• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Will A 2010/2011 C14 muffler fit a 2009 C14? (Looks better and I want quiet)

FLY-DOG

Bicycle
Will A 2010/2011 C14 muffler fit a 2009 C14? (Looks better and I want quiet). I have a Two Bro carbon fiber but I'd like it quieter.

If your looking for one. Will sell yeah my stock 09 if ya need one. brand new only 250 miles on it make me an offer.

Maybe I wasn't clear......I have a 2009. My factory 09 exhaust has only about 500 miles on it and is perfect but is butt ugly. I'm asking if the 2010 or 2011 factory muffler will bolt to the 2009 because it will be quiet but looks somewhat better than the 2009 muffler.  My 2 Bro carbon fiber exhaust looks good but is too loud for my taste.

My understanding is that the 2010-11 pipe is the same as the 08-09, but has larger end caps on each side to give you the illusion that it's smaller.  You probably could just order the end caps from the dealer.

Hi,
My buddy with a 2008 put a 2010 muffler on it.  With my 2009 parked side to side with his 2008 the 2010 muffler is shorter.  I believe he said he did not have any issues bolting it on.  I'll check with him on Fri. to confirm.
Later,
Norm

Thanks Norm....that would be great.  Before I spend money locating a 2010 muffler in really good shape it would be nice to know if it will just bolt up.  Appreciate you following up and letting me know.  Thanks again.

Ken

Lipstick on a potato launcher? Or something like that, forget how the saying goes... 
hiding.gif
smiley_dunno.gif

... what?  Better looking than what?

Don't you care that the bike will go clockwise hands off?  That the weight of two Schwinn bicycles hanging 13" starboard of the centerline was not a good idea?  You have the right pipe.  Put the $32.00 8 dcbl tip in it or put two small red potatoes...

Or buy my new 2011 stock pipe for say, shipping plus a dozen cases of Corona.  I think I'm going to saw it in half just to have a look inside.  I can't imagine that I would ever put it back on the bike but the forepipe is worth having in case one wishes to blow a tune that nobody has ever heard before.  But I'd rather have the beer, drink it all at once and see if the stock pipe looks any better.

HI,
Me again.  Sorry for the delay, I work a w/e shift.  But he did confirm that it is a straight bolt on, no mods needed.
Later,
Norm

Ken,

I have a new 2011 stock exhaust if you are still interested.  Took it off the bike the day it came home.  Ironically I put on the 2 Bros CF and love it :))  Make me an offer if you are interested.

Those are Tech Spec pads, I have em on both my bikes and I love em.  I bought the ones on my Connie here:

http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=3575&RetURL=search&search=bike&BlockSize=60&SortOrder=Default&bikeType=&bikeMake=Kawasaki&bikeModel=Concours%2014%20ABS&bikeYear=2010

Here is the company site:

http://techspec-usa.com/products.php?cPath=1_17&osCsid=87afe24b4a58d85d98bee6a85ebd5051

Well, I've decided to go a different direction.  I purchased a complete 2006 ZX14 exhaust with 400 miles on it; the guy took it off within a week of buying the bike new when he put a full system on his ZX14. I've got to order new crush gaskets for the headers where they mount up to the head........waiting to receive the exhaust (early next week) to make sure all the hardware pieces are there so I can order anything needed all at once.  I purchased a used ZX14 sidestand to clear the left mid pipe and will modify the centerstand to clear the left muffler.  A friend of mine welds for a living and will modify the center stand (tig weld) and also the left rear passenger peg so I can mount the left muffler to it.  Afterward I'll have it all powder coated to match.  All this may take me 2 to 3 weeks as I'll only be able to work on it on the weekends.  I know some will say that's adding too much weight but I want quiet and I like the looks of this set up from photos of others who have done it.  I will post some photos when complete.

Ken I have the 2Bro Ti pipe on my 08 and I didn't think it was loud.  I did install the baffle and it made it quieter when at highway speeds.  Did you try the baffle, it was only like 30 bucks.

I bought the 2 Bro baffle last week but it didn't quiet down as much as I'd hoped.  Next is the ZX14 header and dual muffler installation. The install will be a pain in the rear but I'm sure I'll like the results.

When I first put the TB pipe on the C14 I started noticing younger women, transitioning through the gears (as if back on the track) more smoothly and avoiding the local deputies... even the ones I know.  The huge difference was that the bike had completely stopped its incessant starboard fall.  I'd have paid twice the money. 

Still, the TB pipe seemed a bit loud and I was pleased when the 8 decibel "tip" arrived.  Now people remark how quiet my bike is.  I don't like it.  Under brisk acceleration it makes a pathetic Kazoolike poppy sound... rather like a Citroen CV with Abarths in a tunnel.  So I think I'll buy the less restrictive 4 decibel "tip" or modify the one I have... hear what that sounds like.  Any input about the putt will be 'preciated and put to the test.

Quite honestly, having changed nothing else, the bike runs better in low ranges without the restriction... it's just too loud and it will get louder and louder and louder and louder... oh yeah, I did get one nasty burn by not keeping my right foot forward during launch.

Burn or no burn, the bike goes straight down the road, hands off and that's a huge improvement in my book!  That was the biggest step so far in making this motorcycle mine.  You really must ignore the little stuff and get that handled.