• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where to mount the GoPro cam ??

bagger

Moped
I have a GoPro camera that I want to mount to the C14.  I'd like to mount it low so I can see the front tire/suspension move as I ride.

Anyone have this camera?  If so, where did you mount it? 

And, the lack of a remote on/off is a problem, too.  When do you turn the camera on as you enter some  twisties or interesting views?

I have a lipstick camera that I have mounted under the faring of my Wing so I can see the road and the suspension move.  Very nice.  I can use the remote DVR to activate the camera.  No remote for the GoPro.  I do have the back pack unit, tho. 

Suggestions? 

Bagger - I used the suction mount on the side of the fairing just below and behind the point of the the turn signal. I had the arm and right angle adapter set so the camera hung down and inverted. You can see the results here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJPY9D9sEU 

It's recorded in 1080p and rendered down to 720p for youtube. Watch it in 720 full screen. As you can see, you'd need to mount it back a little further to see the forks. With the camera back, it should be pretty easy to get it right.

I just turn mine on when I get ready to head for the tasty bits. With a fully charged battery and a 16gig card, you can record for about 2 hours. After that you'd need to recharge the battery. I found out that it only will record for 30 minutes at a time, but it will keep recording creating a new file. So for a full two hours you'd wind up with 4 files you'd need to combine.

I did the same.  I'd like to put one of the permanent mounts on but I don't know where I would put it.

Obviously they work. But I would be nervous that I might lose the camera if I hit a bump in a turn!  :-\

JP .... enjoyed the vid.  Nice work.  I'll try your mount and see if there is a better way to mount the camera.  GPSCity hass a bunch of mounts that I'll look thru as well. 

I'd really like a way to turn the camera on and off remotely, but I suppose stopping the bike, firing up the camera (or hooking it up) is a small price to pay.

Thanx.

Cap'n Bob said:
Obviously they work. But I would be nervous that I might lose the camera if I hit a bump in a turn!  :-\

I tie a string safety tether to mine.  If the suction cup lets go it won't fall.  Hasn't let go yet though.  That cup really sucks!