• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windscreen Rattle

organdonor

Training Wheels
When I go over even pavement, ruts, etc... there's a disctinct rattle that I've tracked down to eminating from the windscreen. My CB Ultra Tour is securely mounted to the bracket, so I'm wondering if the bracket is loose where it attaches to the bike.

Anyone encounter this? It's not a metallic rattle. It's more of a clunking.

I have the same thing with my Euro Cut.  I disassembled the front end and found nothing loose, but the clunk is there.  I am starting to believe it is just the nature of the beast.

Same thing here on an '11 with Ultra Tour, usually just on my gravel driveway.........

Well, I dug in there pretty good.  I had the whole upper fairing and mechanism for the windshield apart.  There was a little play, but nothing loose.  but a little play at the short end of a long lever makes for a lot of play at the long end.

If you find something, I would love to hear about it, the noise annoys me.

My thinking is that there will be play between the moving parts. And especially the rollers or bushings (what ever runs in the track). And as said, it's all going to be magnified at the other end. I never found my shields a problem. But I did notice they would rattle a little. And the bigger the bump, the bigger the rattle. And it was worth proportionally with the bigger shields. Less with the CalSci 3", more with the V Stream. So I wounder if there is a problem or just the normal C14 rattle? I'm not saying there isn't a problem. Just maybe no more than most of us!

Organdonor. I have had the same problem. I'm running the Kawasaki tall shield. I got it fixed under warranty. The dealer replaced the entire windshield assembly. That was about 10k back. I now have the same problem. I'm back talking to the dealer to get offices agin.