• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

While we're at the 2018 National; "Nimitz Museum"

connie_rider

While we're at the 2018 National; I plan to go to see the "Nimitz Museum" in Fredericksburg Texas.
This Museum is a "not well known" WW-II Museum that is very interesting and it's huge..
  http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/your-visit/admiral-nimitz-museum/

Here is a Video Tour that gives you a quick look.
  http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/your-visit/video-tour/

For those that don't recognize "Nimitz".
    He was the US Fleet Admiral of the Pacific War. Was born in Fredericksburg.
      {Spent a lot of his time butting heads with General MacArthur}

My plan is to meet at the YO, ride to Fredericksburg, see the Museum, and ride back. {possibly on Wed.}

NOTES: 1) Anyone with an interest in WW-II history needs a weekend to completely see this museum.
                    I plan to see it in about 3 hours... <grin>
            2) ie; I might be able to arrange us special parking and maybe a tour guide to show us the highlights.
                    {we might have to chip in a few bucks for a tour guide}
            3} This trip is not currently in the COG schedule.
                      {If there is enough interest, we might be able to get it added}

"So",,,,, Does anyone want to go with me? 

Add you Questions/discussion...

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I got involved with the Museum when I had a plaque made in memory of my Uncles that fought in the Pacific.
      That plaque is now in the Memorial Courtyard if anyone wants to see it?         

1 small display at the Museum is "the" Japanese Midget sub {HA. 19}  that washed ashore after the Pearl Harbor attack..
    It's a lot bigger than you think. {78 ft long}
  http://military.wikia.com/wiki/HA._19_(Japanese_Midget_Submarine)

Side note; The Pilot of that sub, Ensign Kazuo Sakamaki was in Texas after the war, and was surprised to learn that his sub was in Fredericksburg.
So,,, he went to the Museum, met the Museum team, discussed the sub, {and his capture}.
NOTE: He was the first Japanese POW of WW-II.
          At some point in his life, he also met the Soldier that captured him...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
"So",,,,, Does anyone want to go with me?     

I'm interested...

I didn't know living fossils (you) were allowed to visit museums.  :nananana: :))

NOPE: "You-r" not allowed to visit the Museum.  :rotflmao:

(on the other hand) I "am" part of the Museum.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Harry, are you gonna be at the National?
        C'mon down and Join us.
          COGgers is friendly folks.
              We'll talk to {almost} "anyone".  :nananana:

Great, any questions/idea's?

Did  I mention; the Museum's air conditioned?
                      the Wife's can spend the time exploring Fredericksburg and shopping if they aren't interested in the Museum?
                      there is an ice cream shop nearby?

Ted

I'm still looking for an airconditioned space suit to protect me from that humid biohazardous atmosphere you live in.

giphy.gif

Count me in!  I was planning to go also.  I've read everything I could get my hands on about the various Naval actions in the Pacific during WW2.  I even joined the Navy.

Wayne

Harry Martin said:
I'm still looking for an airconditioned space suit to protect me from that humid biohazardous atmosphere you live in.

giphy.gif

We have your suit ready, you will go on a diet of red beans for a week before donning the suit, required asstronaut prep procedure.  :))

Houston OUT

gr33nmAn

PanAm52 said:
Count me in!  I was planning to go also.  I've read everything I could get my hands on about the various Naval actions in the Pacific during WW2.  I even joined the Navy.
Wayne

See you there Wayne.
If I can get the Colonel to be our guide, everyone would enjoy it.
He is very knowledgeable, and has lot's of "behind the scenes" stories about the displays.

Unfortunately we won't be there on a weekend.
  On some weekends they do live reenactments of an attack. {including a tank and flame thrower}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I joined the Navy too... 6 times / 24 years

I took a solo ride there last September and spent a little over four hours at the museum.  Great place to visit.

Ranger Jim said:
:confuse: Why does a NAVY museum have a tank?  Have to discuss with SWMBO.

Ok, good question;  I'll X-plian' ..
      There are 2 museum's. The Nimitz Museum and the Museum of the Pacific War.
        The Nimitz Museum is based on Admiral Nimitz.
        The Museum of the Pacific War is based on everyone that was involved in the pacific war.
      The Navy had Marines and Soldiers aboard their ships.
        The Marines/Soldiers had tanks that they took ashore with them to fight the Japanese.
        {& the Japanese also had tanks}

NOTE: The Tank at the Reenactment is a Japanese Tank..
              And the Marines have a flamethrower..
                                {Hint Hint}  :great:

Extra point question: Does anyone know why a Tank is called a Tank??

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ranger Jim said:
:confuse: Why does a NAVY museum have a tank?  Have to discuss with SWMBO.

There are 2 museum's. The Nimitz Museum and the Museum of the pacific war.
Plus; The Navy had Marines (and soldiers) aboard, and they had tanks that they took ashore with them to fight the Japanese that also had tanks...
NOTE: The tank at the Reenactment is a Japanese tank..

Ride safe, Ted
Now See! I'm glad you capitalized the M in Marine Teddums. I may be in if jarheads are allowed  ;) :beerchug:

"Old Guy on a Connie" your very welcome to go with us..

As I sed before;  COGgers is friendly folks.  We'll talk to {almost} "anyone".    :nananana:
I even have proof;  We've already told Harry he could go..  :great:

Jim, tell your SWMBO; The Museum's air conditioned.
                                There is an ice cream shop nearby..                 
                                &,, {If she isn't interested in the Museum,,} 
                                        "She" can spend her time, exploring Fredericksburg, while shopping and spending "your" money,                                    
                                          {Glad I could help}  :)

Now,,, back to the planning;
                  Does anyone "else" want to go with me us?

Did ya'll notice I snuck in a subliminal message? {hint,,, red, white, and blue}
And, {I'm proud of myself as a Navy guy} I didn't even talk bad about the Marines and Army guys....  {yet}

Ride safe, Ted

OOH! OOH!  I know why a tank is called a tank. However, since I was an Armor guy I should recuse myself due to an unfair advantage. :-X

Your right, you have an advantage.
      So,,, Give em' a hint..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I'm Armor too {kinda}. {(Dad was Armor for 20 yrs)}

Ranger Jim said:
OOH! OOH!  I know why a tank is called a tank. However, since I was an Armor guy I should recuse myself due to an unfair advantage. :-X

apache111.jpg

We love tanks!!!!! From US ARMY Aviation with love!!!!

Ted... we're in!!!!
But 24 miles away, are there fuel stops on the way?

Thanks for posting this. Sounds cool
After our visit to the Fort Leonard Wood museum, will this be a new tradition?

We'll have to have a National near Dayton OH so we can go to the Air Force museum.

Jorge said:
Ted... we're in!!!!
    I know you get tired easily. You can ride on the back of your bride's bike if it's too tough for you.

Not sure about annual, but whenever possible.

We'll have to have a National near Dayton OH so we can go to the Air Force museum.
    Would love to see that.
        Did I just see you volunteer to put on the next COG National??                  :friends:

Geez, your a great guy..  Congratulations!! We "accept" your nomination!!!   
  :bravo_2:
Ride safe, Ted

Sorry... too late. You should have asked mew when we were still North Central...
You do know that Ohio is in the NC region right? :pokestick:

Jorge said:
Sorry... too late. You should have asked mew when we were still North Central...
You do know that Ohio is in the NC region right? :pokestick:

And your point "is"????
  Your now doing "OtP" and arranging rides "in Europe".
    Ohio, would be just a hop, skip, and a jump from you...

Ride safe, Ted

UPDATE: I received a reply from the Nimitz Museum today.
                  They gave me about 500 Nimitz Brochures to put out at Rally Registration.
                As far as the Museum trip planning;  Things are looking good..........
                    Their working on special parking and arranging a *guide. {that has lots of details on the Museum Displays}...

Now,,, back to the planning; 
                Who "else" want's to go with us?

Ride safe, Ted

err, PS: I want to share my apologies in advance..  :sorry:
                It appears that our **Guide is gonna' be a "Marine" Colonel.
                    {But, I'm sure I can help him}.
                          <sneaky grin> {Fly Navy  :great:}

Then it shall be a proper tour and you will have to take your hands out of your pockets  :)) :)) :))

Old Man on a Connie said:
Then it shall be a proper tour and you will have to take your hands out of your pockets  :)) :)) :))

"You can't handle the tour!!!!!!"

Jack-Nicolson-you-cant-handle-the-tr.jpg

:):):):):):))

kv5e said:
"You can't handle the tour!!!!!!"

Jack-Nicolson-you-cant-handle-the-tr.jpg

:):):):):):))

That's a perfect picture of "our Guide"...
  Look's just like him as he discusses the Museum's finer points...
      {But his face get's a little redder}...

More, more people!!
  Who else wants to go with us to the Nimitz??

Ride safe, Ted

Ride safe, Ted

It has been awhile since anyone posted, and we got a little off track.
  Soooo, I decided to bring this post up again.

I think information about the ride might be listed on the National Rally site.
But this ride is not part of any planned group ride.

It is just me;
      I'm planning a personal day ride, and asking if any other COGger Buddies want to go with me...
        (I need to know how many are going so I can make arrangements for a guide/parking etc...)

"So", who else is interested??  :08:

Ride safe, Ted

I have it set up for Wednesday.
I'm thinking; we have a leisurely breakfast at the Motel, then roll out at 9:00 Am.

NOTE: I've made contact with my friend at the Nimitz Museum and she's working on arrangements. {parking/guide}
          Last year, we had a Memorial Plaque made for my Uncles that served in the Pacific. That plaque is now in the memorial area.
          While arranging the Plaque, I worked with her and the Colonel.

Not sure what festivities are planned at the Motel then night, but I plan to be back in plenty of time for those...

Ride safe, Ted

Hey, Ted

Count me in. Sounds like fun. Back during the last hill country rally in 98? 99? Whenever... Mr. Dombrowe and I took a day ride to the aircraft carrier down in Corpus Christi and had a pretty good time looking around in it. We were the only two in our tour group, so we got a pretty special tour. I gotta say, the only reason we decided to ride to the gulf that day was we thought it was going to be cooler near the water than where we were. But strangely enough, the closer we got to the coast, the hotter it got! (Whodathunkit?)  :-[  Was pretty warm that day. It was my last year wearing full black leather riding gear.  :truce:

If it gets too warm this year I'll just put the top up!  :)  Looking forward to the rally!  :great:

Good deal Jerry.
We'll see you there.

The Carrier {Lexington} in Corpus was the only Ship I was on while in the Navy.
We did a COG weekend ride to see her several years ago.
You'll see pictures of her at the Museum in the Pacific.
    I think she took a Kamikaze hit at Okinawa.

Some might opt go see the Lex. while at the National this year..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Good deal Jerry.
We'll see you there.

The Carrier {Lexington} in Corpus was the only Ship I was on while in the Navy.
We did a COG weekend ride to see her several years ago.
You'll see pictures of her at the Museum in the Pacific.
    I think she took a Kamikaze hit at Okinawa.

Some might opt go see the Lex. while at the National this year..

Ride safe, Ted

True, it did take a hit. There is a plac mounted on a railing at the fantail describing the hit and the ensuing carnage along with the names of the sailors that lost their lives in the attack.    :(

Great Jim.    I know you'll enjoy it..

Last weekend we did a ride from Kerrville, to Fredericksburg. {to see the Museum and check in with my contact there}...
As of now; Our guide is not locked in, but we do have private parking arranged inside the Museum complex...

After the Museum check in; we went past Enchanted Rock to Llano {for lunch at Coopers BBQ} and then we returned to Kerrville via some twisty rode back roads.  {Total loop was about 150 miles}
My thought is to use the same route when we do our Museum Trip..

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kerrville,+Texas+78028/Fredericksburg,+Texas+78624/National+Museum+of+the+Pacific+War/Enchanted+Rock+State+Natural+Area/Llano,+Texas+78643/Cooper's+Old+Time+Pit+Bar-B-Que/Castell,+Texas+76831/Doss,+Texas/Harper,+Texas+78631/Kerrville,+Texas+78028/@30.4072548,-99.5209523,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m61!4m60!1m5!1m1!1s0x86597161d333dbff:0xb7837af6efd44c27!2m2!1d-99.1403189!2d30.0474332!1m5!1m1!1s0x865bc054afb26a77:0xc4af3bb05f31c29b!2m2!1d-98.8719843!2d30.2752011!1m5!1m1!1s0x865bc0586b6ca4d3:0x3b43747349eb57dd!2m2!1d-98.8676821!2d30.2730184!1m5!1m1!1s0x865bec1584eb84e7:0xf758d5a9830ee484!2m2!1d-98.820064!2d30.50613!1m5!1m1!1s0x865a4c1f667d3a93:0x29d1146e8de2b385!2m2!1d-98.6750379!2d30.7593452!1m5!1m1!1s0x865a4fc7561c3fbd:0xa8b78b2ca9d9e8cc!2m2!1d-98.6821066!2d30.7592141!1m5!1m1!1s0x865a316d4ade342f:0xc8146e919c6c82e5!2m2!1d-98.9564372!2d30.7010128!1m5!1m1!1s0x865bd60aec9b8d8d:0x53d79e804e3ef3bd!2m2!1d-99.1305389!2d30.4446822!1m5!1m1!1s0x865963d0c07db8d3:0xc68f90544b5eeb2c!2m2!1d-99.2442144!2d30.2999195!1m5!1m1!1s0x86597161d333dbff:0xb7837af6efd44c27!2m2!1d-99.1403189!2d30.0474332

I haven't done a recent count, but I think we have a bout 10-12 that plan to go?
  Who  else wants to go with us???

Ride safe, Ted

Let me know if I have this correct??
I count 12 Lucky Individuals that plan to go..??

We'll be leaving the YO at 9:00 AM on Wednesday.
{We're going to see the Nimitz/WW-II Museum's in Fredericksburg,, and then do a little BBQ eating, and riding}..
Approx. return time is around 4:00 PM..

Ted A
Harry M
John ?
Richard W
Wayne S
Mark H
Ralf {OtP Traveler}
Andre {OtP Traveler}
Jorge S
Irene S
Russel F
Jerry L
Jim B

Anybody else interested in seeing the Nimitz and WW-II Museum of the Pacific??

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, don't forget me - Jim B, or were you calling me a John? My wife won't be happy to hear I've adopted that life style.

Ted

That is not the exact route we used in going from Llano back to Kerrville.  We went down RR 152, which is more scenic and has more twisties than Hwy 29.  Not sure if you made that change on purpose or by accident.

Steve

Sorry about that Cookie, your now Jim B on the list.
Not sure who John is? Someone said they intended to ride with us,,,  and "John" would come too??

Thanx SATXRIDER, I will add RR152 to the route...

Ride safe, Ted

Great!! 
    I'll {probably} add you to the list..  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: Your mention of Cindy made me remember;
              I think the "Ladies Breakfast" may also be on Wednesday?
                    I haven't seen a schedule of events for the National??
                        Has 1 been posted??

I still don't have a "firm" that we'll get our Marine Guide at the Museum.
I think I'll mention to the Museum that we'll have Marines in our group.
  Problem is, that might scare the other participants away??  <grin>  ;)

Anybody else interested in joining our little group?

Ride safe, Ted {Fly Navy}

Wasn't Marines just another department of the Navy?!
I exNavy, so I ain't a-feered... (like Ted).

I would really like to attend. 
Could also visit my brother while down there.

giphy.gif

Harry, your already on the list;

We'll be leaving the YO at 9:00 AM on Wednesday.
{We're going to see the Nimitz/WW-II Museum's in Fredericksburg,, and then do a little BBQ eating, and riding}..
Approx. return time is around 4:00 PM..

Ted A
Harry M
John H
Richard W
Wayne S
Mark H
Ralf {OtP Traveler}
Andre {OtP Traveler}
Jorge S
Irene S
Russell F
Jerry L
Jim B
Jim C {probable}
Cindy C {maybe}
Ron S
Katie S

Anybody else interested in seeing the Nimitz and WW-II Museum of the Pacific??

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If anyone's wondering, I'm picking mostly on "the Old Guy/Mark" when I do the "Marine" notes.
      I actually like Marines... {kinda handy to have around when the Navy needs some fightin' done}...  :great:

So much misplaced love  ;) If the Navy can get us there We guarantee we can break it.  :) :beerchug: Here is a question I've always wondered. When ya gotta go how long does it take to unbutton them 7 buttons on the fly of those bell bottoms  >:D

So much misplaced love  ;) If the Navy can get us there We guarantee we can break it.  :) :beerchug: Here is a question I've always wondered. When ya gotta go how long does it take to unbutton them 7 buttons on the fly of those bell bottoms  >:D

The short answer is...too long.
If you was smart, you paid extra to either install zippers or velcro.
Most didn't have the money and/or smarts to "fix" their uniforms.

Those Navy guys only need to undo one button..........if you get my drift.......... ;D :hee20hee20hee:

gr33nmAn

Hence the Dixie cup?  :)) With all due respect one of my favorite movies of all time. The sand pebbles. With cousin Steve (keep in mind cousin Steve was a jarhead). Sailors with M1's. They didn't hit much but they hung in there. Prop's.  :great: :beerchug: Looking forward to the tour Teddum's. You get me a gyrene guide now ya hear? :)

Hence the Dixie cup?  :)) With all due respect one of my favorite movies of all time. The sand pebbles. With cousin Steve (keep in mind cousin Steve was a jarhead). Sailors with M1's. They didn't hit much but they hung in there. Prop's.  :great: :beerchug: Looking forward to the tour Teddum's. You get me a gyrene guide now ya hear? :)

Great movie!

Here's two more of my favorites:

Cinderella Liberty (1973) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069883/
The Last Detail (1973): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070290/

Ted, want a couple of Georgians along?  If you do, Katie & I will join in.  ;D

Sure, we'll talk to anyone..  <grin>
    Ya'll are welcome.

I'll add you to the list...

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: There are 13 obvious buttons {and 1 hidden one} on the Cracker Jack trousers'.

:'( Looks like Cindy & I will have to come off the list. Seems the Ladies Breakfast will conflict.  So much to do. So little time.

We probably will still go to the museum, just not with the "special" folks.

Arghhh, I was so hoping to see your interaction with the "Colonel"...  :-[
He outranks me just a bit...

I see you confirmed the Ladies breakfast is that Wednesday.
    Is there now a posted "schedule of events" for the National?

Ride safe, Ted

The list of events will be posted shortly.

Thanks Craig. "Great".
I know your bride will be at the breakfast. Are you going to the Nimitz with us??
    {NOTE: We'll talk to anyone}........  :-[

Ride safe, Ted

Really??? The ladies breakafast will conflict?  Irene will have a hard time deciding.
We may end up having a "Day 2 visit to the museum...  darn!

connie_rider said:
I still don't have a "firm" that we'll get our Marine Guide at the Museum.
I think I'll mention to the Museum that we'll have Marines in our group.
  Problem is, that might scare the other participants away??  <grin>  ;)

Anybody else interested in joining our little group?

Ride safe, Ted {Fly Navy}
Man I wish I was closer I would love to go. (FLY MARINES) :nananana:

Wish you could be here too. We could use your help.
ie; A {flying} Marine in the group might be able to interpret what he's saying for us..

Ride safe, Ted

Anybody else interested?
  Did I mention, the Museum is air-conditioned and next door to an ice-cream store..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Jorge said:
Ted... we're in!!!!
    I know you get tired easily. You can ride on the back of your bride's bike if it's too tough for you.

Not sure about annual, but whenever possible.

Would love to see that.
        Did I just see you volunteer to put on the next COG National??                  :friends:

Geez, your a great guy..  Congratulations!! We "accept" your nomination!!!   
  :bravo_2:
Ride safe, Ted

Ted, don't do that to him!  lol

Jorge said:
Really??? The ladies breakafast will conflict?  Irene will have a hard time deciding.
We may end up having a "Day 2 visit to the museum...  darn!

Relax, I'm going to the Nimitz Museum.  I'm not going to miss that opportunity.

Irene

No lunch needed, and eat a light breakfast.
We will be going to "Coopers BBQ" after the Museum,, for some good Texas BBQ...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Let me guess...

giphy.gif

Harry Martin said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Let me guess...

giphy.gif

Possum on the half-shell  !!!!!!!  :)) :popcorncouple:

[/quote]

Let me guess...

giphy.gif

[/quote]

Possum on the half-shell  !!!!!!!  :)) :popcorncouple:
[/quote]

Oh my goodness!

Irene

Swampcat said:
****ey's in Plano???  :-\  :D  :rotflmao:

10 years ago it was better, but I can think of 20 other places I would have listed before ****ey's

Welcome to the group Ed and Bob.
I'm trying to get in touch with the Museum to check the final arrangement's, but all seems to be on track.
See ya'll soon.

Here is the list as I have it. Room for more if others are interested...

Ride safe, Ted

Ted A
Harry M
John H
Richard W
Wayne S Cnx
Mark H
Ralf {OtP Traveler}
Andre {OtP Traveler}
Jorge S
Irene S
Russell F
Jerry L
Jim B
Jim C {maybe}
Cindy C {maybe}
Ron S
Katie S
Ed P
Bob S

connie_rider said:
Welcome to the group Ed and Bob.
I'm trying to get in touch with the Museum to check the final arrangement's, but all seems to be on track.
See ya'll soon.

Here is the list as I have it. Room for more if others are interested...

Ride safe, Ted

Ted A
Harry M
John H
Richard W
Wayne S Cnx
Mark H
Ralf {OtP Traveler}
Andre {OtP Traveler}
Jorge S
Irene S
Russell F
Jerry L
Jim B
Jim C {maybe}
Cindy C {maybe}
Ron S
Katie S
Ed P
Bob S

I'm glad to see that I'm not going to be the only lady present with the group.  Katie is wonderful!

Irene

I just realized; I'm not sure that I mentioned the cost to see the Museum?

If not, here it is..  {NOTE: If you choose to go back another day, ticket cost is for 2 days at the museum}

WWII Veterans: Free
Adults: $15
Seniors 65+: $12
Military w/ID (active or retired): $10 (ID must be presented when you arrive at the museum)
Children 6+ & Students w/ID: $7  (ID must be presented when you arrive at the museum)
Children 5 & under: Free
School Groups (advance reservation required):  Free
Bus Tours/Groups (advance reservation required): $8

I'm going to attempt to get the Group rate ($8), but doubtful I can.
  Update; We got the $8 group rate.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

If not, here it is..  {NOTE: If you choose to go back another day, ticket cost is for 2 days at the museum}

Military w/ID (active or retired): $10 (ID must be presented when you arrive at the museum)
Children 6+ & Students w/ID: $7  (ID must be presented when you arrive at the museum)

Ride safe, Ted

Shoot, it ain't that hard...Just tell them we is all 5 or under.

Harry,  in your case, it might work.
  But,,, you have to shave your mustache, wear a wig, ride in a baby stroller, say nothing,,,, and have a pacifier in your mouth.
                                                                          ;)

The good news "is" my crying and whining worked.  We got the $8 group rate.
  The bad news "is" we didn't get the Marine Colonel I wanted as a guide. {But we have another Guide arranged}.
  More bad news;  Someone has to push Harry in the baby Stroller...   

PS:  I may need some help here. {as I'll be doing arrangements for the group}..
  The lady (Stephanie Hagee) that is helping us, wants a ride on a motorcycle, and also/maybe some of the other Ladies that work there.....
    Is anyone willing to take some ladies for a quick ride on there motorcycle?   :motonoises:

PS: Stephanie's Dad/General Hagee is the President of the Museum...
          So, "NO" wheelies thru town..

Ride safe, Ted

Harry Martin said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

I might try pulling out my grad school ID and seeing if they'll give me the student rate. The Dalí Museum in St. Petersburg does.

(Actually, probably won't...I am 100% behind supporting efforts like this to preserve our history.)

funsize said:
Thanks Ted for getting this all arranged. I'm so looking forward to it.
Irene 

Not-a problem.
    I'm more than happy to arrange a Baby Stroller ride for Harry...

Irene, Harry needs a baby bonnet to make his "under 5" attempt more plausible.
          Can you bring a Giant one for his swollen head so he doesn't have to wear a wig?
            "Plus" I think he'll look cute.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Geez, some people (ie; Harry) will do anything to save $8.00..  :-[

Swampcat said:
Harry Martin said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

I might try pulling out my grad school ID and seeing if they'll give me the student rate. The Dalí Museum in St. Petersburg does.

(Actually, probably won't...I am 100% behind supporting efforts like this to preserve our history.)

Ed, I think at least three  of  us have faculty ID's. We could've said we were hosting a "Senior enrichment" tour....

Ted asked me to post the route he planed, I followed it as close as I could. One of you "adventurous" souls may have to load it into Ted's GPS for him.
I've titled it Ted's Nimitz Adventure Tour.
Don't let the "Adventure" part of the title fool you, as far as I know Ted doesn't have any off pavement stuff planed so you don't need an Adventure bike to
take the ride. I put that in the title because I've been told that "riding with Ted is always an adventure".  :D
Now I won't say who told me that  :-X but his screen name rhymes with Got No Mild Jerky.

Link to Route files---->  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/112x_b4SVi3pXb7wfZP6jMlUOxy77UNW4 

connie_rider said:
funsize said:
Thanks Ted for getting this all arranged. I'm so looking forward to it.
Irene 

Not-a problem.
    I'm more than happy to arrange a Baby Stroller ride for Harry...

Irene, Harry needs a baby bonnet to make his "under 5" attempt more plausible.
          Can you bring a Giant one for his swollen head so he doesn't have to wear a wig?
            "Plus" I think he'll look cute.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Geez, some people (ie; Harry) will do anything to save $8.00..  :-[

I'll see what I can do.  :)) :)) :))

Irene