• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who has the KDS3?

Fred H.

Just curious, who out there has the KDS3, and what software version are you using?

Have you tried it on Windows 11?

I do. Just recently ordered a couple used Elitebooks (one Win11; one Win10) that I'll also run Win7 VMs from and try -1802 on each platform.

I have both the older and newer (3.1.4) versions. Haven't tried it yet on Win 11, just curious if anyone has.

I just installed on a laptop with Win10 Pro - no issues. Will steal RAM from this one and swap to the Win11 system then repeat and see if it'll install/initialize properly.

I installed -1802 this morning on a Win11 laptop (an HP 8560p Elitebook that isn't supposed to support 11) and it initializes fine. Need to dig my KDS adapter out of the storage boxes (we recently moved) and see if the PC recognizes it properly.

One thing I noticed while doing this is the number of unknown devices in Device Manager. Make sure all are addressed, especially the base class devices like system I/O controllers - else the comms buses and ports may not work correctly. It took a couple days worth of digging to find everything I needed.

What I'll probably do with this drive is image it, remove and store then get a new one and install a Linux-based hypervisor on it. The use an XP or Win7/8 VM as the KDS platform. My Win10 platform (an 8570p) may also be a candidate for same when it goes E-O-L.