill in Dahlonega.jpg
    at Riders Hill in Dahlonega.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 87
Good food, great people and really great riding.  Weather was perfect all day.  Got up and left Turners Corner, north on 129, then over to Richard Russell then to Helen then north on 75 back across 180 to 129 and north into Blairsville  :great:  Then the ride after lunch to Riders hill was another great one.  A lack of other vehicles on the road made it a great run.  See y'all on the next one.

After I got up this morning I decided to do the cooler run, again 129 north from turners corner, west on Wolf Pen gap then south on 60 and left on 19 back to Turners Corner.  I have decided to rename this the Wildlife run.  When I made the turn on that 360 degree hairpen on Wolf Pen gap Rd there was a black bear standing in the middle of the road.  I stopped and blew the horn a few time and he took off for the woods, a little later two deer on the side of the road, then a rabbit tried to commit suicide by bike, but failer  ;D  and a mess of crows eating other dead animals.  Not one vehicle on Wolf Pen gap this morning  :beerchug:

If you hit that bear, you better kill it. Went over that road last week and saw nothing but one other rider who was stopped having a break.  Cool sightings.

The food was great, great folks, perfect weather, what more can you ask for .. Oh yeah, and great riding..  :)