• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who's going from the Southeast? (2013 Nationals)

The Pope

http://concours.org/2013-national-home-page

I'd like to go to this, so I need to start making plans now.  :)
Still don't know if I will be able to, but if I don't start making plans now, I'll never make it!

So who else form the Southeast is considering this?
Who'd like to do an "Iron Butt" during either the ride out, ride back or both?

Well we plan on going and we're technically South East people now.......but no iron butt from us. We are planning on trailering the bikes behind the rv, stopping in Iowa to meet up with Mr. & Mrs. Snarf.

The wife and I are planning to attend but we'll be trailering the bike. I just can't convince myself to ride across the Great Plains in late August.  :truce:  Air conditioning is a good thing. :great:

although I'm as insane as anyone and would do a long ride at the drop of a hat, I was thinking the only way I could consider going is to <gulp> trailer the bike there.  If we got a few of us together, we could share the ride.  The wife will want to go if I plan it though.  there's no way she'll stand still for me going to the west coast and her not get the chance.  :great:

I've got the truck, but not a trailer big enough for multiple bikes.  We'd need to find someone with a nice 16 footer that we could borrow.  That would hold 4 bikes.  Truck hauling the bikes and another car?

Come on guys, this is not a trailer festival/Sturgis. Just ride the damn things, they have lights & motors same as your truck. I may have to fly my wife, but my bike will be ridden!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Hay Cliff ...... Just how far of a drive is it going to be for you?

It's over 2200 miles for me in August weather, so if someone is already going to trailer their bike and they have room for my bike and I get to ride in the comfortable AC, guess what I'm going to choose to do!  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
Come on guys, this is not a trailer festival/Sturgis. Just ride the damn things, they have lights & motors same as your truck. I may have to fly my wife, but my bike will be ridden!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Good for you! Some of us don't want to "just ride the damn things". I prefer to trailer from NC to Idaho and be ready to ride the roads out there.

Ride your own ride...........and trailer your ride if you have to.  Everyone has to do what they have to do.  ;)

Knock yourself out, Cliff. BTDTGTTS. I've gotten way past the age of feeling like I have to prove that I'm a "real" rider. I'm totally with John and Kathy on this one.  I'm just not willing to punish myself or my wife with crossing the plains in the late summer heat and winds.

Just a thought to throw into the discussion pool. Wouldn't argue one way or the other about trailering in. Rode through Kansas last year in august searching for the 2 turns in the state and it wasn't pretty. Later found out that complaints were filed with the Kansas state hwy dept so they came and fixed the 2 turns :).  Depending on how far south in the south east your coming from I'd suggest trying to store tow and trailer somewhere in upper NM or lower CO. and ride up. From Durango CO it's a pleasant 2 day ride in and CO, UT, Wy is a do not miss if you have the chance. From the upper try to find storage in Wy. I don't think anyone would pass up bear tooth and LOLO pass into ID Falls. Hope to C U all there. :beerchug: