• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WRRR or SERR

WRRR went away, some other ride sorta rally I think?  replaced it.
A South East Regional Rally place holder on the calendar Sept 14th, no details though.

Vic your right, looked at the calender and it sez around the middle or the Natchez Trace some where. For those not familiar with it, it's the old trade road between Nashville and the river port at Natchez Miss. And goes thru the NW corner of Alabama. I guess it's considered a federal park with a 50 mph speed limit. What I've been on is a smooth and well taken care of highway just not high speed travel but there alot of other roads around depending on where it's at. Not far from here at all.

Glad to see interest in future SE rides. The Natchez Trace Parkway will be the SE Fall Rally, with details and registration to be in the next Concourier due out in July. The dates for the Trace are September 14-16, with rally central being in Holenwald, TN. Event details are 90% complete, even though the ride is 3 months away. Please keep checking the SE calendar for complete ride details, which should be soon completed and posted.      Al

Winding Rivers and Roads (WRRR - pronounced WHIR) is (apparently) now the SouthEast Regional Fall Rally (SERFR - pronounced SURFER).  :))  "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." :great:

Still have my vacation days for that weekend.  I go with a buddy every year to the BMW rally at Pickwick Dam on the Tennessee River.  We rode a bit of the Natchez near Florence Alabama.  Pretty view of the river and just off the Trace is a town called Waterloo, Al.  Great little restaurant there and an awsome road heading north out of Waterloo.  Looking forward to the ride! :beerchug:

How about updating the Calendar of Events?  I lost my link to the SE Newsletter and would like to contact the KOA over there about making a cabin reservation.

Thanks

OK, I managed to find the Hohenwald Natchez Trace KOA and made a cabin reservation for the weekend.  Only $45/night includes linens, shower, and kitchen!  Supposed to sleep 4, but I have not looked into how they do that.  Probably need to be a little cozier than most of us would want to get ::)  Anyhow, once I find out the actual sleeping arrangements, I may take in a "border". 

Never been on the Trace, so I am looking forward to it. 

I also inquired as to whether or not anyone from COG has set up a discount for the group.  The person I talked to did not know, but promised to find out and call me back.

I'll be in a long aluminum tube at about 38,000' on my way back from a two week visit with my darling KLR in Cal on the 15th. I'll wave as I cross the LA/MS line.

Y'all have fun.