• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wheel valve stem question

Strawboss

I've been toying with replacing the factory straight valve stems. I see that the 1st generation had TPMS hardware on them. Will regular 90 degree valve stems fit my '22? Puig sells some real nice green ones.

I have never been in a position where the straight valves were a problem in my 15 years of C14 ownership. I do carry a add on 90 degree just in case I'm ever in a spot that dictates it. Inexpensive & easily screws right on the straight valve.

Just a PITA for me when I go to check my air pressure. It's never been different from what the TPM says but I like to trust but verify numbers.

The Redneck engineering rascal in me simply drills a hole in the wheel 180 degrees from the factory hole and installs a 90 degree valve stem. Take your pick on which brand of valve stem to buy. Doing this reduces the amount of wheel weight required to balance the TPS sensor's weight. Now I can easily get to the tight area of the front wheel where the new valve stem is. The rear wheel stock TPS valve stem is also easier to get to than the front.... however... it was not really an issue to begin with... its just a little bit easier now with the 2nd valve stem installed.

I just made two more 90s air chucks up, and while shopping at Harbor Freight I came upon this

Because of my business, I have several trucks with dually wheels,

So I have several air chucks with and without gauges, extended but nothing works on our bike

I never do reviews, but that gauge was made for this bike:giggle:

It comes with a battery, so you can use it in the dark,

and nice and big so an old guy can read it:rolleyes:

OK, lets try this, does anybody have a C-14 newer than 2015 that has aftermarket 90 degree valve stems and if you do, are they a simple screw in application? It looks like the older 1st generation needs a specific type like what Murph sells that deals with the TPMS.