• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where are the New 2012 Connies? Not here at the NEFL dealerhips?

marnerider6

Training Wheels
The wife and I spent the last couple of nice Saturdays here in Northeast Florida riding with stops at the local NEFL Kaw dealers (Yulee-1 dlr, Jacksonville 2 dlrs, St. Augustine- 1 dlr) and noticed lots of  Kaw bike model inventory, but no 2012 Connie’s. The only excepttion, the ST. Augustine dlr had just one 2012 Cherry wine model on the floor. The other dealerships said they are still waiting on their orders of 2012s to arrive.

So, this observation of Connie shortages makes me inquisitive... is the popularity of the Connie producing a backlog of dealer orders for the factory to the point that demand can't create them fast enough to fulfill orders? Or did the Japan tsunami impact the suppliers and factory production? Or do the bulk of the orders go the stronger regional market dealerships first.

Have you seen a 2012 Connie shortage at the Kaw dealerships in your regional stores? If so, what’s your supposition on this observation of 2012 Connie shortages at the dealers?

Thanks, just curios

I dropped by two of the six dealers in my area this week. One had just received a 2012, and the rest said to wait until mid/late Feburary. This was in the St Louis, MO area.

It's that time of year when most dealers have lower inventories for a couple of reasons. First being winter. Historically, motorcycles do not sell very well between fall and winter. So dealers tend to keep lower inventories on hand. They may boost inventory in other lines like ATVs or Snowmobiles (in the northern climates).
    Then you have the new model year bikes not coming out in large numbers until more of spring/summer months, when they sell better.  So they may not have a large stock on bikes in January. But some dealers do get the newer models in earlier than others. So you may have to shop around to get them. The good part is that dealers may deal with better prices in the months when sales are slower. But you may have to shop around a little bit more.
  A member on here bought his C14 up north like this. Steve bought his C14 in New Jersey about two years ago. He flew up and rode the bike back to Tampa or Miami (one or the other). The cost saving buying up north in the winter months was well worth it to him. So travel can make it worth your while some times.

Here's a 2012 in West Virginia for $13,600.    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-CONCOURS-14-W-ABS-2012-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-14-W-ABS-YOUR-CHOICE-COLOR-BLACK-RED-/150745745488?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2319258850

Here's a 2011 in New Jersey @ the same place Steve bought his, for $11,200.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-ZG-1400-CBF-ZG1400-CONCORSE-14-ANTI-LOCK-BRAKES-NEW-2011-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-14-ABS-ZG1400CBF-/270899994249?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3f12e5de89

Here's another 2011 in Michigan for $12,800.    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-Tour-NEW-2011-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-EARLY-BIRD-WINS-SALE-/130638262440?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1e6aa5b0a8

Apparently there were a lot of sub-assembly factories located around the nuke plant meltdown site. I just saw a story that said that Toyota car shipments were slowed by the parts stream slowdown. I wonder how many of the sub components of motorcycle came out of that area, too?

Your post got me to thinking? It had been a few months since I had been by our local dealer here in S. Alabama (Daphne) a ltl N of Mobile. Quick ride over and was greeted by a brand NEW Coffee Red 2012!

Regards
phillip

I'm in Binghamton NY nothing here yet but a left over 2011 that "you can have for around fourteen two", that was yesterday at my local dealer...I passed

I'm looking hard at the ebay link in WV (its since ended), I have dealt with them on a new KTM quad and can vouch for the dealer...Straight deal no BS would repeat with them..

Mike

I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area and picked up my 2012 last Tuesday.  It now sits nicely in my garage.  By the way, I paid much lower than the flee-bay ad listed above.  It's nice to have a dealer that treats my well.

AshvilleOhio said:
I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area and picked up my 2012 last Tuesday.  It now sits nicely in my garage.  By the way, I paid much lower than the flee-bay ad listed above.  It's nice to have a dealer that treats my well.

I am in Columbus also. Congrats on the new Concours. I rode mine pretty much every day last week. Sunday was a beautiful day. Its going to be over 50 today and Sunny.
Tim

AshvilleOhio said:

Well good for you !!

If you don't mind me asking (PM me if you like) can you give me an idea of what you paid before tax and tags ??

I'm trying to get a feel for how much wiggle room these dealers have..

THX,
Mike