• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where would you ride - 3 days starting in Boca Raton?

Swampy

Scooter
Swampy/Swampette need to get back on the Connie - been a bit unmotivated as we have recently had a week long tour of Alps 2-up  :nananana: and the idea of riding in flatland S. FL. is a bit ....  :-[

So if you lived near Boca and had three days to ride - say Friday at 3 until Monday night .... where and what roads would you hit?

Another option is throw Connie on stinger trailer and drive highway late into Friday night and start somewhere else (don't flame me purist tourers  :truce:....we ride 2-up and 8 hours on I95N is too boooooring for us - even on a Connie.

Ideas welcomed and thanks!

95 and 26 up to the western NC/SC/GA area.

if you wanted to trailer to my place near Charlotte, then jump on the bike and head north and west from here, you're welcome to.

There are some wonderful places to visit in Florida AND there are curvy roads too if you know where to go.
Looks at this  to get you started.
http://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/florida/articles/the-10-most-beautiful-towns-in-florida/
The Ozello Trail (Florida's mini Tail of the Dragon), Micanopy and Cedar Key are great places and can be done in a single day. If you like Clam Chowder the best any where (better than being in boston)  is Tony's in Cedar Key.
Then take a ride across the middle of the state and stop at Sugar Loaf  http://tinyurl.com/h9r5dlp  You can see both east and west coasts of Florida at the same time  (Alaska too  if your name is Sara) and then  stop in the town of Mount Dora nearby.
When you get to  the east coast stop in old St Augustine and visit the fortress  and walk around the old town then come down A1A and do the  Daytona Loop.  http://tinyurl.com/he3pdv4

Thanks all - good stuff and appreciate the offer. Weather is supposed to be so-so and will probably stay in FL this go round. I'm thinking of doing the Florida "alps" route which follows the highest point back-bone of the state culminating with the ever so popular 5th highest point at 315 feet  :rotflmao: Okay it ain't Passo Stelvio at 7000 meters BUT it will be warm, the gas isnt $10/gallon and you dont get 90Euro speeding tickets for 20 km over the limit in the mail  :-\

Besides - there is opportunity to hit a bunch of small winding loops I have yet to hit....trying to download the GPXs to my Garmin tonight.

Will be nice to fill the hard bags and get out and ride again in the FL countryside.

Iff'n it works out, Gator Joe's in Ocklawaha, and do Forest Road 8, AKA, 182nd Ave SE, east of there. As long as you are in the area, Emeralda Island Dr does not suck.

BTW, Gator Joe's is closed on Mondays.

I somehow forgot my favorite restaurant, The Yearling, not far from Micanopy. Check their website for hours, they are quite limited. And go to the room on the right for Mr Green doing the Blues.

Swampy,

Going to be pretty nice here in Boca this wknd. Lower 60's in the AM, then up to 80ish.  The suggestions of Steve J & Mike D. are all good. Enjoy. I understand the leaves are at the peak in the NC mtns tho......

Larry