• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wisconsin Meet and Greet?

Cafefill

I learned a long time ago that if you want to meet new people- throw a party! So- with that being said, here's what I'm toying with:
  I'd like to do a meet and greet at my home here in Greenville, just west of Appleton, WI. We'll see who's interested, then pick a Saturday afternoon in the next month or two. This will give me a chance to meet some of the area Coggers, for you to meet me, and perhaps share a few tall ones along with the tall tales.
  I currently have my 2003 in pieces for a major facelift- replacement motor, front fork upgrade, and 17" wheel conversion. I also restore old Yamaha XS650s, so there will be plenty here to see and talk about.
  If anyone is interested, let me know, and we'll try to set a date that works for everyone. Looking forward to meeting you!
Regards,
Cafefill 

Kinda goes without sayin'- in Wisconsin, summer is for ridin', and winter is for wrenchin'. Least ways, for me anyway.
  I thought this would be a good way to meet a few fellow Coggers, and maybe learn a bit too. So far, however- no responses from Cheeseland yet...
Cafefill

Wish you were a little closer, but it's over 4 hours from the twin cities to you. There are a number of members out your way though. My experience is that only a small number of members actually get on the forum. If you were to have your local AAD do an email blast you will reach those that are in your area much more effectively :great:

CU:
Let's see who else chimes in, and we'll set a date. I work every other weekend, but for reference, I'm off Super Bowl weekend. Perhaps two weeks after?
Cafefill

Looks like a date is set. We're planning on February 16, at our home in Greenville, WI, just west of Appleton. There should be a bulk e-mail invitation sent out to all the Wisconsin members soon, but if you don't receive it and want to come, e-mail me at philcartay@aol dot com, and I'll fill you in with directions, etc.
Cafefill

Dang, I'll be out of town that weekend. Too bad -- I was hoping to meet some more of my fellow Cheesehead riders.

Spark:
  Looking forward to meeting both you and CU, and whomever else makes it. Should be fun- what with the post mortem on the Concours, upcoming upgrades to same, and the other projects in the shop, there should be plenty to see and talk about. The shop is comfortably heated, so no frozen fingers either!
Cafefill

Many thanks go out to those that made my meet and greet on Saturday. I realize that some of you drove quite a ways to get here, just to meet someone you didn't know, and that I appreciate. It was a pleasure meeting all of you- stories were told, information was passed, and some learning was done, at least on my part.
  I'm looking forward to doing this again- perhaps when the weather warms and motorcycles can be included in the effort to get here.
  Again- thanks to all, and I hope to see you all again sometime soon.
Regards,
Cafefill

Sorry I missed this one.

Just to toss a suggestion out there: AMA Superbike races are coming to Road America in Plymouth on May 30-June 1. I'm already planning to be in the area for that.