• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

World Superbike - Brett McCormick - Terrible Update

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race 2 this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was  sent to Assen’s hospital for further evaluation.

The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries.
Further updates will follow asap. - WSBK News 20 April 2012

============================
Well, last year's CDN Superbike champion got a surprise last week when he was told his Superstock ride with Effenbert Liberty Racing Ducati was going to be upgraded to full WSBK status for the season.

Despite never having raced the bike before or even had more than minimal practice he got a pair of 16ths at Imola (after getting as high as 11th) and diced with John Hopkins and Baldovini in both races. 

Not bad for a first try on a new bike and after running out of fuel on the final straight in Race 2.

His lap times for both races were with the top 10 guys after falling behind in the first few laps of mayhem,  I hope Brett does well this season - he seems a nice, modest guy with a good work ethic.

http://mccormickracing.ca/

He did really well for a first race against those guys. It was impressive to see him
battling it out near the top ten for a good portion of those races. I didn't realize he
ran out of fuel in race two.
I was hoping for a better showing from Hopper but I guess he still needs to up his
fitness level and work on the arm pump issue he had in race two.
Bummer that Sykes couldn't keep the tire wear under control because he certainly
had the pace to stay out front. Hopefully the team will figure out a way to manage
the tires a little better for the upcoming races. Also looking forward to seeing more
of Hopper and McCormick closer to the front as the season progresses.

Don't forget that MotoGP starts tomorrow in Qatar.

:motonoises: