• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Why We Ride Meet & Greet January 30th

long island rider

Crotch Rocket
Hi folks, there seems to be enough interest in getting together before the movie, so we put together a meet & greet. This event will go on whether or not the movie plays. Here is a link to the event, calendar page We will meet at 5:30 @ the Carle Place Diner, 151 Old Country Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514 (516) 741-0336. Hope to see you there.  :beerchug:

That date is a work night but I start at 11 PM so I can probably make it (just have to wake up early).  Work and girlfriend are within 10 miles of the diner.  Maybe I can convince my girlfriend to come to the M&G.  I'm not sure the movie event is for me, though.

Tour1 said:
That date is a work night but I start at 11 PM so I can probably make it (just have to wake up early).  Work and girlfriend are within 10 miles of the diner.  Maybe I can convince my girlfriend to come to the M&G.  I'm not sure the movie event is for me, though.

Cool, hope to see you there. My wife Susan will be attending as well, so if your girlfriend attends, she will not be the only female.  :beerchug:

Just to make sure everyone knows, signing up for the meet & greet, DOES NOT RESERVE A MOVIE TICKET. Would hate to see someone show up thinking a ticket was reserved and get shut out of the movie. Here is the link to reserve a ticket...http://www.tugg.com/events/6844
They still need 41 people for this movie to play and there are only 9 days left. If you have not reserved a ticket, please do so. Your card will not be charged until they sell enough tickets. If you have friends that ride, invite them to come too. Hope to see you there!! :beerchug:

Anyone who reserved a ticket should have gotten an email yesterday, the movie is going to play. Enough tickets have been sold!!!!  :beerchug: see you next Thursday.  :)

Yup, it sold out. Couldn't wait to ride in to work this morning, had to take the xt600, but I got to ride!! :motonoises: Had a great night, 7 of us COGgers had dinner before the movie. Great group we have going here!!  :) See you all on February 22nd. Thanks for coming out.  :beerchug:

Sorry I goofed up and forgot about it.
Let me try a couple or 3 excuses:
My new phone has a calendar but it doesn't have any reminders like my old one, it's very handy for verifying that I did indeed miss that scheduled event that I knew all about in advance.
The big snow storm last week pushed some things back to this week, so I didn't think about what I was supposed to be doing this week.
"Work" had one of those emergencies that the guy who knows everything better than me couldn't handle so I got called several times (by other people) until somebody else went in on their off time and fixed it.  (this one is rationalization because I was already missing the M&G by then).
Sorry again!

Tour1 said:
Sorry I goofed up and forgot about it.
Let me try a couple or 3 excuses:
My new phone has a calendar but it doesn't have any reminders like my old one, it's very handy for verifying that I did indeed miss that scheduled event that I knew all about in advance.
The big snow storm last week pushed some things back to this week, so I didn't think about what I was supposed to be doing this week.
"Work" had one of those emergencies that the guy who knows everything better than me couldn't handle so I got called several times (by other people) until somebody else went in on their off time and fixed it.  (this one is rationalization because I was already missing the M&G by then).
Sorry again!

"Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"  :))